Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

Just now, Facecloth said:

So they should look for a house facing mecca, not expect people to give them a discount because it doesn't. I mean if a house has major work needed on it fair enough, but that's a bit cheeky.

Would have kicked them out straight away

1 hour ago, Facecloth said:

So they should look for a house facing mecca, not expect people to give them a discount because it doesn't. I mean if a house has major work needed on it fair enough, but that's a bit cheeky.

I agree that they were being cheeky and going ott. Was just giving context to their point 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

If they're strongly religious then it maybe something they find important in a house. 

Muslims pray towards Mecca so potentially due to that. 

I get that Muslims pray towards Mecca, I've just never even heard anything regarding which way houses face to do with it, I thought it was just the people that had to face that way when praying. 

In predominantly Muslim countries do all the houses face the same way? Dunno. Seems proper odd to me though. :huh:

I've been off the booze for almost 4.5 years now, after a long and self-destructive career caning it.

Due to the effects of a genetic heart condition, I've been on Warfarin blood-thinning meds for most of the past 5 years. For multiple reasons, it's a bad idea to combine Warfarin with significant amounts of alcohol. 

For medical reasons, not at my request, my cardiologist & GP have just arranged for me to switch from Warfarin to an alternative med......with which alcohol is not an issue....

Get thee behind me, Satan!

:thumbup::devil: 

Edited by Alf Bentley
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Alf Bentley said:

I've been off the booze for almost 4.5 years now, after a long and self-destructive career caning it.

Due to the effects of a genetic heart condition, I've been on Warfarin blood-thinning meds for most of that time. For multiple reasons, it's a bad idea to combine Warfarin with significant amounts of alcohol. 

For medical reasons, not at my request, my cardiologist & GP have just arranged for me to switch from Warfarin to an alternative med......with which alcohol is not an issue....

Get thee behind me, Satan!

:thumbup::devil: 

The devil makes work for empty glasses ...    :o

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Innovindil said:

I get that Muslims pray towards Mecca, I've just never even heard anything regarding which way houses face to do with it, I thought it was just the people that had to face that way when praying. 

In predominantly Muslim countries do all the houses face the same way? Dunno. Seems proper odd to me though. :huh:

Obviously not, they just place their mat so it's facing the right direction. Sounds like this couple are trying to take the piss tbh.

Rubbish. The other half has just spent the whole day in the family court pleading to be allowed contact with his children every other weekend, from Friday to Sunday. The court has decided that their gymnastics on a Friday evening is more important, so we can only have them from the Saturday morning overnight. Funnily enough they only started said gymnastics since he left. 

On the brightside, their weekends with us don't seem to interfere with city playing at home on the whole, and when it does at least it gives me a break 😉

Tiring.

Been working in Paris the last few days now stuck at the airport with a 3 hour delay. Won’t get home til about 1am.

Not keen on Paris. Far too busy and crowded for a country bumpkin like me.

On 11/10/2019 at 21:01, Izzy said:

Tiring.

Been working in Paris the last few days now stuck at the airport with a 3 hour delay. Won’t get home til about 1am.

I love Paris, the drivers there are so considerate :rolleyes:

• Haha 1

Pretty shite day have to say. 

Two rejections from job applications today; 1 from an interview I thought had gone really well and for a company/job that I really thought fit me well.  Sucks as it's really put a downer on my holiday so far. 

Just a disheartening really, starting to get a bit hit by the consistent rejections and little to no feedback as to how I can improve

Edit: I knew I was never going to walk into something, just Didn't realise id be facing this many rejections given I have a good degree with decent experience in the area I'm looking at.

Edited by UniFox21
  • Sad 1

On 11/10/2019 at 21:01, Izzy said:

Tiring.

How did the eulogy go down mate?

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, ajthefox said:

How did the eulogy go down mate?

Bless you for asking mate. It was tough but I just about held it together I think. I told the congregation before I started that I’d wobble a few times and I sure did.

The wife and her brothers were very thankful and so were the rest of the family so I’m glad I did it in a way.

I’ve no idea how people can do a eulogy for their own parents though, big respect to them. Doing it for an in law was difficult enough.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Innovindil said:

20191014-131255.jpg

My body is ready. :yahoo:

****ing London though man. Wtf is this place. Every person in such a flipping rush. Crazy. 

Hammersmith. One of my old haunts. 

And the Odeon...or whatever they call it now, seen so many bands at that place.