Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

28 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Bollox

Just come back from a nice long walk with the pooches and the locks knackered on the back door

Awaiting an emergency call out....

Try the front door instead mate :D

• Haha 1

I'm embarrassed to write this, but maybe a few can relate to it seeing as lockdown is an absolute ball ache (literally) for singletons 

I'm a seperated guy since 5 years. I've grizzled on other thread in the past how I despise online dating. All so functional and methodical. Plus the talent pool is shite in the 33 plus bracket. 

Anyways, courtesy of work zoom meetings and whatsapp and on the phone, I've been getting closer to a girl at work  who, previously in office pre covid days, we'd only made water cooler small talk. 

I don't think it'll come.to anything (she's a division above me and, basically,  a bit hacked off with lockdown back at her parents and I'm a convenient distraction) . But, it reminds me of why online is so shite. Real stuff is so.much edgier. Riskier. Exciting. Cat and.mouse. Will she won't she. The scarcity too. These things, to me.at least,  don't happen too often.

Regardless of the outcome, I just love the chase. It's fun 🙃

Edited by Paninistickers
  • Like 1

Hit 500 posts on Foxestalk today after 8 years of being a member! 

Realised that if I were to reach the lofty post counts of such luminaries as Izzy and Stan, at my current annual post rate I’d be hitting the 20,000 mark some time in the year 2350.😂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, oakman said:

Hit 500 posts on Foxestalk today after 8 years of being a member! 

Realised that if I were to reach the lofty post counts of such luminaries as Izzy and Stan, at my current annual post rate I’d be hitting the 20,000 mark some time in the year 2350.😂

Cor, wonder how many jokes @Izzy would have posted by then! 

• Haha 2

On 17/01/2021 at 21:34, Paninistickers said:

I'm embarrassed to write this, but maybe a few can relate to it seeing as lockdown is an absolute ball ache (literally) for singletons 

I'm a seperated guy since 5 years. I've grizzled on other thread in the past how I despise online dating. All so functional and methodical. Plus the talent pool is shite in the 33 plus bracket. 

Anyways, courtesy of work zoom meetings and whatsapp and on the phone, I've been getting closer to a girl at work  who, previously in office pre covid days, we'd only made water cooler small talk. 

I don't think it'll come.to anything (she's a division above me and, basically,  a bit hacked off with lockdown back at her parents and I'm a convenient distraction) . But, it reminds me of why online is so shite. Real stuff is so.much edgier. Riskier. Exciting. Cat and.mouse. Will she won't she. The scarcity too. These things, to me.at least,  don't happen too often.

Regardless of the outcome, I just love the chase. It's fun 🙃

I've also just started sh*tting where I eat (figuratively speaking) and although I may come to regret it, it does add a certain Je ne sais quoi to the whole thing!

I completely agree re online dating. In a way, online dating lessens the initial barriers to working out whether you are into each other or not, but getting to know someone in person by happenstance and avoiding that contrived feeling to meeting each other that I've found with online dating is really nice.

Not the best time to be trying to date though what with all the restrictions, especially if you don't have your own place.

2 hours ago, Countryfox said:

Found this old picture of me and the dogs  ..  lovely day ..  people used to say I looked a bit like Englebert ..   utter rubbish !! ..   I was far better looking ..   and I could sing !!  :)

7E96CD31-3CFF-4010-9361-EF9004C22EDA.jpeg

Blimey...it's not shorts weather, is it??!  :D

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, RonnieTodger said:

Just tried English Mustard on a hot dog and was nearly sick

Just had my pulled pork sarnie with English mustard on ..   slow cook the ham joint in Coca Cola (and a few other secret ingredients)  for about 4 hours  .  then rip into shreds ..  fookin magic !!!

59 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

Just had my pulled pork sarnie with English mustard on ..   slow cook the ham joint in Coca Cola (and a few other secret ingredients)  for about 4 hours  .  then rip into shreds ..  fookin magic !!!

Yeah I didn't do it properly. I never realised that the mustard you usually get on hot dogs is a completely mild one lol 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Countryfox said:

Found this old picture of me and the dogs  ..  lovely day ..  people used to say I looked a bit like Englebert ..   utter rubbish !! ..   I was far better looking ..   and I could sing !!  :)

Wait, is your username based on a fondness for country music

5 hours ago, Countryfox said:

I can see a bit of Humperdink in there mate! Bit of Burt Reynolds without the tash as well!!

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Countryfox said:

Bloody triplets mate!

• Haha 1