Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finnegan

Let's have a films thread.

2 hours ago, RumbleFox said:

I’m late to the party as always and only just got round to watching it but anyone else think Oppenheimer was average? Can’t believe the hype it got. 

The Hollywood narrative for you. Music was too loud. Downey Jr performance was better than Murphys. Good but not Oscar worthy. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, FOXYTALK said:

The Hollywood narrative for you. Music was too loud. Downey Jr performance was better than Murphys. Good but not Oscar worthy. 

Yeah Downey Jr was very good. I’m a big fan of slow films so it’s not just that I don’t “get it” (well, I hope not, maybe I’m just dumb). I love boring, procedural stuff in general and I’ve had a life long obsession/fear of nuclear war but the film just did absolutely nothing for me.

23 minutes ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

Been hearing a lot of people I thought I knew lately talking about how average dune 2 was. Couldn’t disagree more.

I thought it was very good but, for me, it wasn’t a patch on the first one. 

11 hours ago, RumbleFox said:

I’m late to the party as always and only just got round to watching it but anyone else think Oppenheimer was average? Can’t believe the hype it got. 

Barbie was all kinds of better. 

Oppenheimer screamed out for a better editing. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Daggers said:

Barbie was all kinds of better. 

Oppenheimer screamed out for a better editing. 

Yes I would rather watcher Barbie again over Oppenheimer any day of the week. Didn’t think either lived up to their hype but Barbie was a fun/enjoyable film and I much preferred it. 

On 16/04/2024 at 17:37, RumbleFox said:

Average ….. I was beyond bored watching it. 

Just spent £16 on Dune 2 …… this is even worse! 

• Haha 1

I’m sat here watching Dune 2, then I remember that I also dislike Star Wars. Which is most likely something that belongs in the Unpopular Opinions topic. 

15 minutes ago, Sly said:

I’m sat here watching Dune 2, then I remember that I also dislike Star Wars. Which is most likely something that belongs in the Unpopular Opinions topic. 

It belongs in the get in the bin topic.

Been watching an old movie, Stephen Kings The Dark Half, not seen it in over 30 years but still looks good, never realised it was directed by Romero.

Edited by ithuriel
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Sly said:

Tbf, while I liked Dune 2, it was a mile off the first one. Was fairly disappointed with it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RumbleFox said:

Tbf, while I liked Dune 2, it was a mile off the first one. Was fairly disappointed with it. 

I really liked the first one in fairness as well. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

Dune 2 at the imax was arguably the best cinematic experience I’ve ever had. It was joyous.

3 hours ago, The Bear said:

I'm in the middle of watching Dune 2 and frankly I'm bored to tears. Hence being on my phone right now. It's all extremely dull stuff. 

and there you have society in two posts lol 

• Like 1