Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
marcymarc666

Is this the most stressful season as a Leicester fan ?

If you had a bucket list as a City supporter, number one would be "Win the League", number two would be "Win the Cup".  I have waited a lifetime but, there we are, bucket list complete.  Stress?  Going down to div 1 must rate.  Even then, fighting back from 2-0 down to Birmingham to 2-1 and the real supporters singing the "Great Escape" tune for what seemed like the whole of the second half rates as the best ever support I have had the honour to experience.  Get real, people, the team is the team, whoever owns the club, however much they earn and, unfortunately, our egos count for nothing.  Whether they win 1-0 or lose 5-0 you have to keep the faith, otherwise go and "support" Liverpool or Arsenal or PSG or Real Madrid.......................................... Support = Blind Faith, absolutely no conditions.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I'm not looking forward to watching on Friday

Do we deserve to be top of the league?

I'm beginning to yearn for the traditional back 4

I thought Enzo system was partly about wingers taking on fullbacks

Vestergaard is considered one of our best players

We're top of the league

I'm a bit mixed up

Stressful, no. Tiresome and mundane however, absolutely. 

Think my overall contempt for the state of modern day football, VAR, refereeing standards, fan ‘culture’ etc doesn’t help. Could probably brush all that aside with 15/16 and the Cup win. Then again the absolute charlatans we still have in charge makes me wonder what catastrophe we’ll sleep walk into next. 

All in all, however which way we get promoted I hope 30,000 celebrate with a universal shoulder shrug. Take that EFL! With your BTEC referees and box-ticking commentary teams, jog on. 

This seaso has been SO FRUSTRATING... and even more so knowing that we are looking like getting promoted.. or even winning the league!... but just feeling so uninspired, whether its by the football (most likely), the manager, the players or the club.

If we get promoted, we probably wont experience this kind of success for years to come...and still :( zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Maybe its me, maybe its football itsself, maybe its a societal change.

This season, Im not stressed, Im sad, frustrated, disapointed, bored and uninspired.

• Like 2

Strangely enough, I think the two Covid seasons were the most stressful for me. Always felt we’d throw it away both times and constantly looking over our shoulders. I think there was something about watching it from home that made it even more result dependent.

5 hours ago, glenparva boy said:

If you had a bucket list as a City supporter, number one would be "Win the League", number two would be "Win the Cup".  I have waited a lifetime but, there we are, bucket list complete.  Stress?  Going down to div 1 must rate.  Even then, fighting back from 2-0 down to Birmingham to 2-1 and the real supporters singing the "Great Escape" tune for what seemed like the whole of the second half rates as the best ever support I have had the honour to experience.  Get real, people, the team is the team, whoever owns the club, however much they earn and, unfortunately, our egos count for nothing.  Whether they win 1-0 or lose 5-0 you have to keep the faith, otherwise go and "support" Liverpool or Arsenal or PSG or Real Madrid.......................................... Support = Blind Faith, absolutely no conditions.

This is such a shit post. Good grief. 

• Haha 1

I do think if we don’t get promoted after where we were, then it’ll be a massive disappointment.

At least we still had European football last time. If we don’t get promoted, we do stand a strong chance of doing what the likes of Forest, Blackburn etc have done and just becoming really mundane and floating around the Championship for years on end. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, glenparva boy said:

Support = Blind Faith - quote of the year! Top post!

2 hours ago, Sly said:

I do think if we don’t get promoted after where we were, then it’ll be a massive disappointment.

At least we still had European football last time. If we don’t get promoted, we do stand a strong chance of doing what the likes of Forest, Blackburn etc have done and just becoming really mundane and floating around the Championship for years on end. 

I agree. To not get promoted after such a commanding lead, with a squad of players better than most in the Championship, albeit those players have to take some responsibility, for me, to surrender such a lead, would largely have to be down to neglectful and stubborn management.

The apparent inability to adapt formations, tactics or substitutions to live time situations is annoyingly similar to the last manager.

Hopefully we have enough individual talent in the squad to limp over the line in order to get that pot of gold to enable us to secure our future against FFP uncertainty but, the frustration for me is the deja vu that if Maresca doesn't change his ways, it will merely be rinse and repeat. After Puel and Rodgers, it's starting to wear a little bit thin and you have to question Top's ability in picking a leader. He seems a sucker for bull****!

• Like 2

Feel it was much easier when most games were just Saturday 3pm as well, a couple of mad hours then asses where you were at 5pm.

Between now and the end of April, there are more days (10), on which there is a game containing a team in the promotion race, than there are days not (9). It's just non stop, mainly thanks to Sky.

Edited by Sol thewall Bamba

4 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Feel it was much easier when most games were just Saturday 3pm as well, a couple of mad hours then asses where you were at 5pm.

Between now and the end of April, there are more days (10), on which there is a game containing a team in the promotion race, than there are days not (9). It's just non stop, mainly thanks to Sky.

Oh without a doubt Sky have f***ed us. People laugh at Enzo's comment's, and whilst I agree there's no benefit in moaning to the media about it, it's an absolute mess the way we're being moved about for TV coverage at the crunch point of the season. They'll be a drop off unfortunately.

• Like 1

Winning the league was hyper stressful!!!

I remember waking up on match days with a knot in my stomach…. 

I loved it all of course, but creating history was quite overwhelming at times…

Winning the league far more stressful. Was unlikely we’d ever get in a position like that again from sort of February onwards. This is nothing compared to that. I’d feel a lot more confident in the present day if we had that jovial Italian running the show instead of the current one mind. 

Guest leatherhead32
28 minutes ago, OwnGoal said:

Winning the league far more stressful. Was unlikely we’d ever get in a position like that again from sort of February onwards. This is nothing compared to that. I’d feel a lot more confident in the present day if we had that jovial Italian running the show instead of the current one mind. 

bang on og , my nerves were shot by the end of that , went manc and we felt privileged to be there 3.1 win but still didn't believe by time we got home wed win it. first time i stopped shaking and thought we can win this is when the ruf put his whistle toward his mush at 90 plus in the chelsea spuds game on may day. then came the reward. this is a walk in park . coyb 

On 10/04/2024 at 09:25, Nolucklcfc said:

It’s the most annoying. Because we should have this shite league wrapped up by now but as is the Leicester way we are ****ing it up. 

This!!!! HMS pissing the league lmfao, yeah fooking right! Bunch of bottlers! Pisses me right off. Granted I'm a few pints deep already in preparation for tonites disappointment.

Guest leatherhead32
On 10/04/2024 at 21:50, glenparva boy said:

this is a post that should be framed, repeated, and given an award . :appl::ricardo: