Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

Madeleine McCann

3 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

Yeah, because as everybody knows human grief can be measured precisely by how somebody behaves in front of a TV camera. If only they’d done more media training, eh? People might feel more sorry for them then...

👍

5 hours ago, Walkers said:

I just don't understand the people who constantly criticise their parents, as though because of that we should never have looked for her or investigated the incident? At the centre of this is (was) a 3 year old child who doesn't deserve to just be forgotten about

57 minutes ago, Walkers said:

Yeah great, so you and the two others who quoted me what is the point you are trying to make? Or are you just wanting to have a dig at them?

I was one who quoted you, I commented on their decision they made that dreadful evening, that is not constantly criticising them though. It’s also not having a dig, it’s a stating an opinion the same as you have. 
By having the opinion that the parents made a terrible decision that night also doesn’t mean that she should never have been looked for or her disappearance investigated, I’m not quite sure how you come to that conclusion because I for one am fully behind finding out what happened to her as I believe 99% of people are.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Countryfox said:

Tbh it’s not actually a joke ..  but if a story about a missing girl from god knows how many years ago replaces, as a top story, a worldwide pandemic that is killing people as we speak and has turned the world upside down ..   then perhaps we have turned a corner ...  which, in a perverse sort of way,  is a positive thing. 

Fair enough. To be honest I was being a bit cynical (must’ve been a long day). I won’t even go into what I was going to reply because you clearly didn’t intend the context that I thought you might’ve. 

1 hour ago, FoxesDeb said:

I imagine that they felt comfortable leaving them. They judged their location and felt it was safe. They were wrong, and they have to live with it every single day, having paid the ultimate price. I really feel for them, even if I don't think I would have done the same. 

Feeling comfortable leaving your young children unattended, at night, in a foreign country is absolutely shocking judgement. 

Doing it an emergency when you may not be thinking clearly is forgivable. Consciously doing it multiple times to go out for dinner and drinks isn’t. I’d say it’s selfish, irresponsible, careless and completely neglectful behaviour as a parent.

Of course the McCanns and Madeleine didn’t deserve what happened because of the above, but it was without doubt avoidable.

On the point (which isn’t aimed at you @FoxesDeb) that they didn’t seem as moved as most would by what’d happened. I’d say this goes hand in hand with the events that lead to the disappearance. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Paninistickers said:

Tbh, most people who I've heard express that view aren't parents. 

Every single parent makes a major gaffe at some point

This was Not a gaffe,under 'normal' stress/non-Stress circumstances, but playing a poor and ill planned %s  " out time" in a strange location..

This is why some parents like my wife and I, just the thought sends us hot & cold....There is enough that can happen around ones own or relations house,there are also Today many single parents,who Don t have a Partner to Balance the care.....

There comes the time,when despite fear of Child abductors,you Dread that horrible uncomfortabel descision,when you Need let your children,walk alone or with a Friend to the shops,those Early Days to school,to Play out,go to their friend,even on Quiet streets,or areas....

Leaving a Child to go to the loo,do the washing....parents leave the door open,und create their own Safe enviroments...We ,like I am sure many others in City or in the provences do Lock their doors & windows,for the childs safety,they have their Domains where they can run,crawl free,knowing Mama or Papa are there.

If its summer and in the garden(if they have one),After a certain Age with the child Wide Eyes & wunderlust ,there will be moments of Non attention,but built in awareness...!!

You see having a child,Brings an extra Emotion and sense that steps up that needed concentration & awareness including responsibility

( Maybe more in the mother)....Oh Yes we all make gaffes,and have family-stories that for those Nano-seconds even minutes that  sent shivers down ones spine.

2-3 years olds,Opening those locked Doors & windows,bolted gardengates,somehow vanishing quicker than Usain Bolt,but this is often or  at least on "Home" turf!!

These are known but still ,Everyday nerve wrecking dangers and horrible mind blowing concerns,where most,( Not all!!)end up as amusing neighbourhood stories, some Scolded children,who like John Wayne,try try again to Ride over that forever tempting hill,or just around that unknown corner...

life with kids,is a welcoming  stress of life,with fun,but Natural instictive Loving ,caring responsibility...

Which also sometimes embraces poignant loss of young ones...

Again this is usually on home-turf, thats Why people/parents find it hard to comprehend

Why oh why then even tempt fate,while holidaying in a Foreign country,in a Foreign & strange unknown location..!!!

Again from 2 supposedly educated parents...that is what sticks with many parents,or parents to be....

But believe me millions of us will have sympathy & say 'By the Grace of God go I" 

Edited by fuchsntf
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

There's leaving your kids unattended for 5 minutes while you make a cuppa or take the bins out, then there's drugging your kids before leaving them all evening to go for beers and a meal. Huge difference.

The fact they've never been charged for child neglect is quite frankly ridiculous too.

Where is the evidence they drugged them?

7 hours ago, foxfanazer said:

I'm a parent and I can hand on heart say I'd never leave my child alone anywhere let alone in a foreign country. Major gaffe my arse

Exactly this. Why go on a family holiday to leave your family behind in a hotel room. If you want a break from the kids, hand them off to family. If you are not willing to look after your kids at all times, you probably shouldn't have them.

Everyone needs a break from kids, but they should be left in good hands. Leaving kids on their own is not just open for abduction, but kids could easily walk off on their own too and get lost.

As you say, I would never leave my kids anywhere unless I knew there was someone looking after them and that they are someone I trust. No one can ever be trusted 100% but you reduce the risk of anything going wrong as much as possible.

I feel sorry for the child and her siblings and wider family, but not the parents. They were the start of this all and it could have been avoided. I am sure many parents probably leave their kids in some shape at some point but many are lucky that things work out.

• Like 3

One of the things I've found deeply troubling about this case, is the way so many people have completely divorced criticism from basic human compassion and empathy.

If someone drives a car at a recklessly high speed and has an accident, it's reasonable to be very critical.  
But if that person ends up being paralysed from the neck down for the rest of their lives, you can still have sympathy and compassion for the position they find themselves in.  
They are being brutally punished every day for an error of judgement, or even gross stupidity.  
Their suffering is out of all proportion to their actions.  They didn't mean any harm, they just got it terribly wrong.

It's a basic human response to feel some sympathy and compassion in instances like that. What caring person wouldn't feel that way?  

Apparently quite a few, by the looks of it.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, ClaphamFox said:

It’s clear from social media that the vile trolls who have spent the past 13 years accusing the McCanns of murder are determined to cling on to their bizarre theories no matter what evidence comes forth. Their absolute commitment to the belief that Madeleine was killed by her parents is matched only by their absolute disregard for evidence, logic and reason. 

May I respectfully suggest you have a thorough look at the evidence. Cadaver dog, blood dog, blood spatter, DNA, unwilling to answer almost 50 questions by answering 'no comment'. There's lots to indicate foul play, hence the suspicion.

Edited by Saigon Fox
  • Like 3

Guest Markyblue
28 minutes ago, Saigon Fox said:

May I respectfully suggest you have a thorough look at the evidence. Cadaver dog, blood dog, blood spatter, DNA, unwilling to answer almost 50 questions and answering 'no comment'. There's lots to suggest foul play, hence the suspicion.

Most or all of that was discounted by the documentary on Netflix as i remember,  also the relentless campaign they have mounted to keep her in the public eye seems a strange way to cover up for being murderers,  negligent yes, murderers behave.

When all this happened I was not a parent and I was shocked they left their kids alone. I am now a parent and it is just unbelievable. Not only that they left their 3 kids alone that night but for at least the last 4 nights of the holiday along with 3 other families. 4 sets of parents and not one of them thought this is not a good idea (classic group think mentality).

They left the patio door unlocked for ease of checking and also left a note with staff that they had left their kids alone. All 4 families are horrendously negligent parents putting their own pleasure ahead of their kids safety. One of those families paid a huge price for their negligence and for them I have a huge amount sympathy. Losing a child is one thing but knowing it was so easily prevented by following the absolute basics of parenting is something they will have to live with for the rest of their lives.

The only positives about this coming up every couple of years is it reminds parents to not be so selfish and stupid because the price you might end up paying is terrifying.

Edited by Captain...
  • Like 3

Guest Markyblue
6 minutes ago, Saigon Fox said:

The evidence suggests an accident, IMHO.

There have been theories that because they are doctors that maybe a sedative to keep the kids asleep was used and things went wrong but really cant see that being true.