Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finnegan

Let's have a films thread.

Seen the new Statham film today The Beekeeper 

typical Statham film with jeremy irons thrown in , I enjoyed it in a turn brain off way but probably should’ve waited to watch it on streaming. 
Somebody needs to come up with some new ideas for action films. 

• Like 2

I put off Rebel Moon based on the “soulless Star Wars copy” reviews. 

Anyone writing that is a total moron. It’s like dismissing any magic film as a Potter copy or every horror film being a remake of Nosferatu. 

It’s not Dune. It’s not LOTR. It’s not Potter. And it’s certainly not Guardians of the Galaxy. OK, it’s a bit Dune, but ultimately it’s its own space opera. 

People can dislike it for various reasons, I didn’t, but this space Seven Peaky Blinder Samurai homage is well worth it. 

On 18/12/2023 at 06:07, The Quick Brown Fox said:

Just watching Sound of Freedom. 

Scary to think it's based on true story. Sickening.

Just an FYI... its highly questionable as to not only its "truth".. but its deliberate misleading and Qanon falsities.

• Thanks 1

So which one was best, both are good and it is fun to hear the same lines spoken in two different movies.

Personally I always thought Wayne's best western was either The Searchers or The man who shot Liberty Valance.

Remember watching this at the cinema, loved it, had that 70s monster movie feel.

Then watched Mimic a year later at the flicks, another monster movie I enjoyed that would later be called too dark for home cinema by some.

MASSIVE SPOILERS btw if you have not seen this.

Edited by ithuriel
  • Like 1

On 14/01/2024 at 23:22, Daggers said:

I put off Rebel Moon based on the “soulless Star Wars copy” reviews. 

Anyone writing that is a total moron. It’s like dismissing any magic film as a Potter copy or every horror film being a remake of Nosferatu. 

It’s not Dune. It’s not LOTR. It’s not Potter. And it’s certainly not Guardians of the Galaxy. OK, it’s a bit Dune, but ultimately it’s its own space opera. 

People can dislike it for various reasons, I didn’t, but this space Seven Peaky Blinder Samurai homage is well worth it. 

Yeah watched it on a plane and it entertained me but it was very rushed and didn’t give time to any characters considering it was a team up movie. 
some nice visuals but I felt like half the film was edited badly as I wanted to know the characters better. 
I’ll watch any sci fi and this was a 6/10 for me 

51 minutes ago, grth2004 said:

Yeah watched it on a plane and it entertained me but it was very rushed and didn’t give time to any characters considering it was a team up movie. 
some nice visuals but I felt like half the film was edited badly as I wanted to know the characters better. 
I’ll watch any sci fi and this was a 6/10 for me 

There is going to be a directors cut released at some point for it thankfully which should hopefully help with the issues you had

• Like 1

On 15/01/2024 at 21:00, ithuriel said:

So which one was best, both are good and it is fun to hear the same lines spoken in two different movies.

Personally I always thought Wayne's best western was either The Searchers or The man who shot Liberty Valance.

Both good but prefer original just. As for other Wayne westerns. The Searchers, Rio Bravo and The Shootist my top 3

Love my sword n sorcery movies, was mulling over what are the best or that I consider the best.

Highlander for one, no sorcerer unless you count the third but it's a kinda magic you know.

Conan the barbarian is another, Conan the destroyer not reaching the same heights, what is best in life?

Excalibur is a strange movie, more a work of art but by God the actor who plays Merlin owns that part...

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Costock_Fox said:

Sat through 2 hours of Saltburn then nodded off for the last 15 mins. Much happen?

I know you only watched it to see him dancing around at the end with his willey out. You ain't fooling me brother :D

• Haha 1

On 15/01/2024 at 21:00, ithuriel said:

I prefer the recent version, the whole cast is brilliant.

But then I'm not much of a John Wayne fan tbh.