Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
marcymarc666

Is this the most stressful season as a Leicester fan ?

Well.......my wife's stopped watching it, my mother won't watch us on Sky anymore and I'm starting to dread Friday already ! I'm trying to think of a season previously that's seriously stressed me out as much, especially with the FFP repercussions and I can't think of one.

• Like 3

Every season since Tony James kept us up with that famous 1-0 win has been bloody stressful… it’s what we do!

Any supporter under 40 will not know what a stress free season looks like. We’re either challenging for promotion, Europe, a league title or relegation.

• Like 3

**** it - if we don’t go up and clear the debts we’ll just get a massive points deduction from the EFL which will either consolidate us as a Championship side or we’ll get relegated and have to start again in League One. if we do go up we’ll get a massive points deduction, would be a miracle to stay up with the likely outcome of going down and consolidating as a Championship team.

Meanwhile let’s all pass round the King Power kool-aid and let Top mismanage stuff and give him the benefit of the doubt because his Dad was very competent.

Edited by Wasyls Pec Deck
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Aus Fox said:

Every season since Tony James kept us up with that famous 1-0 win has been bloody stressful… it’s what we do!

Any supporter under 40 will not know what a stress free season looks like. We’re either challenging for promotion, Europe, a league title or relegation.

So true. We don’t do stress free seasons. It worse now, because of the recent success we had, which has raised expectations. I remember telling my son, when we won the PL, enjoy this, because will at some point go back to a yo-yo club!

I love the club (almost too much) and it hurts more the older I get, when we are struggling. I now need therapy before and after each time we play, this season🤣

6 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

Said last night - most unloved team in 30 odd years. There’s been some shambles - last season in particular - but this squad comparable to its level has infinite talent. Throw in an awful arrogant streak, a playing style which would send a glass eye to sleep and lack of personality. 

Infinite talent?  We’ve been poor since January but a lot of crap gets written on here. Our midfield is ok. Infinite talent. 🤔

2 minutes ago, Lad1966 said:

So true. We don’t do stress free seasons. It worse now, because of the recent success we had, which has raised expectations. I remember telling my son, when we won the PL, enjoy this, because will at some point go back to a yo-yo club!

I love the club (almost too much) and it hurts more the older I get, when we are struggling. I now need therapy before and after each time we play, this season🤣

You're right, it does seem to get worse the older you get !!

I’ve said it during games many times recently … I’m not enjoying watching us play, I find it quite a stressful experience.

I presume that’s because I know there’s a strong possibility of us passively keeping the ball in our half, wasting the game, until they score. 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Ted Maul said:

Struggling to get too worked up about it to be honest. It ain't the sport I grew up with, and it's not the club I fell in love with any more. All about money these days.

I think I’m closer to this than the theme of the thread, possibly because I thought we would be woeful this season and had already accepted the club was more likely to end up in League 2 than an established Prem club in 5 years time.

That said, Saturday was horrendous and I suspect I’ll be the same at every other game.

This season was an absolute breeze until 2 months ago. Last season was just depressing from start to finish minus that little spell before xmas and the Tete game. Just expecting to lose every week and knowing nothing would change was horrific 

Edited by South Shire Fox

3 minutes ago, 5waller5 said:

I’ve said it during games many times recently … I’m not enjoying watching us play, I find it quite a stressful experience.

I presume that’s because I know there’s a strong possibility of us passively keeping the ball in our half, wasting the game, until they score. 

That's exactly how I feel - I'm not sure if I enjoyed Saturday - certainly the goal and the celebrations but the rest was pretty horrendous

It's the players for me - they are just so toothless that I find it hard to get behind them  

• Like 1

Im past the point of caring now, Im not going to let this team ruin my life anymore. Im going into these last 5 games with the mindset of 'if its Playoffs so be it'. 

I think 3 more wins will be enough, i just cant see Leeds and Ipswich winning every game. All 3 teams will drop points now its squeaky bum time. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CrazyKopCorner said:

I found the Premier League winning season excruciating as I just knew we'd cock it up and that would have been difficult to handled as it's a once in a lifetime opportunity. 

The fact we didn't amazes me to this day but in retrospect why wouldn't we have won it as we had 3 world class players and some proper leaders in that team of course - How they are missed 

Absolutely this.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

Have you forgotten what last season was like?

I imagine quite a few people had given up by this time last season as today is the 1 year anniversary of us appointing Dean Smith just after a pathetic performance at home against Bournemouth lol

• Like 2

It's up there. 

Although, maybe not stressful considering how far we blasted ahead up to Jan/Feb. 

It's perhaps one of the most frustrating considering the situation we find ourselves in though. Frustrating that we just haven't finished the job off and piling on the pressure on ourselves for no reason.