Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sods

Leicestershire County Cricket Club

6 hours ago, harpendenfox said:

Beaten by a better side, but not disgraced. Swindells and Ackers batted beautifully but no one else got in. My only complaint is Lilley’s thinking. In at 3 after a decent start. It’s the sixth over. He has plenty of time to knock a few singles. Instead tries a sumptuous drive to his second ball and is bowled. One fifty in approaching 90 t20 games whilst young Swindells has 2 in 10. Surely he has to modify his game plan to give himself a chance?

That's Lilleys role in the side though to be the pinch hitter don't come off very often but worth the gamble for when it does ie 66 off 30 balls very Notts at TB the only batsman we have who's capably of playing like that

9 hours ago, everton carr said:

Not a great fan of Dexter past his best and think he will leave at the end of the season bit surely he offers more then Dearden or Ali? 

You'd think so. Ali can at least field. 

I say it every week but please explain Dearden to me? 

Didn't play to badly though as a side. Great Atmosphere. One bad over from Davis, tbf he has bowled well so far this year. Looked gutted also that's a good sign! 

We can still do this! 

10 hours ago, harpendenfox said:

And it was great to see close to 5000 in the old place 👍😎🦊

Really good and encouraging. What was the make-up of the crowd? Lots of families, teenagers, 25-40 year olds? 

Need to be looking at the future fan base so hopefully plenty of people who can go for years went down and want to return.

35 minutes ago, Corky said:

Really good and encouraging. What was the make-up of the crowd? Lots of families, teenagers, 25-40 year olds? 

Need to be looking at the future fan base so hopefully plenty of people who can go for years went down and want to return.

A really good mix I’d say, although clearly lots of middle aged men on the beer, so I’d say it was a pretty good success commercially. It does show there are plenty of people with an interest of cricket, but after the best part of 8 or 9 years with very little to cheer about that’s taken its toll on attendances. 

41 minutes ago, Corky said:

Dont want to be too negative great to see that many people at GR but for the sake of balance should be pointed out that Nottinghamshire brought a lot of fans over last night