Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finnegan

Let's have a films thread.

On 13/02/2024 at 17:02, The Bear said:

I think it looks terrible and his accent sounds terrible. 

Enjoy! 

It was O.K. but not as good as I hoped.

His accent was passable I thought considering he's not a native Jamaican, but to me he came across as a bit too polished/clean cut as Marley (who always looked a bit rough and fvcked up from memory)

The music was decent and a good reminder of some classic tunes, but only an hour and three quarters felt quite short.

5/10

• Like 1

For ones born in the 90's, went to watch first Shrek again... honestly good decent family comedy. By far the best, haven't watched in nearly five or six years and still as good as first viewing. Second film came along... erm... it's not terrible but focuses more on being kids movie rather than a family flick. Third and four... less said the better.

Apparently there is Fifth film in works which is set to lead to a new trilogy, which means by the end of it we could see Shrek franchise finish seven movies altogether. It's been a good 14 years since the last Shrek outing, is the appeal still there for Shrek and would kids today even like Shrek. 

3 minutes ago, ozleicester said:

Grand daughter has discovered movies/TV....

This is my life now...
PAW Patrol: The Mighty Movie (2023) - IMDb

I loved the kids to the cinema stage; a guaranteed uninterrupted 90 minute kip. 

I’ve been badgering them for grandkids. 

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Daggers said:

I loved the kids to the cinema stage; a guaranteed uninterrupted 90 minute kip. 

I’ve been badgering them for grandkids. 

True... im actually quite pleased.... this is the first time in 4 and a half years that i havent been chasing the little spirit throughout the house for hours at a time. Now we sit down on the couch and watch (well i say watch,... fast forward, rewind, pause, impersonate, and jump up and down) the movie.

As the father of a lesbian and avowed non kid having person....I had accepted that i would never be a grandfather... you never know what the next thing is... but NOTHING is better than the glory of a grandchild.

Also... when she visited the other night and was told we dont have time to watch Mighty Pups... she would haver to watch the football with me.... I said, "Which team do you want to win... the dark blue (Millwall) or the light blue? (Cov).. I know, Hobsons choice right, but she still said.. "i dont want the light blue to win"   :) :appl:

Watched Interstellar at the Planetarium at the Space Centre the other day. Phenomenal film as always, Great on the big screen, though a bit disappointed that the screening wasn't bigger but that would probably have distorted the image. If they could find a more bespoke way of increasing the screen real estate then they're in business.

Also, reminded me of this video I saw a while back - editing is an artform in its own right:

My local Odeon constantly has every film and every showing on "myOdeon Saver" ticket prices on their app, which is £5 each. Even brand new stuff. 

You need an online account but that doesn't cost anything. And you book on the app and select your seat, which is really easy. 

Edited by The Bear