Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finnegan

Let's have a films thread.

Dune is one of those literature based stories which loses itself when it tries to get to screen.

I enjoyed Part 2 - particularly the second half but I get the criticism.

Part 1 feels really well paced for a film at three hours. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, The Bear said:

I'm in the middle of watching Dune 2 and frankly I'm bored to tears. Hence being on my phone right now. It's all extremely dull stuff. 

This lot can empathise, they watch Leicester week in week out. 

48 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

Dune is one of those literature based stories which loses itself when it tries to get to screen.

I liked it, not read the books.  Like @Daggers said watching city, anything other than a blank screen is entertaining.

10 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

28 Years Later gone to production.... wow massive jump from 28 weeks later. I know its been like 17 years since the last movie... but wow the virus has last 28 years. What happened 28 months later lol?

Interesting to see where they go. Zombies been done to absolute death but the first 2 stand out as some of the best expamples about. 

3 hours ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

Interesting to see where they go. Zombies been done to absolute death but the first 2 stand out as some of the best expamples about. 

One thing i liked 28 days... they wanted to keep it grounded. Feel like you were there. I think naming an unknown cast really helped the movie in its believability. I do feel however when the movie gets into the third act and their in the manor house with the soliders. I do feel the movie takes a wrong turn and becomes something else.

The sequel i dunno, feels like typical zombie flick. No i cant say i like it, its dull in places. 

Third one... have they left it too late.

1 hour ago, Wortho said:

Was is that bad? I was thinking of seeing it tomorrow 🤔

too much focused on the bad things, drugs/booze...etc and not enough on the music itself (for my taste)

the actress who plays Amy is good though

8 hours ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

Some awesome scenes in those movies.

I've only seen the second one once on release, and can still recall the intensity of the opening scene.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Leicesterpool said:

One thing i liked 28 days... they wanted to keep it grounded. Feel like you were there. I think naming an unknown cast really helped the movie in its believability. I do feel however when the movie gets into the third act and their in the manor house with the soliders. I do feel the movie takes a wrong turn and becomes something else.

The sequel i dunno, feels like typical zombie flick. No i cant say i like it, its dull in places. 

Third one... have they left it too late.

I enjoyed the second one a lot, long time since I watched it, mind. Have they left it too late? I don’t think it’s ever too late in the right hands. A blade runner sequel 30 years after the original was bound to be a rubbish cash grab, but turns out I thought it was, and widely accepted to be, pretty excellent. Right script and involvement by the right people it could be brilliant.

In The Land Of Saints And Sinners on Netflix, recent Liam Neeson action movie, one of the better ones; set in the 1960s Ireland, great cast including Kerry Condon, Jack Gleeson, Ciaran Hinds and Colm Meaney, really enjoyed it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Phantom Menace is returning to theatres for its 25th anniversary.... why? isnt this considered the worst. Darth Maul seems the only good thing about it. I swear they re-released a couple of years back. Somehow i dont think many will be in a hurry to watch a 3 hour bore fest.

Edited by Leicesterpool

1 hour ago, Leicesterpool said:

Phantom Menace is returning to theatres for its 25th anniversary.... why? isnt this considered the worst. Darth Maul seems the only good thing about it. I swear they re-released a couple of years back. Somehow i dont think many will be in a hurry to watch a 3 hour bore fest.

Compared to Episodes 7-9 it's Oscar worthy. 

File under "unpopular opinions", but I've never found it as offensive as most.

• Like 1

On 23/04/2024 at 18:56, CosbehFox said:

See I felt it the other way around. Found Pt1 lacking (especially the dialogue which was diabolical) and pt2 was better paced. 

But yes, I understand the criticism too.

4 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

You must have watched that pretty much the same time as I did then.

Very sharp piece of very dark comedy, lots of fun.

Loved the two cameos too. Pitt’s character was just so much fun.