Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finnegan

Let's have a films thread.

28 minutes ago, Daggers said:

Knew nothing about Bullet Train going into it. Loved, loved, loved it. 

IMG_6434.jpeg

Yeah I quite liked that. 

I saw The Fall Guy last night. All a bit convoluted but entertaining enough to ignore. I like the two leads so that helped. 

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

Really enjoyed The Fall Guy. Felt like a love letter to proper filmmaking and filmmakers as a whole. Great cast (****ing love Hannah Waddingham) too. Might even see it again.

I liked all the stuntman stuff but the story was really silly and convoluted. 

Edited by The Bear

51 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Never managed to get around to watching Godzilla Minus One at the cinema but finally managed to watch it last night

It is brilliant, deserved all the awards it got

On the list for tonight

• Like 1

On 12/05/2024 at 11:28, moore_94 said:

Never managed to get around to watching Godzilla Minus One at the cinema but finally managed to watch it last night

Heard nothing but good stuff about it, something for me to look forwards to.

• Like 1

On 12/05/2024 at 11:28, moore_94 said:

How does this fit with all the other zilla movies, and is Godzookie in it?

The Haunting of the Queen Mary. Slightly oddball horror that I really enjoyed, particularly as I’ve had dinner on the ship and my dad sailed on it in the 60s. 

2 hours ago, Blarmy said:

The Haunting of the Queen Mary. Slightly oddball horror that I really enjoyed, particularly as I’ve had dinner on the ship and my dad sailed on it in the 60s. 

I watched this a while ago and just didn’t understand at all what was going on it confused me so much that when it ended I just thought hang on, what happened? Dunno if it was because the film was completely disjointed (I think it was) or I just didn’t follow it well enough. In your opinion what actually happened? I’d love to know and if it makes sense I would go back and watch it again as it had its hooks in me initially but just totally lost me on the second or third timeline change.

Watched Late Night With The Devil at a small screening. Thought it was great fun, suprisingly funny satire at times, and the 70s talk show format was crafted perfectly. 

Clearly massively inspired by the BBC's Ghostwatch if anyone can remember that. 

Pretty refreshing take on the found-footage horror genre which is tired. 

On 19/05/2024 at 11:53, ithuriel said:

Just seen a new  trailer for Horizon, a new western trilogy with Costner, looks interesting.

Just watched it myself a couple of hours ago when I read he got a standing ovation at Cannes. He also mortgaged his house to get it made so you can’t fault his dedication. Looks like an Epic if you like that sort of thing. 

Went to an interesting film today at the Pheonix Leicester:Walking in the shadows .About Leicester club scene and famous Leicester musicians in the 1960,s .Very interesting didn't know that Leicester was the second richest City in Europe at that time.Not sure what's happened since.

Its on all week see the Pheonix web site.

On 20/05/2024 at 11:45, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

I watched this a while ago and just didn’t understand at all what was going on it confused me so much that when it ended I just thought hang on, what happened? Dunno if it was because the film was completely disjointed (I think it was) or I just didn’t follow it well enough. In your opinion what actually happened? I’d love to know and if it makes sense I would go back and watch it again as it had its hooks in me initially but just totally lost me on the second or third timeline change.

Yeah, there was some stuff in there we couldn’t work out. Basic premise is - 1938, con artist family living it up in first class until the dad gets possessed by some kind of evil spirit and goes on a murder spree. The spirits of the murdered people can’t get off the ship unless they possess someone else. Modern day family get caught up in it when their son gets lost on a tour of the ship. Twist one - modern day mother got possessed and killed her son and the 1938 murder dad ends up possessing the modern day tour guide, hinting at more terrible things to come.