Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

How Leicester City chairman is rewarding Enzo Maresca and his squad for Championship title win

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

There’s a signing on issue here. 
vesty would expect to pick up a s/o fee of around £4m - over a three year deal that works out to be approx 30k/week. if you think he’s worth 50k/week then we’d end up paying him 80k to include his s/o fee (in a similar way to how Bertrand was on that paycheck).  

Is that the case for any contract extension though and would be the same for Ndidi? Or are you saying that because they are at the end of their deals (end of June) we would have to treat them as if they are free transfers even though they are currently our players?

Edited by Chelmofox

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

Is that the case for any contract extension though and would be the same for Ndidi? Or are you saying that because they are at the end of their deals (end of June) we would have to treat them as if they are free transfers even though they are currently our players?

Depends whether you’re talking a one year extension or a new multi year deal. if it’s just a season then you wouldn’t have to pay very much. In their positions I’d sign a one year extension on the same terms as my previous PL deal and then walk for free next summer. Otherwise I’m better off going elsewhere and getting a three or four year deal (perhaps 5 for wilf) with the associated s/o fee because I’m a free agent.   

if we choose to offer them new long term deals here then they are effectively frees being signed because in seven weeks they actually are!   So they’d expect  a relevant s/o fee. 

Edited by st albans fox

9 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

Personally think we should offer Vesty a reduced deal. What we shouldn't be doing it offering him 70k a week. 

I don't disagree with anything you say, i just don't think a few days in Provence changes anything. 

If he would accept a reduced deal maybe, I just don’t think he’s good enough for the premier league. There’s both cheaper and arguably better options out there.

I am genuinely enjoying the league win, particularly because I was so afraid we were going to toss it away, but I’m now anxious for the summer 🙈 I’m sure we won’t make the same mistakes again……….. because to be fair I think last pre seasons business was more like it. But I’m of the opinion that most of those out of contract should be given a fond farewell, and we look to rebuild without them, with the exception of Vardy, he stays because 15 goals to over take Owen is definitely achievable. 

1 minute ago, st albans fox said:

Depends whether you’re talking a one year extension or a new multi year deal. if it’s just a season then you wouldn’t have to pay very much. In their positions I’d sign a one year extension on the same terms as my previous PL deal and then walk for free next summer. Otherwise I’m better off going elsewhere and getting a three or four year deal (perhaps 5 for wilf) with the associated s/o fee because I’m a free agent. 

Gotcha. That all depends on if they find something that interests them. Nachos agent is pushing Villa stories and Ndidis agent even mentioned Barca, so I presume they all think they can get something big. Not heard anything regarding Vesty though. 

On 04/05/2024 at 21:11, adam said:

We are gonna completely underestimate the challenge a head next year.  There will be far too much faith shown to this year's squad.

Probably need 6 or 7 new starters next year. Probably end up with half of that.

I agree but honestly if we get a huge points deduction, the club should write next season off & communicate that to the fans so they're not baying for Maresca's blood by November .. We'll be favourites to go down with a -10 start anyway if thats the punishment , so every game should looked at as a free hit & used to develop the style of play under Enzo & for him to build a squad for the future. Think most fans understand that with FFP issues the goal this season has been achieved in terms of getting promotion & the money that comes with it to steady the ship, so lets use the season wisely to move forward. Nobody wants to get relegated but there could be positives if the club is pragmatic in its approach to the 24/25 season.

37 minutes ago, CozzyFox said:

I agree but honestly if we get a huge points deduction, the club should write next season off & communicate that to the fans so they're not baying for Maresca's blood by November .. We'll be favourites to go down with a -10 start anyway if thats the punishment , so every game should looked at as a free hit & used to develop the style of play under Enzo & for him to build a squad for the future. Think most fans understand that with FFP issues the goal this season has been achieved in terms of getting promotion & the money that comes with it to steady the ship, so lets use the season wisely to move forward. Nobody wants to get relegated but there could be positives if the club is pragmatic in its approach to the 24/25 season.

We won’t get a “huge” deduction, not when Forest are about to get all of their points back. If they do this then they’ve completely done their legs, and can’t justify taking points off anyone. 

9 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

We won’t get a “huge” deduction, not when Forest are about to get all of their points back. If they do this then they’ve completely done their legs, and can’t justify taking points off anyone. 

Lets hope thats the case for us & florest still go down :D

The maximum they can give is 9 points. Forest will still be there but that's good as they are shite, Any other year them and Brentford would be deep in trouble. The Prem has has some atrocious teams in it, our squad is already stronger than some, we shouldn't have gone down. We looked more than comfortable against upper mid table Bournemouth.

I think the lack of low blocks will actually do us favours, we need to strengthen some areas, need a bit more creativity and possibly strengthen the backline, we definitely need more up front. That Blackburn guy would suit us well but obviously is a risk. 

• Like 2

On 04/05/2024 at 19:35, justfoxes said:

I thought it was in Leeds to rub it in that they bottled it 😉🤣

So the Leeds one will be to Leicester then.

A bit of bully.

This is what you could of won 🏆 

😆 🤣 😂 😹 😆 

1 hour ago, Rossiter said:

If I was a footballer and was interested in playing for LCFC I'd probably wait until the FFP sanction is announced before deciding to commit either way.

It's still a year's exposure in the Premier League. Obviously they'd want us to survive, but being in that spotlight for a year if they play well is enough to make a lot of players want to join.

3 minutes ago, Gamble92 said:

It's still a year's exposure in the Premier League. Obviously they'd want us to survive, but being in that spotlight for a year if they play well is enough to make a lot of players want to join.

Fair enough but say that had a choice between a club with no impending sanctions and us. Surely it would impact on their decision making process. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lesta2014 said:

Who’s fox tattoo is it as albrighton has put same photo up lol

Might actually be Albrighton's leg as it looks like the Aston Villa lion under it

On 05/05/2024 at 22:02, OnlyOneCity said:

Jeez, can’t some of you on here take a 3 day break from criticising anything the club does. Why should Top enjoying the Championship win, mean he doesn’t realise it’s going to be tough next season. Does that mean that the players and fans, who also had smiles on their faces, don’t realise the same thing. Do you think that you’re the only person who does? Have you spent the past week in abject misery? Did you not enjoy the Preston result and crack your face? Or did you just go round saying”we’re doomed, we’re doomed” Many of us are happy to enjoy the moment without having to be seen as morons because we are doing.

You seem fun. 

• Haha 1