Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

Madeleine McCann

Guest Markyblue
1 hour ago, Raj said:

All I know is it's a god job the McCanns are white middle class and he's a surgeon.

Say what you want but if that was me and my Mrs or single parent Tracey losing her daughter named Mercedes Porsche Gonnerea, we'd be in jail for child neglect!!!!

Suck on that foxestslk!!!

Absolute bollocks.

Was it actually reported (or confirmed) that the traces of blood that was apparently found in the hotel room wall/their hire car (or both?), Madeleine's in the first place?

Edited by Wymsey

2 hours ago, Raj said:

All I know is it's a god job the McCanns are white middle class and he's a surgeon.

Say what you want but if that was me and my Mrs or single parent Tracey losing her daughter named Mercedes Porsche Gonnerea, we'd be in jail for child neglect!!!!

A well known, fairly unpopular left wing journalist wrote a good book on this regarding the demonisation of the working class in the media. He used the example of the McCanns vs the Shannon Matthews case. 

7 minutes ago, Lionator said:

A well known, fairly unpopular left wing journalist wrote a good book on this regarding the demonisation of the working class in the media. He used the example of the McCanns vs the Shannon Matthews case. 

What's the book?

1 hour ago, Wymsey said:

Was it actually reported (or confirmed) that the traces of blood that was apparently found in the hotel room wall/their hire car (or both?), Madeleine's in the first place?

The DNA in the car boot contained 15 of 19 alleles consistent with Madeleine's profile.

• Thanks 1

“The DNA evidence, meanwhile, came with a major ‘health warning’ from the FSS.

An email from John Lowe, of the FSS team, stated that only 15 out of a set of 19 components of Madeleine’s DNA profile had been found in the hire car.

Mr Lowe cautioned: “The individual components in Madeleine’s profile are not unique to her; it is the specific combination of 19 components that makes her profile unique above all others. Elements of Madeleine’s profile are also present within the profiles of many of the scientists here in Birmingham, myself included.

“It’s important to stress that 50 per cent of Madeleine’s profile will be shared with each parent. It is not possible, in a mixture of more than two people, to determine or evaluate which specific DNA components pair with each other. ... Therefore, we cannot answer the question: Is the match genuine, or is it a chance match.”

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/madeleine-mccann-disappearance-latest-what-happened-scenarios-a8632886.html

11 hours ago, Lionator said:

Shannon Mathew's mother was guilty. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ClaphamFox said:

“The DNA evidence, meanwhile, came with a major ‘health warning’ from the FSS.

An email from John Lowe, of the FSS team, stated that only 15 out of a set of 19 components of Madeleine’s DNA profile had been found in the hire car.

Mr Lowe cautioned: “The individual components in Madeleine’s profile are not unique to her; it is the specific combination of 19 components that makes her profile unique above all others. Elements of Madeleine’s profile are also present within the profiles of many of the scientists here in Birmingham, myself included.

“It’s important to stress that 50 per cent of Madeleine’s profile will be shared with each parent. It is not possible, in a mixture of more than two people, to determine or evaluate which specific DNA components pair with each other. ... Therefore, we cannot answer the question: Is the match genuine, or is it a chance match.”

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/madeleine-mccann-disappearance-latest-what-happened-scenarios-a8632886.html

Indeed, and therefore there is doubt in both suppositions. It proves neither guilt nor innocence and so requires further investigation and evidence.

• Like 1

So there is now a suspect who has already been found guilty of two horrendous crimes in his life (and was in the area when Madeline went missing and also when a German girl was abducted more recently).

Shall we take a break from blaming two victims who’ve already been disproportionately punished for their error of judgement, and focus our anger on someone who genuinely deserves it? Please?

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

Above, you stated that the ‘evidence suggests an accident’. It absolutely doesn’t. In reality there is scarcely any evidence to suggest the McCanns were responsible, but there is a growing amount of evidence for abduction and - tragically - murder. That was always by far the most likely explanation - all the other theories have been the preserve of cranks, trolls and simpletons.

Are you related to them by any chance? Or do you just work in their PR dept.

About sums it up really ....    the McCanns shouldn’t have left her alone ...   this guy most likely took her ...  and the cops completely fvcked up the case ...  and now, unfortunately, she is almost certainly dead.   IF they hadn’t left her ..  and IF the cops had dealt with it better ..  then she may still be alive.   :mellow:

Anyway ..  back to wild theories ...    was it an alien abduction !!! ....   :tumbleweed:

56341355-C870-4A4C-9BCA-9DC94BEECE6B.jpeg

I think alot of us wanted them to be charged with child neglect from the beginning of the disappearance, which is a natural reaction to the story and how it was conveyed in the media.

In the UK the maximum jail sentence for child neglect is 10 years which if you think would mean the twins (other two children in the Mccann family) would be without there parents for up to 10 years. It would be likely the twins would be placed into social care or given to other members of the family with restrict access to the parents, either way the bill be footed by the UK taxpayers.

Personally i think they have suffered enough through the media coverage of the story, constant scrutiny from the public and the guilt they suffer from the missing of Madeline. 

If the likely outcome is that this German suspect snatched her and killed then it can be finally put to bed, not only from a investigation and taxpayers perspective but the family can find some sort of closure and mourn their daughter.

• Like 2

Unfortunately, I think a lot of parents do this and feel leaving a young child on their own is acceptable ...  to me it isn’t but I know a lot of people do it ...  remember the old Butlins camps when a sign would flash saying baby crying in chalet 15 ..  it is very prevalent.

(A friend of mine and his wife did it once and the kid rang the police ...  :)).

On 04/06/2020 at 22:25, Leicester_Loyal said:

There's leaving your kids unattended for 5 minutes while you make a cuppa or take the bins out, then there's drugging your kids before leaving them all evening to go for beers and a meal. Huge difference.

The fact they've never been charged for child neglect is quite frankly ridiculous too.

Couldn't agree more.

If parents from a council estate had done this they'd have done time. Simple as that. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Saigon Fox said:

They had access to evening child monitoring at Warner's. Think it was about a tenner. The McCann's chose not to use it. 

Difficult to discuss this subject in depth and rationally isn't it? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Raj said:

Sorry son but it really really is not bollocks.

Your deluded if you think it is.

‘Son’ing someone is the worst possible insult :D

• Haha 3

16 hours ago, Raj said:

16 hours ago, Paninistickers said:

That's always been the way. The family is relatable, poor Madeleine picture perfect and public interest (and mainly sympathy)  is therefore high.

Why did the murders of good looking Rachel Nickell or Suzy lamplugh burn into the national psyche 30 years later. Or Milly Dowler, an archetypal perfect suburban teenage daughter.

My Lord, your joint ignorance is making you look stupid