Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
aklaxon

Who's going to replace The Birch?

16 hours ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

It’s difficult isn’t it. Most ex footballers have the charisma of a wooden plank. There are very few who fit the criteria of being a club legend and who are engaging with a mic.

I reckon Fuchs would have been good, but no chance of him doing it.

Maybe Muzzy, still lives local and has done media and isn’t camera shy. I doubt he’d want it though.

Maybe a high(ish) profile fan is a good shout. Perhaps that DJ willy puller bloke, whatever his name is… Geoff Peters? Manish?

I strongly doubt that the club will replace birch when he does decide he can't do it anymore. I still remember when they first bought the club they tried to sack him and only reversed after fan uproar

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

It’s difficult isn’t it. Most ex footballers have the charisma of a wooden plank. There are very few who fit the criteria of being a club legend and who are engaging with a mic.

I reckon Fuchs would have been good, but no chance of him doing it.

Maybe Muzzy, still lives local and has done media and isn’t camera shy. I doubt he’d want it though.

Maybe a high(ish) profile fan is a good shout. Perhaps that DJ willy puller bloke, whatever his name is… Geoff Peters? Manish?

Roy Cropper 

• Haha 2

52 minutes ago, lcfcbluearmy said:

I strongly doubt that the club will replace birch when he does decide he can't do it anymore. I still remember when they first bought the club they tried to sack him and only reversed after fan uproar

I remember that very well. Still leaves a bad taste in the mouth.

I also remember Birch recommending Pearson for the job the second time around. (Could one say he put the foundations in for us to win the Prem?) 

They won't replace him. 

There's also nobody that could do the job.

The Birch has a pretty unique personality: sharp, super charismatic and almost has the confidence on the mic of a comic. It's very rare in anyone, let alone an ex-pro who's headed too many balls. 

• Like 1

On 24/04/2024 at 16:27, aklaxon said:

It was so good having The Birch back before the game against Southampton. He can, and he does make a difference...

Made me think, the pre-match/halftime entertainment this season has been almost non-existent. Half time they read a few birthdays out, that's it.

I know The Birch can't be there every game, bless him, but who should we have to replace him??

Rachel Riley 

IMG_2695.jpeg

On 24/04/2024 at 17:06, Nalis said:

The criteria is someone who has been a memorable ex player and who can work the crowd in a positive manner with a bit of charisma.

There must be at least one memorable player who fits that criteria.

so last time there wasnt this criteria then , just a vacancy for a loud mouth