Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
marcymarc666

Is this the most stressful season as a Leicester fan ?

Good Lord no, its annoying and stinks of missed opportunities, but after the paralysed self harm of last season this has no business being rated as the most stressful.

Edited by Dahnsouff
  • Like 1

It's definitely the most infuriating season ever. From walking it to the title to near relegation form.

If your shite and go down It's because your shite.

This just don't make sense. Other than a manager with no plan b and to stubborn to change it up.

4 hours ago, 5waller5 said:

I’ve said it during games many times recently … I’m not enjoying watching us play, I find it quite a stressful experience.

I presume that’s because I know there’s a strong possibility of us passively keeping the ball in our half, wasting the game, until they score. 

The pass I hate the most is not the passing between the CBs. It is when we are starting a move forward and the ball is passed to one of Winks, Ndidi, Hamza or KDH while others are making runs, then without even looking up the midfielder in question just pass it straight back to one of the CBs thereby immediately killing the move. It happens so often that it is almost predictable.  

In order of predictability:

Hamza

Ndidi

KDH / Winks

Edited by Tom12345
  • Like 1

It's the sheer unwillingness to change things that drives me mad when things clearly aren't going our way.

It was similar under Rodgers....if things weren't going our away we would just accept defeat without a fight....not good enough.....the best teams try and find a way....no point losing 1 nil and not go for it....might as well lose 3-1 but at least have bloody tried

Its currently stressful. There is a lot at stake. I think you can see the stress in the players. But it's not just with our team.  But its nothing like last season.

Its been a strange season to be a fan. The expectations have shifted throughout the season and our performances have regressed. However, i firmly believe that a lot of our problems right now stem from not being able to offload players we needed to get out of the door. These are Ndidi, Praet, Nacho, Daka. Not being able to recruit at all in January has compounded this.  We needed to get the players with the wrong mentality out of the door. Ndidi had his mini renaissance, but since coming back from injury he has not been committed.

But back to shifting expectations, the season has moved like this:

• Following relegation, and a batsh1t crazy preseason, we expected a poor start. I thought playoffs was a reasonable target
  • The start exceeded all expectations.
  • Groans started appearing that we weren't hammering teams every week, even though our Goal difference was on another level to everyone else.
  • We break some sort of 'start of season' record (dont care). Goal difference on another level still.  HMS piss the league meme appears.
  • Lose games - pelters arrive
  • Do well again over very difficult xmas period. More groans that we aren't smashing teams
  • Crap January window - lose Cassadei, don't offload any hangers on and no reinforcements.  KDH rumours.
  • Probably best 1st half i've seen against Sheff Weds.
  • Great win against Bournemouth
  • Downturn and midtable form. Injuries to key players. Lose mammoth lead.
  • FFP / PSR rumours
  • Terrible accounts released. 
  • Awful performances. Enzo out. 2 good home wins but away from gone to pot. Can't keep a clean sheet.

But still top of the league with everything to play for. 

1 hour ago, Tielemans63 said:

Not been to Latimer Park for a few years. Might see you down there soon! Used to absolutely love trips to Rocky Road on a Saturday. Less so the trips to Nene Park!

Imran Ladak out!

Now there was one really shit chairman. 😁

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Spudulike said:

This was the same for me. Don't think that I slept for about two months when it became all consuming. All those 1 nils with Sir Jeffrey of Schlupp keeping the ball by the corner flag and Kasper catching crosses. Sky were also responsible with the constant 'coming for you jingle' at every advert break and their desperation for us not to hold on.

Granted we did have 3 world class players but it would've only taken injuries and a red card (ahem) or two to have upset the apple cart.

For me, my overwhelming emotion's are anger and frustration since winning the cup. The Bristol debacle ruined my Easter. 

Sometimes just want to laugh and walkaway. Shame that it's not possible.

You sound like a kindred spirit. 

I'm been in a terrible mood today and not been able to put my finger on it but as soon as I think of last night I start to get angry 

Edited by CrazyKopCorner

It's one of the most unenjoyable but no way is it the most stressful. The title winning season takes that easily. I was on bloody kalms tablets the last few weeks of that. Hell I was so tense that I genuinely pulled muscles in my arm and neck celebrating the goals against Palace and Sunderland!!!

I think it was Arsene Wenger who said that complacency is the enemy of progress.

It was complacency above all (call it cockiness or arrogance, if you will) from the manager and players that got us relegated against the odds last season. And it is complacency above all from the manager and players that is now threatening to keep us in the Championship.

In that respect this season is joint second with last in the ‘stressful’ stakes.

Nothing will ever match 2015/16 for stress though. I said during the run in of that campaign that I didn’t care whatever Leicester did in the future as long as they won the Premier League that season. And when I look back and wonder how miserable I would have felt  - perhaps for ever - had we blown it, I know I meant every word.

I loved that team - they never got complacent.

I don’t love this one.

• Like 1

2016 was hands down the most stressful season for me.  As The Don himself put it, as we neared the final straight - "Now, or never more"  We would never get that chance again.

This season doesn't come close.  Perhaps because II can't see a decent future in the short term, whatever happens, it looks like fire fighting for a few seasons before we can build again and perhaps its because I am becoming less and less engaged with the club, the players and this style of football.  

• Like 1

Changed since the PSR charges. The fact that promotion, which should be an opportunity to enjoy and look forward, will bring a points deduction and selling of key assets to attempt to avoid another one has lost the appeal for me.

• Like 2

Just now, Corky said:

Changed since the PSR charges. The fact that promotion, which should be an opportunity to enjoy and look forward, will bring a points deduction and selling of key assets to attempt to avoid another one has lost the appeal for me.

I think that the players see it the same way and I suspect that this is what is behind our sudden decline in form.

9 hours ago, Chelmofox said:

Have you forgotten what last season was like?

True, but I think the two seasons are linked. Last season caused so much anger and anxiety that it doesn’t take much to re-live those feelings. Even when things were going as well as they could this season, somewhere in the back of my mind there was a dark space of doubt because of what previously happened. 
Then the last couple of months have been horrendous, in many ways, and it somehow feels just as bad being top of the league right now, as it did being relegated. Strange.  

4 hours ago, Tom12345 said:

The pass I hate the most is not the passing between the CBs. It is when we are starting a move forward and the ball is passed to one of Winks, Ndidi, Hamza or KDH while others are making runs, then without even looking up the midfielder in question just pass it straight back to one of the CBs thereby immediately killing the move. It happens so often that it is almost predictable.  

In order of predictability:

Hamza

Ndidi

KDH / Winks

Very true!!! 

You missed JJ from your list! 

Not even close to 2015/16.

We lost last night, a bit hacked off with them but I went to  bed and slept fine. 8 years ago I would be awake at 3am thinking how unbearable it would be for us to get so close only to lose out to Spurs on goal difference. 

2015/16 was not stressful.  After "that Huth goal" it was written and I enjoyed the ride.

Last season was not stressful either, it was just inevitable from the moment Schmeichel left and there was no plan to replace him.  I said we were in big trouble before a ball was kicked, people lol and we all know what happened.

This season is stressful, frustrating and plain incomprehensible at times.  To be top of the league and not particularly enjoying it is bizarre, yet here we are lol

There is a massive amount at stake which could very quickly unravel if things don't go our way.  Therefore, it's stressful.  100%.

2 hours ago, Gubbins said:

It's one of the most unenjoyable but no way is it the most stressful. The title winning season takes that easily. I was on bloody kalms tablets the last few weeks of that. Hell I was so tense that I genuinely pulled muscles in my arm and neck celebrating the goals against Palace and Sunderland!!!

I still don't know how we coped with 2016. The West Ham match at home  a particular memory. I expected a struggle this season only to get sucked into our breakaway lead but not surprised we have seen it almost dissolve. Funny thing in years we were absolute crap you sort of become immune. It is a true cliché but it's the hope that kills you. Plus all the financial nonsense sours 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hammo said:

I think it was Arsene Wenger who said that complacency is the enemy of progress.

It was complacency above all (call it cockiness or arrogance, if you will) from the manager and players that got us relegated against the odds last season. And it is complacency above all from the manager and players that is now threatening to keep us in the Championship.

In that respect this season is joint second with last in the ‘stressful’ stakes.

Nothing will ever match 2015/16 for stress though. I said during the run in of that campaign that I didn’t care whatever Leicester did in the future as long as they won the Premier League that season. And when I look back and wonder how miserable I would have felt  - perhaps for ever - had we blown it, I know I meant every word.

I loved that team - they never got complacent.

I don’t love this one.

Good points. Just think if we had blown it in 2016.