Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
aklaxon

Who's going to replace The Birch?

Why would any recent player do it? They’re set for life and they don’t have the same joie de vivre of Birchenall. 

A Liam Moore type standing is the best we’d get and he’s seemingly nice but a bit flat.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

It’s difficult isn’t it. Most ex footballers have the charisma of a wooden plank. There are very few who fit the criteria of being a club legend and who are engaging with a mic.

I reckon Fuchs would have been good, but no chance of him doing it.

Maybe Muzzy, still lives local and has done media and isn’t camera shy. I doubt he’d want it though.

Maybe a high(ish) profile fan is a good shout. Perhaps that DJ willy puller bloke, whatever his name is… Geoff Peters? Manish?

25 minutes ago, Stadt said:

Why would any recent player do it? They’re set for life and they don’t have the same joie de vivre of Birchenall. 

A Liam Moore type standing is the best we’d get and he’s seemingly nice but a bit flat.

Funnily enough I was thinking Lloyd Dyer, most fans over 25 remember him too and love him

1 hour ago, Nalis said:

The criteria is someone who has been a memorable ex player and who can work the crowd in a positive manner with a bit of charisma.

There must be at least one memorable player who fits that criteria.

Dennis Wise 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

It’s difficult isn’t it. Most ex footballers have the charisma of a wooden plank. There are very few who fit the criteria of being a club legend and who are engaging with a mic.

I reckon Fuchs would have been good, but no chance of him doing it.

Maybe Muzzy, still lives local and has done media and isn’t camera shy. I doubt he’d want it though.

Maybe a high(ish) profile fan is a good shout. Perhaps that DJ willy puller bloke, whatever his name is… Geoff Peters? Manish?

A Fuchs/Huth combo would be good. They could come on at half time and blast the ball at each others arses 🤣

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Nalis said:

All jokes aside Matty Piper is tailor made for this you'd think? 

As mentioned before the big names won't be interested 

Sure he'll be flattered to read you call him a non big name who is prepared to be a glorified bingo caller. 

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, leatherhead32 said:

no one . we dont need any one ,  we didnt need him imo. but if we have to have someone keep the speeches short and lets have a true legend this time , steve walsh 14 years as a player. 

What about that sam from the x factor

• Sad 1