Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

Southampton match thread

3 minutes ago, Tielemans63 said:

Yep. Always seems to play well against us.

There have always been certain bang average players over the years that always seem to play well against us, he's definitely one of them. 

Just now, martyn said:

Why do I keep seeing Faes and pace in the same sentence. He isn't Vestergaard slow but he is not a quick player.

He doesn't even give the illusion of pace, stumps for legs.

• Haha 1

Guessing Coady isn't fit enough to start 2 games so quick. I can understand Hamza out.. yes I'm delighted he cleared 3 off the line, but in the build up to the latter 2 clearances he was the one who gave the ball away so just corrected his own mistake in the first place.

Hoping for the first time in a while we face a team tonight that actually has a proper go at us and leaves plenty of space to attack in behind.

Expecting an open game.. something like 2-2... so that's a guaranteed 0-0 now

2 minutes ago, martyn said:

Why do I keep seeing Faes and pace in the same sentence. He isn't Vestergaard slow but he is not a quick player.

Hes still faster than all our other centre backs. 

The opening question in the Russell Martin interview on Sky was really uncompromising, hard hitting journalism.

"Russell, you are a born leader...."

lol

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, fazzyfox said:

I would have kept Hamza in and maybe put Ricardo in Wilf’s position.

Starting to think Coady played v WBA to counter their physicality / number of big guys specifically, horses for courses. However the spine of Coady, Winks and Vardy had a chain of leadership and vocality about it and clearly worked.

Yeah, I like Ricardo in the 8 role.

Not Hamza biggest fan but surely at this stage of the season we pick players on form and after his last performance and the plaudits he’s got from it was probably full of confidence and fight, can’t help but think it’s gonna be another blunt performance

1 minute ago, Vacamion said:

The opening question in the Russell Martin interview on Sky was really uncompromising, hard hitting journalism.

"Russell, you are a born leader...."

lol

They have one of the greatest men in football in their studio (not Colin) yet we are hearing some corporate speak bullshit about a man who probably has meeting Brendan Rodgers in his top five life achievements.

Just now, FoxOnWheels said:

Not Hamza biggest fan but surely at this stage of the season we pick players on form and after his last performance and the plaudits he’s got from it was probably full of confidence and fight, can’t help but think it’s gonna be another blunt performance

But Ricky…