Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sods

Leicestershire County Cricket Club

I'm down tonight. I want to go on Sunday but I'm going to see how hungover I am on the day after Sheffield United away lol. What's the chances of it ever selling out and not being able to get tickets on the day? Because as I say I want to make a late call on Sunday.

Edited by Walshy5

Guest MattP
4 hours ago, Cake said:

Hameed released by Lancashire. Nico should be on the phone already. 

Be perfect. Can kick on with us. 

It's a big risk as he can't play the short ball and that's destroyed his career - one certainly worth taking though if he's interested. 

Abbas gone back to Pakistan, probably the last we've seen of him in a Leicestershire shirt? Anyone now how long his contract is or is it season by season deal. If it is the end think they should look at a class overseas batter that can play in all formats, if there is any cash for one. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/49442509

Thought I'd put it in here as Nixon is mentioned. Hopefully he'll go nowhere near this shite.

Don't know what the problem is, Vaughan. It's not about English cricket, it's not even proper cricket, why would the ECB give a toss about English coaches? 

You've backed it, put up with it.

Couple of observations tonight.

Positive was the crowd, people will come if the suns out and the team are competitive.

The batting was often smart, rotated the strike pretty well and only a couple of soft dismissals up top stopped us having a great start, the problem is there’s nothing down the order and our innings just fizzled out. Probably 20 short.

The bowling was sometimes good but often too many short or leg side deliveries, I don’t think any bowler was kept on to bowl more than an over, even Klein after a wicket maiden! Lilley only bowled one over for 5 and never bowled again. 

2 simple dropped catches didn’t help either.

Beaten by a better side, but not disgraced. Swindells and Ackers batted beautifully but no one else got in. My only complaint is Lilley’s thinking. In at 3 after a decent start. It’s the sixth over. He has plenty of time to knock a few singles. Instead tries a sumptuous drive to his second ball and is bowled. One fifty in approaching 90 t20 games whilst young Swindells has 2 in 10. Surely he has to modify his game plan to give himself a chance?

• Like 1