Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Frost

Be careful what you wish for...

25 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Nothing game and limped to victory against one of the worst teams in the league. Im shocked it wasn't buzzing :D

Understandable that it wasn't buzzing but the OP is describing a morgue.

34 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Nothing game and limped to victory against one of the worst teams in the league. Im shocked it wasn't buzzing :D

Spurs starting the game with still a very outside chance of Champions League and Burnley needing to win for survival?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Frost said:

Today, I went to my first ever game as a neutral, which was Spurs vs Burnley...

Let me tell you, you don't know what you've got until it's gone. It's like a giant shopping centre; nobody is arsed, the stadium is full of tourists

So you went to the game as a neutral and complain nobody else was arsed. 

Were you even arsed about the game... lol

Maybe you weren't the only neutral there... 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Frost said:

Appreciate this might be a weird post (I've never started a topic before) but I'm 31 years-old and followed Leicester for the last 20 years. I vividly remember Hereford and Cheltenham away; this is my family's club and I'll never give it up.

If I'm completeky honest, I've always been critical of our support, particularly at home, but also a bit away as we're pretty soft. Today, I went to my first ever game as a neutral, which was Spurs vs Burnley...

Let me tell you, you don't know what you've got until it's gone. It's like a giant shopping centre; nobody is arsed, the stadium is full of tourists and there was only a single chant which got around the stadium during the entire 90 minutes; it was absolutely ****ing abysmal. The only thing they sang was 'City 'til July', which, again, was a disgrace.

I'm so glad I experienced this, just to realise what we have, and I never thought I'd ever say that...

Up the Leicester, and up UFS who deserve a massive amount of respect, keep it going, and let's keep improving the atmosphere at Filbert Way!

Our home atmosphere is nowhere near as bad as some like to make out. You can go onto any forum and read how bad other fans think their atmosphere is. The 5-Live commentators made reference several times how awful the London Stadium was today, even questioning if there was something more interesting happening in the concourse as every one seemed to be down there.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

Our home atmosphere is nowhere near as bad as some like to make out. You can go onto any forum and read how bad other fans think their atmosphere is. The 5-Live commentators made reference several times how awful the London Stadium was today, even questioning if there was something more interesting happening in the concourse as every one seemed to be down there.

Football has changed in the last 20 years, its different now (not saying its for the best) but it has changed, we never going to have the atmospheres like we had, regardless of the ground you are in and should never be comparing it to back then either. Some games will be better than others but sadly it will never be like it used to be. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, StanSP said:

So you went to the game as a neutral and complain nobody else was arsed. 

Were you even arsed about the game... lol

Maybe you weren't the only neutral there... 

There's 60,000 people in the ground. The atmosphere was poor in comparison to Leicester (which people assume is sh*te), what's wrong with that? Are all 60,00 neutrals? What's your point exactly?

Edited by Frost

13 minutes ago, Frost said:

There's 60,000 people in the ground. The atmosphere was poor in comparison to Leicester (which people assume is sh*te), what's wrong with that? Are all 60,00 neutrals? What's your point exactly?

well certain areas of the ground will be louder than others, im sure if both teams have stuff riding on the game then it could have been louder, but Burnley were always going down even if they won today and Spurs werent getting 4th

so understandable it was a bit flat

1 hour ago, Spudulike said:

I think this too. Likewise with some of our away followings getting panned. Then I go on YouTube and see plenty of vlogs from opposing fans praising it. We aren't by any means perfect but it's not one of the worst for a "new" stadium. 

We’re critical of ourselves (good) but when it comes down to it we’re a proper club. Good history (although not that illustrious until recently) solid fanbase, strong standing in the game.

In the PL era, what the **** have any of our local rivals achieved? We’ve won the domestic set and they’ve all won various sold-out-Wembley-in-the-play-offs-trophies.

Tricky one :huh:

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Gamble92 said:

I think this too. Likewise with some of our away followings getting panned. Then I go on YouTube and see plenty of vlogs from opposing fans praising it. We aren't by any means perfect but it's not one of the worst for a "new" stadium. 

Think that’s cause we compare our away ends upwards against the top clubs level when most mid/lower championship ends are way worse than what we produce 

The reason you were there gives you the answer. It’s a nothing game where the regulars probably couldn’t be arsed so gave their tickets to tourists like you. Spurs are locked into fifth and Burnley are relegated, but Frosty expected a venomous atmosphere? 

16 hours ago, Frost said:

Appreciate this might be a weird post (I've never started a topic before) but I'm 31 years-old and followed Leicester for the last 20 years. I vividly remember Hereford and Cheltenham away; this is my family's club and I'll never give it up.

If I'm completeky honest, I've always been critical of our support, particularly at home, but also a bit away as we're pretty soft. Today, I went to my first ever game as a neutral, which was Spurs vs Burnley...

Let me tell you, you don't know what you've got until it's gone. It's like a giant shopping centre; nobody is arsed, the stadium is full of tourists and there was only a single chant which got around the stadium during the entire 90 minutes; it was absolutely ****ing abysmal. The only thing they sang was 'City 'til July', which, again, was a disgrace.

I'm so glad I experienced this, just to realise what we have, and I never thought I'd ever say that...

Up the Leicester, and up UFS who deserve a massive amount of respect, keep it going, and let's keep improving the atmosphere at Filbert Way!

I went to watch Man City against Wolves last weekend and the atmosphere is very similar to the KP. A few grumblings, very quiet etc. I e what you're saying but the type of football dictates how the crowd respond. Man City are a much better version of us and the crowd are still passive. Anfield on the other hand is buzzing with energy, which is created by the players and style of football they play. It's very difficult to get a raucous atmosphere from slow, sedatory football.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, pazzerfox said:

I went to watch Man City against Wolves last weekend and the atmosphere is very similar to the KP. A few grumblings, very quiet etc. I e what you're saying but the type of football dictates how the crowd respond. Man City are a much better version of us and the crowd are still passive. Anfield on the other hand is buzzing with energy, which is created by the players and style of football they play. It's very difficult to get a raucous atmosphere from slow, sedatory football.

Anfield is a myth 

• Like 3

Consistently good home atmosphere in the premier league simply doesn't exist unless there is a huge exception like 2015/16 for us. Anyone who says otherwise is either deluded or has a very sanitised idea of what a good atmosphere is.

The home atmosphere's people bang on about for their own teams are when a team scores, just after they score or when it's a massively important match.

Even the ones that have tried to improve it is only for so long. For example, St James Park looks and sounds great in the build up and you think fvck me this is amazing but it goes quiet about a minute after kick off. 

13 hours ago, FrankieADZ said:

well certain areas of the ground will be louder than others, im sure if both teams have stuff riding on the game then it could have been louder, but Burnley were always going down even if they won today and Spurs werent getting 4th

so understandable it was a bit flat

?? if Burnley had won they'd be two points behind forest with a final day clash at home to forest. win and they'd have had good odds of staying up

2 hours ago, pazzerfox said:

I've sat in the Kop at Anfield and the atmosphere was genuinely one of the worst I've ever experienced. European nights are different but I do think people get way too fixated on the ideals of these places rather than the reality. All clubs have worse atmospheres that they used to, including away ends, for many different reasons. And as I get older, I realise that the idea of a great atmosphere probably peaks when you're mid teens to early 20's