Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

How Leicester City chairman is rewarding Enzo Maresca and his squad for Championship title win

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/how-leicester-city-chairman-rewarding-9265631

The Leicester City squad are set to celebrate their Championship title win on a three-day holiday after an invite by the club's chairman Aiyawatt 'Top' Srivaddhanaprabha

Bookmark
Comments
SPORT
ByJordan Blackwell
17:35, 4 MAY 2024

Leicester City’s Championship-winning squad are being whisked off for a three-day holiday as a present from chairman Aiyawatt ‘Top’ Srivaddhanaprabha.

City lifted the Championship trophy for a record eighth time on Saturday afternoon following their 2-0 loss to Blackburn, and will parade the silverware around the city centre on Sunday. But from there, they’re jetting off to celebrate.

There have been post-season trips to Thailand previously but this time the squad are not going to the chairman’s home country, manager Enzo Maresca said. Instead, they’re going on a private trip to a so far unnamed destination. That will start three weeks off for Maresca before he begins to plan for next season.

“Now we have a holiday with the chairman, he invited us for three days,” Maresca said. “Then I will be with the family for two or three weeks of holiday. Now we have three days off and then we can switch off for a bit. Then we’ll start again. After everything is finished, we can think about the future.”

Maresca got the day he wanted in celebrating the Championship title, albeit City fell short of reaching 100 points and a record-equalling 32 wins by losing to Blackburn at the King Power Stadium on Saturday. But while there was joy everywhere you looked as the squad headed off on a lap of appreciation, Maresca said “relief” was his overwhelming emotion.

City had been favourites to win the division and looked like they would coast to top spot. But a two-month stumble saw Ipswich and Leeds gain ground before City came good at the end.

“It’s relief,” Maresca said. “You feel responsible of the club and these people. Less than one year ago, they had a very bad moment compared to what this club has achieved in the past 10 years. The relegation was very sad for everyone. They deserve it. Also the chairman, he deserves it because he’s a very good person.”

“Right then Top. Thanks for the mini-break. I’m off for three weeks sun and a beard colour. By the time I’m back you need to have disposed of Rudkin else I’ll be straight back on a plane out of East Midlands. Capiche?”

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Zear0 said:

Whatever you do, don't film it... 

18 minutes ago, Lcfc-1992 said:

Nothing ever goes wrong on these trips :whistle:

On 23/04/2024 at 22:56, urban.spaceman said:

Am I right to be worried that we're overdue a sex scandal?

If we play this right we're winning the ****ing Premier League again.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, davieG said:

There have been post-season trips to Thailand previously but this time the squad are going on a private trip to a so far unnamed destination. 

I like the look of it.  Team building.  Exercise.  Low risk

bootcamp.thumb.JPG.b00740d6c8a299839fe1254e5a7522f2.JPG

We've finally learned from past mistakes.

I can’t help but think Top isn’t taking our situation seriously…… just watching him parade around the pitch a again as if he was one of the lads, desperate to be at the front and centre of the party. The preparation for next season is set to be our most important for a very long time. We cant afford to have him sat on his hands thinking everything is fine and dandy. A lot of work, effort and commitment is going to be needed to get us set for next season, if weee going to start up against it we need to be well prepared.

I just have this feeling he’s going to be more interested in showering the team with gifts than he is focusing on next season. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1