Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

You can still miss it even if you believe things are dire 

 

I’m desperate to see this “project” starting to take off, especially after the group have had more time to work together on the training field during this spell.

 

So yes I can’t bloody wait personally 

Edited by CruzNoir
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Posted

Enjoyed watching the England game last night, massively helped by the performance obviously. Can’t stand international breaks as a rule though and definitely miss City playing particularly with the two weekends on the trot. 
 

As much as our demise over the last few years has been tough to watch, it’s all drama and very much part of following our uniquely exciting club. 

Posted
1 hour ago, Richmondfox said:

Not really. I’m replaying Elden Ring which is less stressful and complicated than watching the team play Martin ball. 

Kingdom Come Deliverance 2 for me. Very much prefer it to the football.

  • Like 1
Posted
5 hours ago, ParkerPen said:

missed it, yes, regardless my instinct at these times is always without fail "****ing international break"

It's like a mini version of the break between May and the end of August where not very much happens football-wise and I get bored as there are few summertime sports I like to watch. 

 

Equally,  I can't find any football or other sports worth watching during an International break apart from England and even that's not generally all that great.  F1 was my usual go-to but I find that dull these days.

  • Like 1
Posted
32 minutes ago, Drew Peacock said:

Doesn’t seem right that by the time we play, it will have been 5 weeks since a home league game, this early in the season. 

And all for a meaningless competition just to pump more into FIFA coffers.

  • Like 1
Posted

The way things are going, I don't even think it will be long until checking the scores occasionally is all I do…… I’m pretty much done with the sport…… it’s largely shit and massively corrupt…… nearly 30 years a ST holder, to pretty much not even knowing when we’re playing. 

  • Like 1
Posted (edited)

Once, a long time ago, I went to a laser quest thing in Derby with about 20 school pals. I think I was was maybe 16 so this would have been mid to late 90s. For context, I was never very cool and this was something that in my head I’d built up to be a big deal. I was always a nerd and that. But this was something fun to look forward to. I was going there with some actual nice people and some of the slightly cooler kids. I felt excited.
 

I put me best jumper on, and went out. I had pretty bad acne and was given some kind of dabber pen thing to dab on my face. It looked like one of those big bingo pen things. I put it on every day and didn’t really give it a second thought.

 

Anyway, I was at the venue for half an hour or so. Getting quite into it. Shot a few people and was having fun. I noticed people looking and staring a bit but didn’t pay it too much attention. Then a lad called Chris came over and asked what was wrong with my face. I said I didn’t know what he was on about and he suggested I look on the mirror. So I left the arena and went to the toilet. The whole building including the toilets was proper OTT neon luminous madness. 
 

I looked in the mirror.

 

Whatever the fvck was in that acne cream was reacting to the UV light. My whole face was glowing. Fvcking lit up . Big spotty, nerdy luminous four eyed twat. 
 

Don’t think I ever got over that day. 

Edited by RumbleFox
Posted
1 minute ago, RumbleFox said:

Once, a long time ago, I went to a laser quest thing in Derby with about 20 school pals. I think I was was maybe 16 so this would have been mid to late 90s. For context, I was never very cool and this was something that in my head I’d built up to be a big deal. I was always a nerd and that. But this something fun to look forward to. I was going there with some actual nice people and some of the slightly cooler kids. I felt excited.
 

I put me best jumper on, and went out. I had pretty bad acne and was given some kind of dabber pen thing to dab on my face. It looked like one of those big bingo pen things. I put it on every day and didn’t really give it a second thought.

 

Was at the venue for half an hour or so. Getting quite into it. Shot a few people and was having fun. I noticed people looking and starting a bit but didn’t pay it too much attention. Then a lad called Chris came over and asked what was wrong with my face. I said I didn’t know what he was on about and he suggested I look on the mirror. So I left the arena and went to the toilet. The whole building including the toilets was proper OTT neon luminous madness. 
 

I looked in the mirror.

 

Whatever the fvck was in that acne cream was reacting to the UV light. My whole face was glowing. Fvcking lit up . Big spotty, nerdy luminous four eyed twat. 
 

Don’t think I ever got over that day. 

Is that why you decided to move to Scotland, and presumably assume a new identity? 

  • Like 1
Posted

As much as I try to be negative, I cant deny i have missed it.

 

I guess you live in hope that things will change for the better.

 

I do still think we'll get promoted, but it will be pointless as we wont stand a chance in the championship with this squad / RM.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...