Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

How Leicester City chairman is rewarding Enzo Maresca and his squad for Championship title win

1 minute ago, Pliskin said:

I can’t help but think Top isn’t taking our situation seriously…… just watching him parade around the pitch a again as if he was one of the lads, desperate to be at the front and centre of the party. The preparation for next season is set to be our most important for a very long time. We cant afford to have him sat on his hands thinking everything is fine and dandy. A lot of work, effort and commitment is going to be needed to get us set for next season, if weee going to start up against it we need to be well prepared.

I just have this feeling he’s going to be more interested in showering the team with gifts than he is focusing on next season. 

We are gonna completely underestimate the challenge a head next year.  There will be far too much faith shown to this year's squad.

Probably need 6 or 7 new starters next year. Probably end up with half of that.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
22 hours ago, demon_dog said:

Three days is far to long to stay in Skegness!😎

Tell me about it! I'm off to Skegness for a whole week soon, with the in laws!!

I think I'd rather share a hotel room with a drunk Dennis Wise...

Edited by TiffToff88
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, fleshdaddy said:

Owner and/or his mates are off to Nice.

IMG_0473.jpeg

His Isle of Man registered Boeing 737 M-LCFC flew into EMA earlier too. I wonder what attracted Top to the notorious tax haven that is the Isle of Man?

2 hours ago, CrazyKopCorner said:

We need to be bordering brutal in the cull. Vesty has been great but will be consistently found out in the Prem. Faes needs to go. Daka etc etc 

So you would just throw away the key parts of the best defence of the championship champions on a hunch? Brave!

• Haha 1

On 04/05/2024 at 21:07, Pliskin said:

I can’t help but think Top isn’t taking our situation seriously…… just watching him parade around the pitch a again as if he was one of the lads, desperate to be at the front and centre of the party. The preparation for next season is set to be our most important for a very long time. We cant afford to have him sat on his hands thinking everything is fine and dandy. A lot of work, effort and commitment is going to be needed to get us set for next season, if weee going to start up against it we need to be well prepared.

I just have this feeling he’s going to be more interested in showering the team with gifts than he is focusing on next season. 

They are being taken to France for 3 days, and if they went late yesterday or today one of those is a bank holiday.  Sometimes, the best preparation is a bit of rest as i imagine everything is a bit of a fog right now.

There are still 2 weeks of the PL season left and the transfer window doesn't open until the 14 June, and a lot of internationals will be focussed on the Euro's as well.   You can presume any work outsourced to lawyers will carry on as normal and scouts will be doing what they do. Sadly, I don't think this trip means Rudkin will be any better or worse at his job over the next few months. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, OnlyOneCity said:

Jeez, can’t some of you on here take a 3 day break from criticising anything the club does. Why should Top enjoying the Championship win, mean he doesn’t realise it’s going to be tough next season. Does that mean that the players and fans, who also had smiles on their faces, don’t realise the same thing. Do you think that you’re the only person who does? Have you spent the past week in abject misery? Did you not enjoy the Preston result and crack your face? Or did you just go round saying”we’re doomed, we’re doomed” Many of us are happy to enjoy the moment without having to be seen as morons because we are doing.

Unfortunately as much as I’ve enjoyed the last few days, I’m fearful that Top will get carried away in the euphoria and allow Rudkin to start “rewarding” players out of contract with ridiculous new deals which will further deepen our FFP problems. 

It’s a genuine fear, and the club are absolutely there to be criticised. We shouldn’t be in this position, and it’s their fault that we are, careless management of the club has seen us collapse from a healthy position to one of uncertainty. 

It’s all well and good criticising those fans who are still dubious about our situation, but I care about the long term future of this club. 

Our promotion was a necessity, not winning the league would have been a blunder considering the value of this squad in comparison to Ipswich. I’m glad we’ve won the league of course I am, and I’m happy that is as fans have something to celebrate, an 8th EFL title now makes us the most decorated club at this level, which is something to be proud of. 

But, there’s still and elephant in the room, and I just hope with every fibre that Top et al down get weak knees because of this season, and start giving the likes of Vesty new deals, when we’ve got a massive opportunity to trim the wage bill and get our ducks in order. 

Im desperate for this to be a new beginning, not a false dawn. 

• Like 2

On 04/05/2024 at 21:11, adam said:

We are gonna completely underestimate the challenge a head next year.  There will be far too much faith shown to this year's squad.

Probably need 6 or 7 new starters next year. Probably end up with half of that.

What do you base this on? 😂

21 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Unfortunately as much as I’ve enjoyed the last few days, I’m fearful that Top will get carried away in the euphoria and allow Rudkin to start “rewarding” players out of contract with ridiculous new deals which will further deepen our FFP problems. 

It’s a genuine fear, and the club are absolutely there to be criticised. We shouldn’t be in this position, and it’s their fault that we are, careless management of the club has seen us collapse from a healthy position to one of uncertainty. 

It’s all well and good criticising those fans who are still dubious about our situation, but I care about the long term future of this club. 

Our promotion was a necessity, not winning the league would have been a blunder considering the value of this squad in comparison to Ipswich. I’m glad we’ve won the league of course I am, and I’m happy that is as fans have something to celebrate, an 8th EFL title now makes us the most decorated club at this level, which is something to be proud of. 

But, there’s still and elephant in the room, and I just hope with every fibre that Top et al down get weak knees because of this season, and start giving the likes of Vesty new deals, when we’ve got a massive opportunity to trim the wage bill and get our ducks in order. 

Im desperate for this to be a new beginning, not a false dawn. 

Personally think we should offer Vesty a reduced deal. What we shouldn't be doing it offering him 70k a week. 

I don't disagree with anything you say, i just don't think a few days in Provence changes anything. 

2 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

Personally think we should offer Vesty a reduced deal. What we shouldn't be doing it offering him 70k a week. 

I don't disagree with anything you say, i just don't think a few days in Provence changes anything. 

There’s a signing on issue here. 
vesty would expect to pick up a s/o fee of around £4m - over a three year deal that works out to be approx 30k/week. if you think he’s worth 50k/week then we’d end up paying him 80k to include his s/o fee (in a similar way to how Bertrand was on that paycheck).