Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ian Nacho

2024/25 Season Tickets: Renewal Dates & Prices Confirmed

So for those of us on the auto renewal, when can we apply for our ‘card’. Not sure whether I’ll be succumbing and paying for a card or not, but want to make sure I can at least have the option. It’s fine some saying don’t pay and get nfc, the point is that choice was there last season and didn’t come with a £25 surcharge for the privilege. It only costs 10-15 for a replacement if it’s lost at present, so how £25 is justifiable in any sense is beyond me.

The timing is clearly to bring in more funds ahead of the next accounting period. They would save more money not forking out on clappers for every home game instead, thereby improving ‘sustainability’ rather than screwing fans for more money. Take no issue with the 5% rise, prices have been very reasonable for years, but the charge to have a physical object in your hand is grossly unnecessary 

Edited by DerbyshireFox

1 hour ago, CheeseHead said:

By the same token your season ticket price actually went down this season as we went from 19 to 23 games

So in that token, it’s going up even more next season….

• Haha 1

I don’t know if this will work with our fan base, but we have to do something to show the club that the majority of fans are not happy. How about turning our backs to the pitch on the 25th minute tomorrow against Southampton? Spurs did a similar protest in their match against forest a few weeks back

Edited by Trev3939
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

27 minutes ago, DerbyshireFox said:

So for those of us on the auto renewal, when can we apply for our ‘card’. Not sure whether I’ll be succumbing and paying for a card or not, but want to make sure I can at least have the option. It’s fine some saying don’t pay and get nfc, the point is that choice was there last season and didn’t come with a £25 surcharge for the privilege. It only costs 10-15 for a replacement if it’s lost at present, so how £25 is justifiable in any sense is beyond me.

You can apply for the physical card from Friday 26th April. 

They have justified the £25 card price by simultaneously increasing the price of a replacement lost card to £25. 😂

• Haha 1

Guest leatherhead32
3 hours ago, Whiner said:

I get that, but if I don’t go to a match I’ll let a friend have it for free, the club effectively bars me from even doing that!

yes its illegal to be public spirited , thoughtful , kind , decent human being .  

36 minutes ago, Trev3939 said:

I don’t know if this will work with our fan base, but we have to do something to show the club that the majority of fans are not happy. How about turning our backs to the pitch on the 25th minute tomorrow against Southampton? Spurs did a similar protest in their match against forest a few weeks back

Happens at 85 mins every week 

• Haha 2

Guest leatherhead32
2 hours ago, davieG said:

It wasn't that long ago when you couldn't find anyone wanting to use your ticket.

blimey bang on,  in the early 90s despite brian little getting us avin a go to get in the all new premiership( eventually doing it) i often couldn't get any1 down pub to take it and never asked for a penny when i was on nights as it wasnt appealing , in oneills time tho i had the same lot banging on my door to beat the others to borrow it  .   

52 minutes ago, Sambiasso said:

Told you all last year it was coming, initially it was going to be digital only hence the £25 for the card. 

It will be reduced to £10/15 as a good will gesture and a "We've listened to the fans" type statement. 

U16s should be free too.

Same everytime with this club, 'look how bad things could be', then they act like they've met us in the middle, when originally their idea was the middle ground anyway, very clever and classic tactic when negotiating.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Trev3939 said:

This might make them think to charge £99 for a physical card next season.

46 minutes ago, Trev3939 said:

A complete boycott of kiosk food and drink  - stadum wide, would be brilliant to see - unfortunately our fan base couldn't manage that, the average brit can't go an hour without food or drink. 

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, Tommy G said:

A complete boycott of kiosk food and drink  - stadum wide, would be brilliant to see - unfortunately our fan base couldn't manage that, the average brit can't go an hour without food or drink. 

I've never bought a drink or any food at a football ground ever, unless you were desperate I can't see why anyone would?  The quality is usually awful and the prices extortionate.

Edited by purpleronnie

6 minutes ago, purpleronnie said:

I've never bought a drink or any food at a football ground ever, unless you were desperate I can't see why anyone would?  The quality is usually awful and the prices extortionate.

We are an obese nation of binge drinkers....I wonder why...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bayfox said:

So if nothing else they should definitely made the cut off 16 not 12 that's before I get annoyed by now having to pay 100 notes for 4 cards. I have no choice over 50% of mine whatever I choose for myself and the wife.

Can't they be added to one phone, same as when you buy multiple tickets for a single match, they can all go on one phone. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, purpleronnie said:

An awful lot of people judge food by sugar and salt content - not their fault exactly, but it's a sad indictment of consumption culture.

1 hour ago, DerbyshireFox said:

The timing is clearly to bring in more funds ahead of the next accounting period. They would save more money not forking out on clappers for every home game instead, thereby improving ‘sustainability’ rather than screwing fans for more money. Take no issue with the 5% rise, prices have been very reasonable for years, but the charge to have a physical object in your hand is grossly unnecessary 

I understand a charge, but at the end of the day, they don't want to use the system any more. So the cost isn't just the price of the plastic card, it's the entire system they would rather do away with, plus the staffing time / costs of running said system. 

The reality is, the £25 price point is there to push people to being digital, and you can't really justify that amount, when as you say a replacement was less currently. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, fox_favourite said:

Playing devil's advocate, could it be that they have found some fans abusing the system with the Card season ticket?

For the record,  I'm in no way suggesting that I agree with the fee, and I know of people who would struggle with the eticket and prefer the card. Access should be for all. 

However, I also know of people who abuse it. People who have a card so they can sell it for a profit, and that is one of the reasons they got the card. That sort of behaviour isn't really fair and I think the club wants to crack down on that, which is fair enough. Just wondering if there was a better way then this £25 charge for all. Not that I have an answer mind. 

To me it seems, as usual, the minority has ruined it for the masses.

I have to say, bar Norwich game, my eticket had been hassle free. Works every time. 

Even if it was for that reason - how is a £25 charge a deterrent for people making profit by reselling tickets?

It's very clear what it is and UFS have rightly called it out for what it is.

2 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Even if it was for that reason - how is a £25 charge a deterrent for people making profit by reselling tickets?

It's very clear what it is and UFS have rightly called it out for what it is.

They will be playing long game. As someone else said, they likely just want rid of the card system which incurs system and staff costs. It’s not just about the cost of the card. None of us know if it’s a cost effective system or a complete nightmare. 

But they can’t really do it now and need more take up on digital. The charge is a way of accelerating. They will probably have a goal of removing cards in 3 years or so.