Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Southampton (H) - Tue 23/04/24 - 20:00 KO

9 hours ago, DJ Barry Hammond said:

Am I alone in wondering what some fans obsession with Tom Cannon is? 

Personally, I don’t think he’s shown anywhere near the level to be warranting starting games ahead of the other strikers we have in the squad.

To me, from what we’ve seen so far he lacks a presence.

He’s not a striker that dominates a back line or puts fear into defenders through pace, power or skill.

Very difficult to show a presence when you're on the bench.

Hermansen

Ricardo

Coady

Vestergaard

Faes

Winks

Ndidi

KDH

Fatawu

Vardy

Mavididi

Sub on: Daka, Praet and Justin.

I was feeling marginally optimistic after today but after reading the Ipswich forum, I think we’ll be promoted on Tuesday. 

Mads

JJ

Coady

Vestergaard

Choudhury

Winks

KDH

Ricardo

Fatawu

Vardy

Mavididi

Back 4 selected to allow JJ to deal with Adam Armstrong and Choudhury to invert which should help look after Brooks who likes to come inside. HC deserves to play after West Brom performance.

Would prefer Ricardo in there with Wilf to come on from bench. Strong bench with Faes, Doyle, Praet, Yunus Mcateer and Cannon available 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, MPH said:

I think we have to play it much tighter at the back to get anything out of the Southampton game. They have the players to really hurt us..

Quite right. We're a shambles at the back at times and excel at losing possession far too easily. Add to that the lack of pace. They have to do better on Tuesday. Let's be honest, WB should've had 3  goals yesterday. Faes stands off far too often Imo, is that because he's not quick enough?

1 hour ago, saintwill70 said:

We're nailed on the playoffs, likely West Brom first.

Well just take please now in ruining it for Leeds and Leicester 🤣🟥

Leeds....... just ruin it for Leeds :thumbup:

3 hours ago, Jazzy_Jeff said:

Mads

JJ

Coady

Vestergaard

Choudhury

Winks

KDH

Ricardo

Fatawu

Vardy

Mavididi

Back 4 selected to allow JJ to deal with Adam Armstrong and Choudhury to invert which should help look after Brooks who likes to come inside. HC deserves to play after West Brom performance.

Would prefer Ricardo in there with Wilf to come on from bench. Strong bench with Faes, Doyle, Praet, Yunus Mcateer and Cannon available 

I like it, but think it's a lot to ask Vardy to start, I think he'll start Daka although I'd like Cannon.

1 minute ago, Chelmofox said:

Interesting that people think Riccy will play the midfield role. Could be the reason why Ndidi played the whole game even though we was shattered. 

I'm unsure, he just doesn't trust anyone else. 

13 hours ago, Cadno'r Cymoedd said:

Can we give Bertrand a call? Might fancy a game against his old club....📞🤔

would rather southampton made that offer to him first, give Mavididi or Fatawu a really easy game.

2 hours ago, saintwill70 said:

We're nailed on the playoffs, likely West Brom first.

Well just take please now in ruining it for Leeds and Leicester 🤣🟥

Well you can only ruin it for one of us...

41 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

The three centre back formation doesn't work with the players we have. Completely exposed in the right full back position (note WBA goal yesterday) and shouldnt be expecting young Abdul to cover it off. We won't get away with it again.

This is correct re yesterday. I think Ricardo's positional awareness papers over a lot of cracks, and Hamza's performance yesterday is being overrated slightly because of the goalline clearances. Abdul was having to do a huge amount of defensive work.

• Like 2

Dropping Rick because of goal line clearances is insane. We need our best 11 and Hamza isn't in that. I'd be amazed if there was any changes apart from playing the rested Ricardo again. 

I don't think Enzo is happy with Cannons pressing ability , it has to be the reason he's not included. Same for Kel but we know that's true.

I think we win this but Leeds get something at Boro. Pulverise Preston then party at home for Blackburn

54 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

The three centre back formation doesn't work with the players we have. Completely exposed in the right full back position (note WBA goal yesterday) and shouldnt be expecting young Abdul to cover it off. We won't get away with it again.

It's been that way most of the season, It's taken clubs a while to figure us out.

We should have went back 4 with Wilf or Hamza covering in front of them. To make sure we were picking up points every game so close to the finishing line.