Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finnegan

Let's have a films thread.

Evil Dead Rise was so disappointing. No humour, plodding - in fact, apart from the title and the presence of the Book of the Dead, this bore zero resemblance to any other film in the series. The only positive was that it was free to watch. 

On 15/09/2023 at 09:44, CosbehFox said:

Anyone watched Past Lives yet? Some very good reviews. 

Yes. A moving film with acting of great subtlety and a visually impressive film.

Themes of how we change with time, life and location - yet retain early emotional bonds.

One of the best films I've seen in a long while.

19 minutes ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

Watched In Time last night at the missus request, never did see it when it was out. Run of the mill. Good concept if not entirely original. Villains ears very off putting. Amanda seyfried was good in it, as was Cillian Murphy. Justin Timberlake clearly not an actor. 5/10

I remember liking that. Nowt special but decent enough sci-fi fare. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Daggers said:

One Night In Soho was a delightful surprise. I thought it was going to be stock daughter chosen teen shit, but it’s a wonderfully scripted classic ghost story. Well acted, beautifully shot, great soundtrack. 

Watched this a while ago, decent film.

9 hours ago, Daggers said:

One Night In Soho was a delightful surprise. I thought it was going to be stock daughter chosen teen shit, but it’s a wonderfully scripted classic ghost story. Well acted, beautifully shot, great soundtrack. 

It's an Edgar Wright film! I'll presume you know who he is, but if not (Shaun of the Dead, Hot Fuzz, Baby Driver). Would never be anything but!

If you are after a really decent thriller film try Under Suspicion on Amazon, Gene Hackman and Morgan Freeman going head to head, stellar acting performances and will keep you guessing to the end. Seems a bit of an overlooked thriller as well if you haven't seen it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 24/09/2023 at 23:14, Daggers said:

Great call, loved it.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, grth2004 said:

Just been made to watch Barbie . Odd film , funny in parts but not as funny as it thinks it is. Gave it a go and good messages for women but makes men look pretty awful. Fair play for making something original though. 

Yeah I thought it was weird too. Trying really hard to be a positive message for women at times yet so superficial at the same time. And the humour and characters of all the Kens was just plain odd. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, The Bear said:

Yeah I thought it was weird too. Trying really hard to be a positive message for women at times yet so superficial at the same time. And the humour and characters of all the Kens was just plain odd. 

Yeah Barbie enters the real world and all men slap her arse and basically abuse her , I get the message but think it was a little over the top. Parts were good though  but left a bad feeling for me. 

On 29/09/2023 at 08:00, ozleicester said:

I know my musical knowledge is limited, but i had almost zero knowledge of this genius.

Peter Green; Man of the world

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=308044443680865

Thanks for sharing this, I was lucky enough to see Peter green in de montford (iirc) in around 2002. 

Amazing guitarist and I love the early Fleetwood Mac stuff and certainly lived a very interesting life. Will give this a watch 👍

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, RobHawk said:

Thanks for sharing this, I was lucky enough to see Peter green in de montford (iirc) in around 2002. 

Amazing guitarist and I love the early Fleetwood Mac stuff and certainly lived a very interesting life. Will give this a watch 👍

Happy to help... i think they even mention Leicester at one point lol 

I knew nothing about him...but watching this and researching has been an eye opener

1 hour ago, Mythyaar said:

Going down the wormhole of Ingmar Bergman films.

Persona - brilliant

Fanny and Alexander - possibly even better!

Anyone seen any of his other films / got specific recommendations?

There’s so many. I like his later work like Fanny and Alexander much more than the earlier stuff. Cries and Whispers is great. Scenes from a Marriage and Wild Strawberries are pretty good too. 

• Like 1