Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

Madeleine McCann

18 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

So you think it was an accident, but the McCanns went to extraordinary lengths to cover it up? That they acted so swiftly but yet so thoroughly that they’ve managed to hide the evidence all these years? And not only that, they managed to persuade a group of other people, strangers to them before the holiday, to join in a conspiracy to pervert the course of justice? And all of these people have stuck to this lie all these years since?

You actually believe all of those things?

I think what he was trying to say is that there are a lot of unanswerable questions and anomolies that appear to make this case more than just a straightforward abduction case, I guess the only people who truly know what happened are Kate and Gerry Mccann or the alleged abductor, sadly I don't think we are ever going to get to the bottom of this without finding Madeleine,  either alive or dead.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ClaphamFox said:

So you think it was an accident, but the McCanns went to extraordinary lengths to cover it up? That they acted so swiftly but yet so thoroughly that they’ve managed to hide the evidence all these years? And not only that, they managed to persuade a group of other people, strangers to them before the holiday, to join in a conspiracy to pervert the course of justice? And all of these people have stuck to this lie all these years since?

You actually believe all of those things?

If you are referring to the so called Tapas 7, they were all friends of the McCanns? They also refused to do a crime reconstruction in 2008 to explain conflicts in their statements.

Edited by l444ry
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, l444ry said:

If you are referring to the so called Tapas Nine, they were all friends of the McCanns? They also refused to do a crime reconstruction in 2008 to explain conflicts in their statements.

You think in a short period of time the Mcanns came up to their friends and said "we accidentally killed maddie, help us cover it up" and all of their friends did and in 13 years never broke silence? 

Inconsistencies in multiple accounts of roughly the same set of circumstances is actually evidence of truth. Experts would find a concise and exact account from all 9 of them to be more suspicious. 

Also the evidence from the scenic would suggest that some time after the incident, when it was public and there was a media circus watching the Mcanns, they managed to dispose of the body? 

I used to think the parents were involved but when you actually look at it, it just doesn't make sense. 

• Like 3

The documentary on Netflix is a very interesting watch. If they had something to do with it it would have came to light. The police badgered them so much.

For me, she was abducted and on a boat sailing off somewhere before they even knew she was missing.

34 minutes ago, Benguin said:

You think in a short period of time the Mcanns came up to their friends and said "we accidentally killed maddie, help us cover it up" and all of their friends did and in 13 years never broke silence? 

Inconsistencies in multiple accounts of roughly the same set of circumstances is actually evidence of truth. Experts would find a concise and exact account from all 9 of them to be more suspicious. 

Also the evidence from the scenic would suggest that some time after the incident, when it was public and there was a media circus watching the Mcanns, they managed to dispose of the body? 

I used to think the parents were involved but when you actually look at it, it just doesn't make sense. 

No and I can't see anything in my post to suggest that. Go to Specsavers mate.

1 hour ago, l444ry said:

No and I can't see anything in my post to suggest that. Go to Specsavers mate.

You quite clearly implied it by suggesting they were all friends and refused to cooperate fully with the investigation.

Edited by Beechey

2 hours ago, Beechey said:

You quite clearly implied it by suggesting they were all friends and refused to cooperate fully with the investigation.

Not really. It was a chance for them to clear the Parents and prove the PJ wrong. The PJ wanted to clarify the inconsistencies in their statements. Failure to do the reconstruction just adds to the suspicions they had.

Edited by l444ry
  • Like 1

The entire case has never felt right to me. 

It always reminds me of Azaria Chamberlain, or Ben Needham cases. It could rumble on for that long as well. 

I personally don’t think we’ll ever know the truth. I’m actually sceptical that maybe the world is just pinning this on some random person, so it goes away.

As a parent, I struggle to comprehend how you’d leave a child. I struggle to feel emphatic, towards stupid people. 

As someone else mentioned, you worry about leaving them upstairs, as you nip to grab something from the kitchen. Can they open the front door? Can they climb the stairs? Will they irritate the pets? Are they safe in the back garden, even though it’s bolted. 

37 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

A random paedophile, known to break into holiday chalets, who we know for a fact was in the precise area at the time and who - apparently - has told at least one friend that he did it? That kind of random?

I haven't seen everything on the story, how do we know for a fact he was in the precise area at the time?

51 minutes ago, Sly said:

As a parent, I struggle to comprehend how you’d leave a child. I struggle to feel emphatic, towards stupid people. 

The thing is, Gerry and Kate McCann are anything but 'stupid'. Their negligence must have consumed their lives and haunted them for every minute of their lives since that terrible evening on the 3rd May 2007. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

He took a phone call in the area around an hour before Madeleine disappeared. 

Ah ok.  So three questions that need answering then, that the investigators might know the answers to and the wider public probably don't...

1. How do they know it was his phone?

2. How do they know it was him actually in possession of the phone at the time?

3. How has it taken 13 years to identify this suspect?

27 minutes ago, Raj said:

All I know is it's a god job the McCanns are white middle class and he's a surgeon.

Say what you want but if that was me and my Mrs or single parent Tracey losing her daughter named Mercedes Porsche Gonnerea, we'd be in jail for child neglect!!!!

Suck on that foxestslk!!!

That's always been the way. The family is relatable, poor Madeleine picture perfect and public interest (and mainly sympathy)  is therefore high.

Why did the murders of good looking Rachel Nickell or Suzy lamplugh burn into the national psyche 30 years later. Or Milly Dowler, an archetypal perfect suburban teenage daughter.

8 hours ago, Parafox said:

Source?

I apologise for being even more of a Bellend than usual - I am guilty of base sarcasm. I am not aware of any other such cases, the implication of my post being why would they be overly concerned about the risks of something that never happens?

It's not something that I would have done myself - I'm a natural worrier and even where the risk is zero I'll always have that slightly hysterical 'what if' at the back of my mind. But I don't find it that outrageous that two educated individuals acted like they did - they presumably thought it was safe

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ClaphamFox said:

A random paedophile, known to break into holiday chalets, who we know for a fact was in the precise area at the time and who - apparently - has told at least one friend that he did it? That kind of random?

The authorities only have circumstantial evidence,  not enough to say for sure.

50 minutes ago, Raj said:

All I know is it's a god job the McCanns are white middle class and he's a surgeon.

Say what you want but if that was me and my Mrs or single parent Tracey losing her daughter named Mercedes Porsche Gonnerea, we'd be in jail for child neglect!!!!

Spot on, I said this earlier in the thread.

57 minutes ago, Raj said:

They should be put in prison for naming their child that to be honest :ph34r:

Take the kids away before they have a chance to be stolen/go missing!