Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

Madeleine McCann

22 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

Yea he seemed pretty suspect to me as well while watching the documentary.

proper head **** this case

It’s mental.

I read Murat’s mother was having her drive re-laid in the same town at the time that the ‘abduction’ happened... 

I wonder what they might find if they dug that up.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Suzie the Fox said:

TBF i cried when the James Bulger details came out, as a mother i found it horrifying. I guess with the McCann's there is still hope. 

I'm not talking about when they found him. Look how distraught she is when he is missing, genuine distress, an absolute broken woman, the complete opposite to Kate McCann. 

Think some of the 'witnesses' have twisted what they've mentioned to investigators/to the press in the past (stating something just to look knowledgeable in front of the public eye versus what they've actually heard/seen/thought at the time of Madeleine's disappearance).

Hence, no-one's account of any details of the incident appears 100% credible, sadly.

But one thing that seemed the most credible of information at the time, 2006, and still feel it is now, was someone seeing a man carrying her away from the apartment.

Think this witness was a local, and not one of the witnesses who names have been mentioned by the press in the past.

One could believe it was Mr. McCann after some incident just moments after they returned to the property from the restaurant and then reported her as missing at some point afterwards. 

13 minutes ago, Suzie the Fox said:

TBF i cried when the James Bulger details came out, as a mother i found it horrifying. I guess with the McCann's there is still hope. 

digressing somewhat, the murder of little James Bulger was absolutely horrifying. It still upsets me now to think about it all these years later. My son is now roughly the same age as the Thompson and Venables were then and it is mind boggling to think that a child of that age could be capable of of such wicked cruelty. 

However it is difficult to compare how people react in a given situation (and the situations here were not really comparable). 

I do get that there are inconsistencies in the account of that evening by the McCanns but it still seems incredible to me that they could manage to dispose of the body of the recently deceased child in a very small time frame and manage to do it so well that no one has found her.

16 hours ago, Devonfox1884 said:

It’s mental.

I read Murat’s mother was having her drive re-laid in the same town at the time that the ‘abduction’ happened... 

I wonder what they might find if they dug that up.

A guy investigating broke in to the murats with a piece of equipment that detects things underground. The results are very suspicious.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

If I were living on the resort, personally would investigate all of the surrounding woodland etc areas and the numerous wells the location is said to have.

Wouldn't be comfortable to at all to live there and shrug the mystery off as it it can't be solved when in fact it can be somehow.

• Haha 1

On 21/03/2019 at 16:20, stripeyfox said:

If the theory is true that she was sedated and "accidentally" died then how did they manage to conceal the body given the timelines (which don't appear to be greatly disputed by most parties)? 

They go for dinner, and periodically check the room. At some point, between discovering lifeless child, one or both parents manages to spirit away the body, before returning to the group to raise the alarm. Within a short period of time after the alarm is raised, there are hundreds of people searching the immediate surroundings but no one finds anything.

It is fanciful at best, and despite the lack of any credible evidence, the fact that they are subjected to ferocious abuse by idiots on facebook and twitter etc is terrible really.

By all means, they can be criticised for their decision exclude the kids from their "dinner" arrangements (have always found in my experience that Mediterranean countries are very welcoming to kids). But I really don't see how what is at best, an error of judgement or at worst, neglect translates into the murder/manslaughter and concealment that some people allege.

Basically.

The abuse is awful. If people want to think they did it then fine, but until that is proven keep your mouth shut. Can't begin to imagine what their lives have been like since

• Like 1

ok yeh i slipped most of ep 2 and ep 3 onwards is much more of a vibe. 

enjoying the hour or so which is basically should we believe the dogs or the parents. like obviously the dogs. dogs are well cool. 

Watching the first few now. First one reminded me at the time, that I was surprised Matthew Oldfield wasn't looked into more closely. He was one the rota of checking on the children, and was the last one to check on the McCann children before Kate discovered she was gone. Maybe he did something on the last check where he claimed he didn't look into the room properly. According to the timeline, Gerry checked first, Jane Tanner second but she never entered the apartment, then Oldfield, then Kate, where it was discovered Madeleine was gone. Only Gerry and Oldfield entered that apartment before Kate. Maybe they were in it together.

Also on Gerrys round of checks its reported he stopped to chat to someone on the way back to the Tapas bar, maybe he was talking to someone to cover up if something had happened to Madeleine on his round and he'd got someone to remove the body. That would fit the timeline of Tanner seeing someone carrying a child away later on.

All this is pure guess work obviously.

Also should add the clearest clue is the couple who were in Morocco who are adamant they saw her in a petrol station, but the Spanish and Portuguese police didn't want to know. The woman thought a little blond girl looked out of place, but didn't know about the disappearance. On returning home, and seeing the pictures on TV, the woman was certain it was Madeleine.

1 hour ago, Parafox said:

Absolutely bang on. It makes no sense for 2 professional medical people, one a GP, the other a cardiac surgeon, to not try to resuscitate their own child. It's in their DNA to save life, as doctors, let alone parents. 

I agree there are those who would allow their child to die or those that commit infanticide, but they are real rarities and usually mentally ill. 

You have to accept the facts. No body found, no evidence of death in the apartment (despite what people think about the cadaver dogs). The timescale of events. The report, by more than one person, seeing a man carrying a child away. The witnesse's testimony, (do you really think their friends were a part of the collusion, if so, why)?

People have said that Madeleine's parents were not grief-stricken. How do we know? They most likely were, in private. They were private people until the unthinkable happened. How would you present in this situation? You're abroad in a foreign country, no real understanding of their legal system, or what happens when your 4yr old goes missing and what will happen when you report it. Even here, in the UK, we wouldn't know what happens next or how to deal with it. It's like shell shock. Bang!!!! Your life is utterly changed by a single traumatic, life changing event. 

Since she, disappeared the McCann's have had to be non-sensationalist, grounded, and focused on finding her. They have been fortunate in that they have been able to generate the support from other parties. They haven't gone seeking the help. Organisations, individuals, the government et al, have stepped forward, for whatever reason, to help them. And rightly so. I wish it could be the case for every missing child.

Personally, I have thoroughly considered everything I've read, seen or heard about this case and I cannot, CANNOT, place any guilt with Madelein's parents apart from going to dinner with friends and leaving her in an apartment in a holiday apartment complex along with other similar families. 

That was an innocent decision with consequences that they would never have dreamt of. 

No one knows quite how they would react in this situation, or at least how that reaction might be portrayed on tv. I would imagine that the McCanns' reaction to the situation would have included a huge amount of guilt - their own despair at having left the children. Blaming themselves for what happened. 

On 21/03/2019 at 12:24, Wymeswold fox said:

What concerns me the most was that there were traces of blood in the bedroom and their holiday hire car..

Like the Ben Needham case, think it'll be some years before anything develops on this - be it even a small one like the former investigation.

Apparently there's hundreds of disused wells scattered around and not too far awasy from the Pria De Luz area.

If they haven't already, investigators should take a took at any of them for smy potemtial clues.

I’ve been going to Luz for 20 years and didn’t know there were any disused wells in the area. I’ve certainly never seen any, at least not obviously.

2 minutes ago, harpendenfox said:

I’ve been going to Luz for 20 years and didn’t know there were any disused wells in the area. I’ve certainly never seen any, at least not obviously.

yes but I'm sure if you needed to quickly dispose of a dead child at 10 o clock at night you'd most likely be able to find one....

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Facecloth said:

Also should add the clearest clue is the couple who were in Morocco who are adamant they saw her in a petrol station, but the Spanish and Portuguese police didn't want to know. The woman thought a little blond girl looked out of place, but didn't know about the disappearance. On returning home, and seeing the pictures on TV, the woman was certain it was Madeleine.

North Africa contains quite a 

number of people with blond hair .These are the ancestors of Europeans kidnapped and forced into slavery by Barbary pirates.

Just now, los dedos said:

North Africa contains quite a 

number of people with blond hair .These are the ancestors of Europeans kidnapped and forced into slavery by Barbary pirates.

The woman thought the child look out of place with the people she was with I should have said. Also she saw her on the TV when she got home and recognised her as the same girl. That's very specific. 

17 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

The woman thought the child look out of place with the people she was with I should have said. Also she saw her on the TV when she got home and recognised her as the same girl. That's very specific. 

People have seen Jesus in tea leafs mate, we are a messed up bunch.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Costock_Fox said:

People have seen Jesus in tea leafs mate, we are a messed up bunch.

Fair point, but it wasn't even followed up. This was they day after I believe, it was a concrete lead in a neighbouring country. Its ridiculous it was ignored.