Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

My sister had to have one of her cats put to sleep today. Only 7, had cancer :cry: He really was a lovely cat, unlike his sister who is a nutter. He'd always come for a fuss, sit on your knee. When I stopped over on the sofa bed, he'd always sleep at my feet.

• Sad 4

58 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

My sister had to have one of her cats put to sleep today. Only 7, had cancer :cry: He really was a lovely cat, unlike his sister who is a nutter. He'd always come for a fuss, sit on your knee. When I stopped over on the sofa bed, he'd always sleep at my feet.

One of my worst nightmares losing one of my cats. Sorry for your loss. :(

16 minutes ago, Innovindil said:

One of my worst nightmares losing one of my cats. Sorry for your loss. :(

How many have you got? Wasn't my cat this time, but obviously sad for my sister and he was such a friendly cat, I'll miss him when I visit.

2 minutes ago, OadbyBlue said:

Didn’t know where else to put this, but anyone know how to deal with a strained neck? I very rarely get any kind of injuries but today strained my neck with sloppy form on the last few reps of shrugs in my home “gym” (my floor and a barbell:D)

Heat some oil up (not too hot but enough so it's warm). Rub some oil on where the strain is and a bit around it, too. Try to keep it active and not to let it stiffen. 

40 minutes ago, OadbyBlue said:

Didn’t know where else to put this, but anyone know how to deal with a strained neck? I very rarely get any kind of injuries but today strained my neck with sloppy form on the last few reps of shrugs in my home “gym” (my floor and a barbell:D)

Yeah heat pack and some tiger balm to ease the pain until it heals.

12 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

Yeah heat pack and some tiger balm to ease the pain until it heals.

49 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Heat some oil up (not too hot but enough so it's warm). Rub some oil on where the strain is and a bit around it, too. Try to keep it active and not to let it stiffen. 

Thanks lads, knew this site would come through after seeing all the physiotherapists in the Justin ACL thread:D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Saw a strange bloke with a strange hitchhiking strategy on Upperton Road today. Whilst standing on the wrong in amongst slow traffic he proceeded to get on his knees and beg/pray to be given a lift which swiftly changed to an angry Green Street esque starting on the car once he had been refused. Strange man. 

Yet more old pics from my bottom draw ..  this is one from my schooldays when Mr Vader visited us ..  he was a lovely man and didn’t look half as scary as he normally would ...  this is him holding me up in the air ...  I remember that day well as I told my mum I felt like a girl so she let me wear my check skirt and shiny black shoes and tie a black pony tail that I got out of a Christmas cracker to the back of my head ...   Uncle Darth (as he liked me to call him) liked them too.   The fact the girls were inside cooking and the boys were going on a 10 mile yomp round Bradgate park had absolutely nothing to do my decision to be female for the day. 

One funny thing about Uncle Darth though was every time you asked him a question he moved his mouth to reply but this other chap (I think his name was Earl) spoke for him ...   weird ...  

0CAC3F32-C690-4FAF-85C2-6EC04E29C947.jpeg

• Haha 1

And an even older pic here of my first day at school ..   I remember that day extremely well too ...  on checking the night before on what I felt like (my parents were so futuristic in their attitude) I advised them I felt very donkey like ...  my mum accepted it immediately and dressed me in my older brothers old donkey panto outfit.   I have to say though I only did it the once as all the class insisted on riding me round the playground and I was knackered by the time I got home ...  

E2B1EF5A-9A9D-4A14-A84C-1C6CF3EF9FC5.jpeg

16 hours ago, SemperEadem said:

Linnie5 in Bochum.

Great place, has a Leicester scarf up behind the bar and always really looks after us when we are over there.

Really felt for some of the guys I know who use it as pretty much a front room.

great news that! cracking bar! 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Innovindil said:

HO LI SHEEEEET. 

Just been offered training on the new giant 4-axis haas. Step up from my 600vmc bridge port! :banana:

I’ve absolutely no idea what you’re talking about mate but you sound happy, so that’s good :thumbup:

• Haha 4