Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Southampton (H) - Tue 23/04/24 - 20:00 KO

27 minutes ago, ElusiveEd said:

How many are they bringing?

Given their position and all they are/were fighting for I'm expecting masses and they have sold out but have they been given block M1 or is that ours as sometimes happens?

Sold it 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DJ Barry Hammond said:

Am I alone in wondering what some fans obsession with Tom Cannon is? 

Personally, I don’t think he’s shown anywhere near the level to be warranting starting games ahead of the other strikers we have in the squad.

To me, from what we’ve seen so far he lacks a presence.

He’s not a striker that dominates a back line or puts fear into defenders through pace, power or skill.

100% agree. 

5 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Just seen their game today. Boy did they miss some chances. Could be a very entertaining but frustrating 0-0 and 23 shots each sort of game! 

Brookes going around the keeper, taking loads of touches and messing up an easy chance to stick it in, then diving for a pen was hilarious

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Twitcher said:

Regardless of the Leeds result, would you take a point?

No but I would have took 4pts from the next two games before West Brom.

Massive 3pts and we only need a draw against Southampton or one more win this season to guarantee finishing above them so they're more or less out of the equation for us at least because if we lose to them and fail to win in the last two we're probably not going to make it anyway.

Puts a different slant on the game them losing today. I expect us to be aggressive and go and get the win. 

I would bring Justin in for some pace as we lacked that today. Play Vardy for 60 mins if can manage. Hamza to play after a decent game. 

Mads

Coady    Vesty  Justin 

Hamza   Ndidi  Winks KDH 

Fatawu     Vardy    Mavididi 

18 minutes ago, Gerard said:

No but I would have took 4pts from the next two games before West Brom.

Massive 3pts and we only need a draw against Southampton or one more win this season to guarantee finishing above them so they're more or less out of the equation for us at least because if we lose to them and fail to win in the last two we're probably not going to make it anyway.

Someone’s really happy tonight 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Swarles Barkley said:

Is Downes out for them?

Don’t think so, they said he might have been fit to start today in the press conference but then they said that they might save him for Tuesday instead.

could do with him out. He makes the whole team tick. 

• Thanks 1

In the previous fixture, Southampton had more possesion but we pressed them when trying to play out from the back and killed them on the break.

I hope we play more of a counter attack style again as I think it will be a lot more effective. It doesn't matter how we win, we just need to get the job done! We were getting killed on the transition today, and Southampton have a lot more quality than WBA. Maybe the Saints misfired a bit today, but on paper they have more quality.

• Like 3

I think we go into this we a lot more confidence and if Leeds fail to win we will be well up for it.

They concede a lot of goals and are coming off the back of a loss, I think we will win possibly sealing promotion 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Tuna said:

They'll be knackered after 3 games in a week and we'll need to rotate surely, I'd be happy with Ricardo in for Ndidi in midfield.

Coady will probably be on the bench again (acknowledged he was knackered after today). But I'd play him. Big game player.

Not only that, but it will be  their 2nd long trip in 3 days.

8 hours ago, Twitcher said:

Regardless of the Leeds result, would you take a point?

we need two wins and a draw so if they drew against the saints and  win next two games they  go up as champ on goal diffrence even if ipswich win there 3 remaining games so a win should get us a 1/2 place but a draw not to bad rather the win and if i was saints id be looking at play offs now so reserves out

4 minutes ago, george55 said:

we need two wins and a draw so if they drew against the saints and  win next two games they  go up as champ on goal diffrence even if ipswich win there 3 remaining games so a win should get us a 1/2 place but a draw not to bad rather the win and if i was saints id be looking at play offs now so reserves out

This is hard to make sense of. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, george55 said:

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, StriderHiryu said:

In the previous fixture, Southampton had more possesion but we pressed them when trying to play out from the back and killed them on the break.

I hope we play more of a counter attack style again as I think it will be a lot more effective. It doesn't matter how we win, we just need to get the job done! We were getting killed on the transition today, and Southampton have a lot more quality than WBA. Maybe the Saints misfired a bit today, but on paper they have more quality.

We're a lot more tired and under a lot less pressure now tbf.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

A game where we purposely let them hold possession because we knew we could open them up on the transition. We haven't had many games like that this season.

• Like 1