Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

28 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

Wish I could get your video to work but my iPad just doesn’t want to know ...    that little fella is a roe buck as you can see by the marks on his head where his antlers were before they were cast ...   he’s in his winter grey coat but will look a lot more spectacular in the spring with his fox red coat and new antlers on show.    

P.S. Try not to make him too ‘tame’ as it won’t do him any favours in the long run.  :thumbup:

Thanks - yeah, sorry, it was a screenshot of a video that was taken   :teehee:

Excuse my ignorance, but what's the score with the antlers - do they regrow bigger each year, or something? (I initially wondered if they'd been chopped, as it looked that way)!

Would you be able to tell how old the deer are by their antler size, etc? How old do you reckon this one is?

And yes, we've made a decision not to try and encourage/feed/tame them - we'll just let them do their thing and enjoy from a distance (although I'm not massively happy about the mess they make on the lawn, tbh)   :nono:

31 minutes ago, Milo said:

Thanks - yeah, sorry, it was a screenshot of a video that was taken   :teehee:

Excuse my ignorance, but what's the score with the antlers - do they regrow bigger each year, or something? (I initially wondered if they'd been chopped, as it looked that way)!

Would you be able to tell how old the deer are by their antler size, etc? How old do you reckon this one is?

And yes, we've made a decision not to try and encourage/feed/tame them - we'll just let them do their thing and enjoy from a distance (although I'm not massively happy about the mess they make on the lawn, tbh)   :nono:

Yep the antlers cast and regrow every year.  Antlers can help with ageing as can overall size (neck, musculature) and how it carries itself..   However,  it is examination of its teeth that tells you the most ...  by the amount of teeth, wear and colour you can pin it down to within a year or two.  Of course you need a lot of experience to do that.   Remember deer are always born at the same time of year so I’d say the one in your pic is not last years and under 4 ...  sorry can’t get any closer than that ! ...   :)

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Innovindil said:

Wierd, my virgin box did exactly the same thing. No WiFi at all but pc and ps4 that are connected through cable still works. Unplugged it for 30 seconds and it's working again. 

7 hours ago, Dahnsouff said:

Did wonder if the LAN ports were an option, but seems not. 

Must have been a Virgin issue. We had no wi-fi this morning. Mrs Para says it went off during the night as she tried ordering a book for her Kindle at 3 am (weird). Rebooted it and it came back fine.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Parafox said:

Must have been a Virgin issue. We had no wi-fi this morning. Mrs Para says it went off during the night as she tried ordering a book for her Kindle at 3 am (weird). Rebooted it and it came back fine.

Seems to have done irreparable damage to my super hub, that’s for sure! Tried all I (and others) can think of, but nowt.

26 minutes ago, Innovindil said:

First day back and work and pulled into the office. Here we go I thought...wrong. 4% payrise. Amazing considering the shafting we got over the last year. 

All Mondays should be like this. :beer:

It's good, but it's not free Pizza :unsure:

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

Who can spot what shouldn't be in my van? 

I have no idea where it came from or how long it was in there lol

It couldn't have been far from home though.

Screenshot_20210113-181515_Gallery.jpg

Poor little bastard! What did you do with it? Apparently that sort of thing is much more common than you would think it is. 

13 minutes ago, stix said:

Poor little bastard! What did you do with it? Apparently that sort of thing is much more common than you would think it is. 

It ran off. I was clustered in Whetstone all day, so it wouldn't have been far from home.

I always close the van door as soon as I'm done in there, so God knows how it got in!

If I'd travelled far, I would have took it to a vet to check for a microchip. 

• Like 3

Spent a few hours seeing my mum today.

I was showing her YouTube via SkyQ and put on a load of videos she liked, mainly from the 1980s.

The most bizarre request was for Mr Brightside.

(She loves 'Human' by The Killers - I think Radio Leicester used to play it a lot  - and had heard of Mr Brightside but not actually heard it.)

22 hours ago, tom27111 said:

Who can spot what shouldn't be in my van? 

I have no idea where it came from or how long it was in there lol

It couldn't have been far from home though.

Screenshot_20210113-181515_Gallery.jpg

Took me way too long to find. I only saw the white at first and thought it was a towel.