Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finnegan

Let's have a films thread.

Absolutely hilarious incompetence with the new Exorcist film. Let's make a boring soft reboot for one of the best films ever made and let the man who made the recent Halloween films (which most people found decent at best and laughably terrible at worst) direct it. No, let's give him a TRILOGY because we need to recoup our ridiculous $400 million outlay on the rights. What could possibly go wrong?

No one will save you  - Disney + (Adult part)

A different take on horror film, I really enjoyed perhaps the first 1/3 or half of the film. I much prefer horror films when the scary part is unseen, it lets the mind fill in the blanks and for me that's far scarier than some duff CGI / practical effects. 

Take Signs for instance, I love that film mainly because you don't see a damn thing for 95% of the film. It's all about building tension.

The less said the better about the final third of the film.

3 hours ago, TJQuik said:

Absolutely hilarious incompetence with the new Exorcist film. Let's make a boring soft reboot for one of the best films ever made and let the man who made the recent Halloween films (which most people found decent at best and laughably terrible at worst) direct it. No, let's give him a TRILOGY because we need to recoup our ridiculous $400 million outlay on the rights. What could possibly go wrong?

My go-to for horror reviews

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, Daggers said:

My go-to for horror reviews

I went straight to Kermode for this review.

Bloke's like the world's foremost expert on the original, has written umpteen books and essays about it, and considers it an absolute masterpiece. 

There was a slim chance he was going to like this TBH.

Still, looks awful. Barbie and Oppenheimer showed that there's a massive appetite for original ideas... Why is the film industry still churning out dogshit reboots and copy/paste comic book trash? 

Edited by RoboFox
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, TeamRocket said:

Can't wait love this movie 

Anarchy and Election Year are the two best, for a horror franchise, it's pretty good, instead of Zombies you have to survive lunatics who can do whatever they want for twelve hours.

• Like 1

Just watched Train To Busan, a Korean zombie movie I recorded on Sky sci-fi a little while back.

Great film, knocks most of the Hollywood zombie films into a cocked hat. Some neat twists, plenty of action and genuinely scary zombies.

If you like zombie films and don't mind subtitles I highly recommend.

One last thought though... why is it that characters in zombie films have never seen a zombie film before and have no idea what they're up against lol

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

Just watched Train To Busan, a Korean zombie movie I recorded on Sky sci-fi a little while back.

Great film, knocks most of the Hollywood zombie films into a cocked hat. Some neat twists, plenty of action and genuinely scary zombies.

One last thought though... why is it that characters in zombie films have never seen a zombie film before and have no idea what they're up against lol

Been discussed on here before, it's superb, I watched a couple of nights ago for about the hundreth time. What speaks volumes is it being a good film in general not just good for a zombie film, you could enjoy it even if zombies aren't your thing. 

The sequeul is available to watch on Sky Movies as well (Peninsula) which is alright but it really doesn't compare well to the standard set by Train To Busan. 

Also if you haven't seen it, All Of Us Are Dead on Netflix is a South Korean zombie series, one of the best things I've watched on there.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

50 minutes ago, Tommy Fresh said:

Been discussed on here before, it's superb, I watched a couple of nights ago for about the hundreth time. What speaks volumes is it being a good film in general not just good for a zombie film, you could enjoy it even if zombies aren't your thing. 

The sequeul is available to watch on Sky Movies as well (Peninsula) which is alright but it really doesn't compare well to the standard set by Train To Busan. 

Also if you haven't seen it, All Of Us Are Dead on Netflix is a South Korean zombie series, one of the best things I've watched on there.

It is damn good, saw it at the cinema when it was first released there.

Korea is throwing out some damn good horror movies - among others - of later. A lot of them have made their way to the popular streaming platforms too, especially Netflix.

• Like 2