Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sods

Leicestershire County Cricket Club

9 hours ago, everton carr said:

They can't rate Sam Evans at all if they think Deardens average of 19 this season can't be bettered some good players going to be available next season hope we can sign 1 or 2 even at 44 Stevens will still get 50 wickets next year plus a few handy runs

Think we need 2 bats 2 bowlers I'd say more but alot of rubbish in contract. Therefore can't over spend. 

Overseas? Put one out there, we don't have a decent spinner and struggle to bat time, West Indies not touring next summer what about Roston Chase whole season all formats. 

Stevo for a year? 

Edited by Cake

46 minutes ago, Cake said:

Think we need 2 bats 2 bowlers I'd say more but alot of rubbish in contract. Therefore can't over spend. 

Overseas? Put one out there, we don't have a decent spinner and struggle to bat time, West Indies not touring next summer what about Roston Chase whole season all formats. 

Stevo for a year? 

West Indies are here for three Tests, all in June.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Corky said:

West Indies are here for three Tests, all in June.

Was just about to say that not sure Chase will make squad mind you.As I posted earlier if Abbas goes that maybe ties up some money for an overseas for the T20 or Championship only 5 points behind Worcs be nice if we can avoid the Wooden spoon 

• Like 1

Yes I messed that up. I meant to say unlikely to be on tour........

Just feel a player just below test level is ideal. Get him all year. He was playing Lancashire league at one time so not loaded. Doesn't  get in the big t20 contests. 

55 minutes ago, everton carr said:

Was just about to say that not sure Chase will make squad mind you.As I posted earlier if Abbas goes that maybe ties up some money for an overseas for the T20 or Championship only 5 points behind Worcs be nice if we can avoid the Wooden spoon 

Yes important I think. Bowling is ordinary isn't it at times. Who is not playing at the moment? South Africa? 

No they are playing. 

Jackson Bird missed out on Aussie selection. He would do 

Edited by Cake

I think Roston is a probably for the tour if there are Test Matches.

On another note, a further benefit from the last 2 days is that Durham have just had over 2 days and in excess of 200 overs in their legs.

Who out of their CC team plays in the T20 on the bowling front? I presume Ben Raine will be a bit sore. Could help as we could do with Yerkshire turning them over.

22 minutes ago, HaroldBazBo said:

On another note, a further benefit from the last 2 days is that Durham have just had over 2 days and in excess of 200 overs in their legs.

Who out of their CC team plays in the T20 on the bowling front? I presume Ben Raine will be a bit sore. Could help as we could do with Yerkshire turning them over.

Good point. 

44 minutes ago, HaroldBazBo said:

Yorkies looked brilliant at our place, very surprised they’re bottom, think they’ll turn Durham over, although I’m not sure Raine has played their last couple of T20’s

9 hours ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

Yorkies looked brilliant at our place, very surprised they’re bottom, think they’ll turn Durham over, although I’m not sure Raine has played their last couple of T20’s

He don't always bowl in the T20 goes around the park a fair bit often just plays as a batsman

13 hours ago, Cake said:

Stevo for a year? 

Alex Evans looks very useful might be ready for next season Stevens would be ideal for a season

• Like 1

This Welch lad doing the business for the 2s, intrigued to know why it would be difficult to snap him up? Also, Evans (bowler) for the 2s looks like he throws down a heavy delivery, would give him a crack too. 

Shame Dearden is being offered a new deal, waste of money. Apart from Ali and Javid, who else is likely to leave?

Edited by RizLCFC
-

8 hours ago, RizLCFC said:

This Welch lad doing the business for the 2s, intrigued to know why it would be difficult to snap him up? Also, Evans (bowler) for the 2s looks like he throws down a heavy delivery, would give him a crack too. 

Shame Dearden is being offered a new deal, waste of money. Apart from Ali and Javid, who else is likely to leave?

Think Dexter will go and hopefully Klein.Could do with other results going our way tonight so hopefully Yorkshire beat Durham Northants beat Derby and Worcs beat Birmingham.One final point Loughborough Lightning had a double header with Derby last year and they play at Trent Bridge before the Notts game on Sunday why on earth don't they play at Grace Road before a Foxes match?