Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

Madeleine McCann

I’ve watched the whole documentary and for me it’s quite clear the McCanns have nothing to do with Maddies disappearance. Theories can be drawn up to suggest they were involved but I just think if they had something to do with it why keep campaigning to find her? 

You would just think “got away with it” and never speak of it again

• Like 1

1 minute ago, StanSP said:

Money? 

and open up the possibility of being caught out? Doubt it.

Here are my thoughts.

The McCanns left their kids regularly to eat at that Tapas restaurant as did their friends leaving their kids. So a human trafficking ring would have spotted this and watched them for a few nights to assess the time the children would be left alone. Someone saw the opportunity, took Madeleine and before the parents knew it she was on a boat never to be seen again.

I can certainly see why people would believe the parents were involved, I was one of these people until I watched the documentary. The 'blood' found was not Madeleine's. The Portuguese police were desperate to pin point the culprit as a non Portuguese. Robert Murat was the first person they tried to implicate, then Sergei. Once they had the dogs involved it was an opportunity to shift the focus away from Portugal. The media lapped it up, jumping straight onto the McCanns and everyone fell for it.

The rental car was hired 25 days later. At what time could the McCanns have gone out, got Maddies body and disposed of it when the whole worlds media were eagle eyed on them. Even if someone else took the rental car out a journalist would have followed.

I was skeptical with the way the McCanns reacted to her disappearance. Kate rarely shed a tear in front of the camera. Fact is everybody is different and react in different ways. She probably burst into tears when not in front of a camera. She cant be accused of doing something due to her reaction, that's unfair.

I could go on but it will only be repeated things that people have already mentioned. (The above has probably all been mentioned lol)

Like I mentioned, I can see possible scenarios where they could have been involved so wont say somebody is wrong if they think that. I just think it is highly unlikely for the McCanns to have kept up the charade and getting away with it. The only thing they are guilty of is doing something many parents wouldn't dream of doing. Saying that though I bet loads of parents did similar things until Maddie disappeared. This story just highlighted the dangers and has made everyone much more responsible.

There are plenty of stories of children being found years later, Maddie was young enough to be manipulated and integrated into another family. Imagine if she was found alive and well. Here's hoping.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, kingcarr21 said:

I’ve watched the whole documentary and for me it’s quite clear the McCanns have nothing to do with Maddies disappearance. Theories can be drawn up to suggest they were involved but I just think if they had something to do with it why keep campaigning to find her? 

You would just think “got away with it” and never speak of it again

Who are the makers of this documentary and have the McCann PR team been involved in the making ?

It all seems to be steered towards taking any blame off them.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, joachim1965 said:

Who are the makers of this documentary and have the McCann PR team been involved in the making ?

It all seems to be steered towards taking any blame off them.

Out of the 8 episodes only episode 5 does this. Episodes 3 and 4 heavily push the blame to the McCanns. So the documentary shows both sides of the story and leaves the watcher to decide. If anything the documentary goes into more detail to accuse the McCanns rather than removing blame.

If this was a fabricated documentary to conceal something then why go through all the reasons to implicate the McCanns?

I would also then ask why? Why would the McCanns and their PR team create a documentary years later after the incident if the McCanns had something to do with it. Surely they would want the world to forget about it so they live out their lives knowing they got away with it.

7 minutes ago, kingcarr21 said:

Out of the 8 episodes only episode 5 does this. Episodes 3 and 4 heavily push the blame to the McCanns. So the documentary shows both sides of the story and leaves the watcher to decide. If anything the documentary goes into more detail to accuse the McCanns rather than removing blame.

If this was a fabricated documentary to conceal something then why go through all the reasons to implicate the McCanns?

I would also then ask why? Why would the McCanns and their PR team create a documentary years later after the incident if the McCanns had something to do with it. Surely they would want the world to forget about it so they live out their lives knowing they got away with it.

That is a fair and balanced post mate, but as much as I would like to think this was an abduction and Maddie is still alive somewhere, the attitude of Kate and Gerry, the lack of any emotion doesn't sit well with me. The truth will out at some point.

1 minute ago, joachim1965 said:

That is a fair and balanced post mate, but as much as I would like to think this was an abduction and Maddie is still alive somewhere, the attitude of Kate and Gerry, the lack of any emotion doesn't sit well with me. The truth will out at some point.

I agree. This was one of my annoyances with them. It could simply be down to their own individual upbringings, they hide their emotions in front of others. Lets just hope that the truth does show itself at some point

On 22/03/2019 at 12:49, Wymeswold fox said:

If I were living on the resort, personally would investigate all of the surrounding woodland etc areas and the numerous wells the location is said to have.

Wouldn't be comfortable to at all to live there and shrug the mystery off as it it can't be solved when in fact it can be somehow.

Blimey Wymesey you might be onto something there. Call the rozzers.

• Haha 1

I'm sure  at some point in the documentary, Kate said she read a note  in one of the hotel/tapas bar books,submitted as part of he police evidence, about the children would be alone whilst the parents ate. If that was true, it only takes another person with access to that information to work out there's an opportunity to kidnap a child. They would only have someone watching the tapas bar, then quickly gain entry through the hotel room door, which was unlocked, take Madelaine, and pass her to someone waiting outside.

23 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

I'm sure  at some point in the documentary, Kate said she read a note  in one of the hotel/tapas bar books,submitted as part of he police evidence, about the children would be alone whilst the parents ate. If that was true, it only takes another person with access to that information to work out there's an opportunity to kidnap a child. They would only have someone watching the tapas bar, then quickly gain entry through the hotel room door, which was unlocked, take Madelaine, and pass her to someone waiting outside.

Yea it was written in the reservations book for the Tapas restaurant. They sat at the same table every night and it was written that the kids were left in the hotel room, I can only assume so the Waiting staff knew not to worry about highchairs etc.

After watching the whole thing I’m less convinced by the McCann’s covering up an accident... 

The biggest question I have is with the one from the party who checked on the kids prior to Kate. His story makes no sense as a parent.

He went in, saw a light, heard a noise; but didn’t actually check on the kids? 

Surely any parent (ignoring the fact that they left the kids alone) would make sure the kids weren’t up, upset and generally okay - especially if they weren’t yours?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Phube said:

After watching the whole thing I’m less convinced by the McCann’s covering up an accident... 

The biggest question I have is with the one from the party who checked on the kids prior to Kate. His story makes no sense as a parent.

He went in, saw a light, heard a noise; but didn’t actually check on the kids? 

Surely any parent (ignoring the fact that they left the kids alone) would make sure the kids weren’t up, upset and generally okay - especially if they weren’t yours?

I mentioned him in my earlier post. Matthew Oldfield. He was the last person the that its known to have entered the apartment prior to it being discovered she was gone. 

• Like 1

A few years ago Kate did a charity bike ride to help raise money for a charity that helps find and supports the families of missing children, when interviewed afterwards she tells the interviewer " I know this won't help Madeleine "

A very strange comment indeed.

38 minutes ago, joachim1965 said:

A few years ago Kate did a charity bike ride to help raise money for a charity that helps find and supports the families of missing children, when interviewed afterwards she tells the interviewer " I know this won't help Madeleine "

A very strange comment indeed.

I think the charity was UK based. And she spoke of Madeleine in present tense. She did the ride because she empathised with those looking for missing friends and family members.

• Like 1

I was a teenager when this story originally unfolded and didn't pay much attention to it at the time. Before I watched the documentary, I had a vague notion the McCanns were involved somehow but that just doesn't stack up at all. By the end of it, I found the original investigator Amaral not particularly credible. It seems to me the most likely explanation is an abduction where many leads were simply not pursued. A sad story.

Just now, joachim1965 said:

This documentary is definately achieving its goal , so many on here saying things like, " I thought the McCann's were involved but now I don't after watching this" good PR.

Doesn't seem a pr documentary to me, it just seems very in-depth about an event that probably took less than a minute and no-one has an explanation for, not anyone known anyway. I think the McCanns are the victims of a child abduction, and more so as the years go by, and all the stories surrounding the case, true or false, have proven over the years that they've not helped trace the whereabouts of Madeleine but have probably helped eliminate where shes not. The stories of them being cold and heartless i also think are unfounded as well because i believe they are practical people who know that sobbing in front of a camera isn't going to help and that the point of a  public appeal in front of a camera is to get their daughter back and not something done for sympathy which deflects from peoples thought trains about what they can remember.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, joachim1965 said:

This documentary is definately achieving its goal , so many on here saying things like, " I thought the McCann's were involved but now I don't after watching this" good PR.

Good PR for who? I thought the McCann's had nothing to do with the documentary? In fact I've seen the anti McCann brigade saying that they (the McCanns) tried to ban it? 

The documentary didn't show us anything that we didn't already know, apart from lots of padding about growing up in the Algarve, interspersed with dramatic cinematic wide drone shots of various locations.

When all is said and done, the abduction theory remains the most likely and frankly only plausible version of events.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, yorkie1999 said:

Doesn't seem a pr documentary to me, it just seems very in-depth about an event that probably took less than a minute and no-one has an explanation for, not anyone known anyway. I think the McCanns are the victims of a child abduction, and more so as the years go by, and all the stories surrounding the case, true or false, have proven over the years that they've not helped trace the whereabouts of Madeleine but have probably helped eliminate where shes not. The stories of them being cold and heartless i also think are unfounded as well because i believe they are practical people who know that sobbing in front of a camera isn't going to help and that the point of a  public appeal in front of a camera is to get their daughter back and not something done for sympathy which deflects from peoples thought trains about what they can remember.

I really don't think they can win. "emotionless" is a throwaway comment. If you look at the footage around the time, she looks absolutely shot to pieces. More or less how I imagine you would look if you daughter had vanished and you'd spent sleepless nights wondering what had happened to her, whilst constantly feeling the overwhelming burden of guilt knowing that they'd left her alone and created the opportunity for the abductor. 

• Like 2