Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

Madeleine McCann

3 hours ago, FLAN said:

Hard to believe it is 14 years ago and she would have been 18 now

seems to have gone very quiet again but I guess cooperation is greatly affected by the covid situation 

Still find the whole thing upsetting. 

On a personal note, my eldest is the same age as the mccann twins. Everybody told me how quick childhood goes. They're right. My lad's -and obvs the twins' too - entire childhood has started and basically now finished in the whole period maddie has been lost. On so.many levels, how sad 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

46 minutes ago, Parafox said:

Really? When was the last time any Met police went to Portugal?

FFS. I assume you mean one of the McCann's or their friends at the time?

That's your assumption, thinking it might be neither.

Personally believe a local man was involved (based on an eyewitness account at the time of seeing a male carrying a young child nearby on the evening of Madeleine's disappearance).

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Wymsey said:

The Clairvoyant might have a valid point, given his past 'success' in other missing person investigations?..

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/news/uk-world-news/madeleine-mccann-buried-woodland-clairvoyant-5495824

I love the saying if it's stupid and it works then it isn't stupid but I think this one is just stupid.

However it's a strange world we live in and considering the money spent on a wild goose chase with little/no results then this is as good a goose as any other I guess. :dunno:

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Wymsey said:

The Clairvoyant might have a valid point, given his past 'success' in other missing person investigations?..

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/news/uk-world-news/madeleine-mccann-buried-woodland-clairvoyant-5495824

They need to take a look at this guy!  Reminds me of a story I heard years back about a police officer who had an uncanny knack of discovering burglaries before they had been reported - turned out he was the burglar!

• 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...
58 minutes ago, MPH said:

A person has been declared an official suspect by Portuguese prosecutors investigating the disappearance of Madeleine McCann.

Madeleine McCann: Portuguese authorities declare formal suspect https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-61183857

it’s that German fella.

Speedy response from the Portuguese prosecutors there.

3 hours ago, StanSP said:

Every year in or around April we can expect this thread to be updated lol

I know it's close to the date she went missing, but do the Portuguese authorities do fvck all around the rest of the year?! 

under Portuguese law you can’t be charged with a crime if 15 years has passed and they haven’t charged you and that 15 years is about to pass by.. so a bit of a tactical move I think 

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, MPH said:

under Portuguese law you can’t be charged with a crime if 15 years has passed and they haven’t charged you and that 15 years is about to pass by.. so a bit of a tactical move I think 

I think he probably did it. Whether they can prove it is a different matter.

4 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

spot on. He’s currently doing time for the rape of a Woman he attacked in..: Praya deluge(sp!?) and was in the area the hour she went missing ….

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ClaphamFox said:

It seems almost certain he is the culprit.

Certainly much more plausible than her parents accidentally killing her and then managing to completely conceal her body whilst calmly going back to eat their dinner which is what most of the crackpots you read about here believe.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, stripeyfox said:

It seems almost certain he is the culprit.

Certainly much more plausible than her parents accidentally killing her and then managing to completely conceal her body whilst calmly going back to eat their dinner which is what most of the crackpots you read about here believe.

The near-pathological determination of some people to believe that the McCanns were responsible has always astonished me. There has literally never been any evidence for the theory that they killed her and in that moment somehow devised a plan for concealing the crime that would be envy of the world's top criminal masterminds. Yet some people are so emotionally invested in the idea of the McCann's guilt that you sense they'll need need extensive therapy if they finally have to admit that they were wrong all along.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

The near-pathological determination of some people to believe that the McCanns were responsible has always astonished me. There has literally never been any evidence for the theory that they killed her and in that moment somehow devised a plan for concealing the crime that would be envy of the world's top criminal masterminds. Yet some people are so emotionally invested in the idea of the McCann's guilt that you sense they'll need need extensive therapy if they finally have to admit that they were wrong all along.

I'd be happy if this guy gets convicted. I don't believe they killed her, obviously, but can see plenty of merit in the arguments that if they weren't posh, rich, doctors and freemasons then they would have been treated differently and the case wouldn;t have received anywhere near as much attention of money being chucked at it. Maybe they should face some form of repercussion from a child neglect angle.

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

They didn't do it, but they were responsible.

I mean their mates were bad enough, but at least you could see their apartments from the restaurant and they were in the middle of the row. You couldn't see their apartment from the restaurant and it was the end one, accessible from the street. They might have thought it won't happen to them, but why take the risk? You wouldn't leave your car unlocked and unattended, so why leave your kids unattended? You can replace a car, not your kids.

They obviously didn't want to lose their daughter and they didn't do this on purpose, but how ****ing stupid can these people be? It's still negligence. 

I don’t disagree. As a father myself, I find what they did impossible to understand. However, there is a big difference between otherwise loving parents making a tragically bad decision vs evil parents killing their child and cold-heartedly covering it up. 

Edited by ClaphamFox

3 hours ago, ClaphamFox said:

I don’t disagree. As a father myself, I find what they did impossible to understand. However, there is a big difference between otherwise loving parents making a tragically bad decision vs evil parents killing their child and cold-heartedly covering it up. 

And responsibility can cover many things. They didn't do it, but they are very much responsible. None of this could have happened if they were better parents. And that's not victim blaming btw, we are all responsible for keeping ourselves and those in our care safe to best of our ability. Leaving 3 kids under 4 alone isn't the best of anyone's ability. There are evil people out there, don't needless put yourself in potential harms way.

Edited by Facecloth
  • Like 1

• 5 months later...
4 hours ago, StanSP said:

Let's hope it leads to him being involved and thereby scuppering all of those hostile, nasty people believing the McCann's were guilty of killing there own daughter.

Edited by Parafox
  • Like 1

• 4 months later...
5 minutes ago, Parafox said:

Where did you see this?

Google. She has an account on Instagram but I haven't so can only go on what's on the article in the Mirror. Not too much reported on it though.

I'm skeptical but it's interesting.

Edited by Fox92
  • Thanks 1