Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
marcymarc666

Is this the most stressful season as a Leicester fan ?

No idea how anyone can think this is more stressful than 2015-16. Are you sure it's not that they've stopped watching because it's all got a bit crap? We're screwed if we go up, we're screwed if we stay down, if you're getting stressed about it for the love of God stop - we've won the top flight of English football and the FA Cup in our lifetimes, football should never stress you out again.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, RYM said:

I think it’s the most frustrating due to the complete carbon copy of last season. 

arrogance, stubbornness, players thinking they are too good and just have to turn up.

even the use of social media to self promote and to celebrate averageness from players is the same.

Not to mention the repeated mistake of not capitalising on the January window. We made the same mistake when we were challenging for Top 4 but didn’t learn. Really hope we see a board shake up at the end of the season. 

Last year was stressful but for much of the season there was a sort of inevitability about it.  We all hoped for a miracle, but deep down we knew we were very likely to get relegated.  It was disappointing when it happened, but we'd had months to adjust to the idea. 

This season feels more stressful because we've had promotion in our grasp for the entire season, and it's looking as if we're going to bottle it in the final weeks.

And of course all the financial stuff is adding to the misery.

Out of interest, does anyone look on the Leeds and Ipswich forums?  I wonder how those fans are feeling.  My guess is that Ipswich are buzzing because they've surpassed all their expectations, but Leeds fans are feeling as anxious as we are. 

2 minutes ago, Qwerty said:

Out of interest, does anyone look on the Leeds and Ipswich forums?  I wonder how those fans are feeling.  My guess is that Ipswich are buzzing because they've surpassed all their expectations, but Leeds fans are feeling as anxious as we are. 

They don't lose to QPR, Bristol, Middlesbrough and Millwall every week

It's not stressful, it's just boring and uninspired.  

The stress will be next season if we go up  with Enzo in charge and get smashed constantly because Enzo has one style of football which will get ripped to pieces every single week. 

Edited by kristianity77
  • Like 1

2015/16 was the most stressful season we'll ever have and it's not even close.

Have people forgotten how it felt when we were 0-0 against Norwich for 80 minutes? And waiting for Spurs to play Stoke away.. convincing ourselves Stoke would make it tough for them, just to see them run away with the game to leave us feeling empty and shit-scared? That feeling will never be replicated fighting for autos in the Championship.

• Like 4

You must be joking. Last season was easily more stressful with an incompetent board, manager that didn’t care and players with one eye on the exit. 

Yes we’ve lost a few but still remain up at the summit with very few games left.

It has developed into one of the most stressful seasons because up until two months ago the expectation was automatic promotion. That’s down to the Manager and players.

Plus we are still all mentally in our own way dealing with last seasons ‘Too good to get relegated Gucci belt outfit’

The inevitability was  I expected us to lose in a shit and horrible way at Millwall last night. It’s like I knew we would beat West Ham last game of the season but also knew Everton would sneak a win against Bournemouth.

So the stress continues until it’s released by a win.
Imagine the playoffs!!

As my father in law says It’s the hope that kills you.

It's more frustration than stress, knowing that we still have a bunch of players that can't be relied on to turn up and give a sh*t.

I'm just sick of watching some of these players in a Leicester shirt. Wout Faes could be in the Champions League final or a Sunday league match, it wouldn't change the urgency he plays with or the way his mind works. Honestly the best thing about our financial issues is we're gonna be forced to get rid of most of them and start players that need to prove themselves. 

It's not really been stressful for me. To be honest, I thought we would struggle this season due to how terrible we were on and off the pitch last season. The first half of season was a pleasant surprise. On paper we are the best team/players, so it's bee frustration more than anything when we play badly or lose.

The club have had worse seasons with relegations, heartbreak, and even administration. Those were stress.

And with the whole FFP thing and what is happening with football in general, to me, getting promoted does not feel all what it used to mean.

15 minutes ago, Hollism said:

2015/16 was the most stressful season we'll ever have and it's not even close.

Have people forgotten how it felt when we were 0-0 against Norwich for 80 minutes? And waiting for Spurs to play Stoke away.. convincing ourselves Stoke would make it tough for them, just to see them run away with the game to leave us feeling empty and shit-scared? That feeling will never be replicated fighting for autos in the Championship.

Yeah 2016 was way more stressful. The first half was great, but the last quarter was awful. I remember laying awake at night trying to calculate how many points we needed and how we'd get them. This season it's just disappointment. Disappointed that Rudkin's still here, Top's not got a clue how to run the club, Enzo is such a boring unimaginative manager and how much cash we're doling out to these shit players. I'd be quite happy to see Enzo leave along with 80% of the players at the end of the season, regardless of what happens between now and then. Sick of the whole club.

• Like 2

2015/16 was enjoyable and to a point stressful. There are plenty of things in life to get stressed about, supporting your football club isn't one of them - literally a waste of time. 

25 minutes ago, Durnerz said:

You must be joking. Last season was easily more stressful with an incompetent board, manager that didn’t care and players with one eye on the exit. 

Yes we’ve lost a few but still remain up at the summit with very few games left.

Incompetent board, manager that doesn't care, and players with one eye on the exit door. You sure you are talking about last season and not this 🙄

11 minutes ago, broughtonblue said:

Incompetent board, manager that doesn't care, and players with one eye on the exit door. You sure you are talking about last season and not this 🙄

The failings of the board are prior to this season. We have a manager who has flaws but has taken a team to the top of the league and as far as I know no players have a desire to leave, so what’s your point exactly?

• Haha 1

Stressful? Nah. 

Hateful? It's up there with last season for rage-inducing, pathetic, spineless performances in absolutely crucial games. I haven't got to the point of absolutely despising the manager and the majority of the players yet which is the difference... But there's still time. 

When was our last boring season?

id be quite happy for us to get promoted and sit between 10-14th for 2/3 seasons. No huge turnover of players/staff, relegation battles, boardroom chaos etc

Go into each game trying to win with no repercussions at either end of the table if we don’t.

think the last 2/3 years had aged me 20 yrs 

36 minutes ago, Tommy G said:

2015/16 was enjoyable and to a point stressful. There are plenty of things in life to get stressed about, supporting your football club isn't one of them - literally a waste of time. 

It's only over the past 4-5 years that I've managed to not let the football ruin my mood or get me stressed/angry. It's nice.

It is a double-edged sword though, as cutting out the lows, does the same for the highs, or at least it has for me....and it's the range of emotions is what makes supporting a football team great really. I still celebrate a Leicester goal, but I'm not bouncing round the room anymore. 

I prefer it over being furious when we lose, but I don't particularly begrudge people who take a ride on that emotional rollercoaster - Not necessarily a waste of time.