Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
marcymarc666

Is this the most stressful season as a Leicester fan ?

2 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

Every season since Tony James kept us up with that famous 1-0 win has been bloody stressful… it’s what we do!

Any supporter under 40 will not know what a stress free season looks like. We’re either challenging for promotion, Europe, a league title or relegation.

There have been some wilderness in the Championship years I can think of. Too bad to be relegated but not good enough to push for play offs. Well boy we soon set that record straight and went a lovely visit to League 1. 

• Like 1

Nah…!

When you’ve followed City for as long as I have, this season pales by comparison.

I’m still getting over that play/off final where we came back to 3-3 (I think?) and Swindon got the late penno. Never have I felt so gutted as a Leicester fan.

They were the ‘good old days’ though when I felt much closer to the team and the club. Guess it’s a generational thing 

• Like 1

Stressful? Not even close. Just look back at recent years and those are stressful seasons. I understand the sentiment around the future of the club but that damage was done last season.

Certainly one of the most joyless. The football has been largely uninspiring with a quality of squad that should be far beyond this league so even winning games has been a bit meh. The fact that I forgot we were playing Liverpool on the league cup earlier in the year and that I've missed parts of several games when I've been around (don't get to many games on person but have built my weekends around streaming Leicester since we've been able to watch them), shows the lack of interest my side.

If we fail to get promoted this year then the club as a whole deserves the misery that follows for the next 5/10 years but it's been a shambles.

Last year was the most stressful, as a fan you could see everything happening with no wake up at all from the club.

This year flip flops from joyous to frustrating pretty much week by week

2 hours ago, Brizzle Fox said:

For me it's not the most 'stressful' but more like the most 'I couldn't give a ****' season in my 45 years of following the City.

Maybe it's because we've 'completed football'.

Maybe it's the abject mismanagement off the pitch, culminating for me in the inactivity in taking so long in getting rid of Rodgers when it was clear for a year or two he was destroying the club.  

Maybe it's the lack of atmosphere at games (anywhere) anymore, that clubs don't give a shit about the match going fan, that the media only care about the Greedy 6 etc etc etc.

Or maybe its the vogue for this modern style of playing (not just us). Slow, monotonous passing for possessions sake.......it's just soooooo boring.

Probably a combo of these things and maybe I just don't really like football any more!

Anyway up the City I suppose.

Spot on. All these things and I suspect an element of being older and as much as it's a key part of your identity, it's importance has diminished just that little bit compared to other things in life

• Like 2

As other have pointed out, the actual 90 minutes of playing time watching the 15-16 season was agony, even if everything around it was so glorious no other fan base has experienced it.

The final season at Filbert Street was meant to be a celebration of both history and a new modern club but felt dismal on so many levels and obviously dropping into League One for the first time felt nigh on world ending at the time. 

This season has been nowhere near as stressful. Think one, a lot of fans under estimate what the Championship can be like, something entirely understandable given the first few months of breezing it.

But probably more importantly many are just disillusioned with modern football more than anything.

The idea we’ve got to go up because we’ll have a bit more money, (but still not enough to even likely replace what we’ll lose), is contrary to the usual feeling of hope and bettering yourself you would normally get about the possibility of promotion. 

• Like 1

Title winning season 2015/16

Had we thrown our chance away, it was never happening again.

It was an endurance, especially after beating Man City, definitely not enjoyable. 

After that season,  it really wouldn't have bothered me if football was never played again. 

This & last season is/was very annoying, not stressful.

Edited by STEVIE B
  • Like 2

Nah 15/16 was the most stressful, it felt like our only chance we'd ever get at winning the Prem. I don't know if it's our recent achievements or because I just expect us to keep getting worse under current leadership at the club. I don't feel anything - if anything the idea of staying down and see how this lot does in those tough circumstances feels more entertaining than us going up and putting in a meek season like Burnley are doing.

It's like an FM save - we hit our peak and achieved a lot. I fancy a reset and building up from obscurity again lol

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CrazyKopCorner said:

I found the Premier League winning season excruciating as I just knew we'd cock it up and that would have been difficult to handle as it's a once in a lifetime opportunity. 

The fact we didn't amazes me to this day but in retrospect why wouldn't we have won it as we had 3 world class players and some proper leaders in that team of course - How they are missed 

This was the same for me. Don't think that I slept for about two months when it became all consuming. All those 1 nils with Sir Jeffrey of Schlupp keeping the ball by the corner flag and Kasper catching crosses. Sky were also responsible with the constant 'coming for you jingle' at every advert break and their desperation for us not to hold on.

Granted we did have 3 world class players but it would've only taken injuries and a red card (ahem) or two to have upset the apple cart.

For me, my overwhelming emotion's are anger and frustration since winning the cup. The Bristol debacle ruined my Easter. 

Sometimes just want to laugh and walkaway. Shame that it's not possible.

46 minutes ago, Nalis said:

2015/16 stressed the shit out of me ngl

Agree - to me there’s no comparison 

we knew that was more than likely our only chance to achieve that in our lifetime.  If we don’t go up this season and end up screwed by the efl and flounder for a few seasons and possibly end up in league 1 then it’s not something we’ve never seen before. 

Que sera 

No, it’s the most frustrating. Because the manager is hell bent on throwing it away. Is it only me who finds last nights post match interview extremely concerning…… it was almost like he admitted that he doesn’t know what he’s doing. 

7 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

No, it’s the most frustrating. Because the manager is hell bent on throwing it away. Is it only me who finds last nights post match interview extremely concerning…… it was almost like he admitted that he doesn’t know what he’s doing. 

Leicester City manager Enzo Maresca told BBC Radio Leicester:

"A tough night. But we knew it would be a difficult game - every game until the end of the season will be difficult because every club is playing for some target.

"We struggled a little bit in the first half to find space and to create chances. The second half was much better, but they scored a fantastic goal.

"At this stage of the season, to be honest, I expected some games like this because now it's almost 50 games that we've played and it's the last three or four weeks, so everyone is a little bit tired.

"Now it's a matter of recovering energy and trying to win the game on Friday. Every game now is a big moment.

"The game we've played is gone. Now we need to be focused on the next games - they are the most important of the season."

Rotate the squad then Enzo lol

32 minutes ago, Daggers said:

Gentlemen, allow me to introduce you to the world of non-league football:

* local side

* community vibes 

* drinking pitchside

I’ve had an absolute ball this season. KPFC pushed me to the point of hating football last year. I don’t enjoy the footy the Poppies put on but I really enjoy going, if that makes sense. 

This will be me next season. 

I have cancelled all of by subscriptions to Sky and BT this season and only watch LCFC and that is just not enjoyable these days. 

Non-League is my last dance with football i think. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Daggers said:

* local side

* community vibes 

* drinking pitchside

I’ve had an absolute ball this season. KPFC pushed me to the point of hating football last year. I don’t enjoy the footy the Poppies put on but I really enjoy going, if that makes sense. 

Not been to Latimer Park for a few years. Might see you down there soon! Used to absolutely love trips to Rocky Road on a Saturday. Less so the trips to Nene Park!

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

Leicester City manager Enzo Maresca told BBC Radio Leicester:

"A tough night. But we knew it would be a difficult game - every game until the end of the season will be difficult because every club is playing for some target.

"We struggled a little bit in the first half to find space and to create chances. The second half was much better, but they scored a fantastic goal.

"At this stage of the season, to be honest, I expected some games like this because now it's almost 50 games that we've played and it's the last three or four weeks, so everyone is a little bit tired.

"Now it's a matter of recovering energy and trying to win the game on Friday. Every game now is a big moment.

"The game we've played is gone. Now we need to be focused on the next games - they are the most important of the season."

Rotate the squad then Enzo lol

That's up there with "it was quite warm out there today"

45 minutes ago, Daggers said:

* local side

* community vibes 

* drinking pitchside

I agree, there's just nothing local at a reasonable standard unfortunately (I'm fairly close to Leicester so any side higher than the 10th tier of the pyramid is on the outskirts of the county).

Most stressful seasons in my time supporting Leicester (since I was conscious enough of the peril involved in football to get stressed about it, so let's say 1994) - in chronological order:

1995-96: Manager left for a rival midway through the season; his replacement started terribly; protests at the Sheffield United game; an unbelievable run to take us to the play-offs; last minute of extra time winner in the play-off final.

2001-02: Awful from pretty much the first kick of the season; knowledge that we were spending big money on a new stadium while very likely to be relegated; looming threat of administration.

2002-03: Genuinely feared we might not have a football club for much longer at various points this season - now that's stressful.

2007-08: 4 managers and about 65 players; atrocious football; relegation to League 1 for the first time in our history.

2012-13: Similar to this season - a huge springtime slump after starting the season well, followed by scraping into the play-offs, then the Watford semi-final following which I slumped into a deep, weeks-long depression.

2022-23: Similar to the 01-02 season there was a looming sense of dread from pretty much day 1. The last 4 or 5 games after Smith came in were particularly stressful because it felt like there was a bit of hope.