Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finnegan

Let's have a films thread.

Some peeps have a thing for planes or cars etc., but with me it is ships.

I've watched the movie Midway, have it on disc and it is pretty descent, so this channel did a what actually happened video.

They do not show a fair bit in the movie because of obvious time constraints, like the Hornets dive bombers and fighters getting lost and running out of fuel.

• Like 1

On 24/09/2023 at 23:14, Daggers said:

One Night In Soho was a delightful surprise. I thought it was going to be stock daughter chosen teen shit, but it’s a wonderfully scripted classic ghost story. Well acted, beautifully shot, great soundtrack. 

Watched this last night. Really enjoyable film.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Finally got round to watching Avatar the way of water 

wasn’t a massive fan of the first one as the story was a bit generic but thought the new one was pretty good , expanding the storyline and giving me a lot more to be invested in for future sequels. Cameron is a legend and I am starting to see why he’s spent his later life on this project. 

The Killer (new Fincher film on Netflix) felt hugely derivative of the Hitman games. I suppose it’s supposed to be boring stylistically à la Jarhead but it’s very meh. Michael Fassbender’s acting is the only redeeming element.

The Whale

Good movie with terrific performances all around.

Asteroid City

Took me a bit to get settled in. It’s always hard with a Wes Andseron movie after a single viewing to place it amongst his other films that I love so much.

I did enjoy it though and I look forward to re-watching it.

On 13/11/2023 at 23:24, Stadt said:

The Killer (new Fincher film on Netflix) felt hugely derivative of the Hitman games. I suppose it’s supposed to be boring stylistically à la Jarhead but it’s very meh. Michael Fassbender’s acting is the only redeeming element.

And the number of Smith's songs in it

On 28/10/2023 at 02:03, ithuriel said:

Some peeps have a thing for planes or cars etc., but with me it is ships.

I've watched the movie Midway, have it on disc and it is pretty descent, so this channel did a what actually happened video.

They do not show a fair bit in the movie because of obvious time constraints, like the Hornets dive bombers and fighters getting lost and running out of fuel.

Have you seen Battle Of The River Plate

5 minutes ago, Foxdiamond said:

If you have not seen The Woman In The Window with Edward G Robinson please give it a go.

Not certain If I've seen it, will have to look it up to see and yes, Battle of the River Plate was a decent enough movie using real cruisers, including one of  the ships actually present from the battle if I remember correctly.

Have a large film collection, including the old Basil Rathbone Sherlock Holmes movies, Casablanca, Them, Night of the Demon etc.,

Edited by ithuriel
  • Thanks 1