Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
purpleronnie

Filbert Street - The Legendary Home of Leicester City Football Club

Anybody manage to get something from the old ground?,I have a seat,a workmate sold it to me for £20.

When the old main stand got ripped down to be replaced by the Carling stand my dad somehow managed to get the 'home team dressing room' sign and the number 1 shirt peg.

They sit pride of place in his downstairs toilet which he's made into a Leicester City shrine!

You don't seem to get the fog and mist at the KP that you did at Filbo. I recall being sat right at the top of the Carling stand on at least two occasions and struggling to make out the old scoreboard opposite.

Likewise the un imaginable cold you'd feel in the double decker during winter when it'd get no sun at all for weeks on end.

Could this have been taken during the time when the double decker was being constructed? I know it was built around this time. Great photo!

Sent from my BNTV600 using Tapatalk

Definitely looks like the frame of the double decker so yeah I'd go along with the picture being take during construction

When did Filbert Way come about? Was it the same time as our ground or was it before?

Same time as the ground, it's  only that short bit of entrance  road.

... whilst I'm okay with the crisp bowl I still really remember City at Filbert street, the vast majority of my teenage years spent in the upper level of the double D whilst my younger years spent with my grandad in the main stand ... and just like the smell of 'old' Wembley (... Piss and hotdogs!) the smells and feel of Filbert street will always be City for me, yes; I miss the old ground, but Gods Teeth c'mon we're moving forward and upwards again ... (shit ... just remembering ... I even got to walk under the 'balloon' protecting the pitch, with my grandad ... Great times and memories of why I'll love LCFC forever)

... So who else can remember the power transformers down the back of the club buzzing like crazy as you walked passed them? ... I used to walk down there every day from hazel street school back to Stuart street ( purposely passed the club and around the ground just to be close to the 'City') .... Brilliant times really!

• Like 3

You don't seem to get the fog and mist at the KP that you did at Filbo. I recall being sat right at the top of the Carling stand on at least two occasions and struggling to make out the old scoreboard opposite.

Likewise the un imaginable cold you'd feel in the double decker during winter when it'd get no sun at all for weeks on end.

Those days or more precise those crisp winter game days or nights, proved how crazy city fans were.

I got my first tracksuit when I was eight, sort of city replica, I saw G.Cross in a photo training in snow in a thick tracksuit and told my parents thats what I would like.I sort of got a cheaper version, and didnt really like it, until, my best friend and I went to a few games in biting winter conditions, we had DD tickets, which we got at special prices, sometimes freebys.

(4 relations and 2 boyfriends of my older sisters were stewards or kiosk workers).

If I remember right kids couldnt get into the DD alone ,had to be accompanied by an Adult, but our contacts took us to our seats.

I digress, what I wanted to say is that bloody royal blue tracksuit, kept me damn warm and I was more than thankfull, only ever worn it for those game days, (had another for my own sports use).The DD didnt half unarm those biting winds, even with other fans around you, one prayed for a goal so you had a reason to jump up and down.I am damn sure we had alot of 0-0s

in those days.

One reason I believe the women in our lives thought/think we football supporters are simply mad.

The games from xmas through to febuary could be testing.

Edited by fuchsntf

... whilst I'm okay with the crisp bowl I still really remember City at Filbert street, the vast majority of my teenage years spent in the upper level of the double D whilst my younger years spent with my grandad in the main stand ... and just like the smell of 'old' Wembley (... Piss and hotdogs!) the smells and feel of Filbert street will always be City for me, yes; I miss the old ground, but Gods Teeth c'mon we're moving forward and upwards again ... (shit ... just remembering ... I even got to walk under the 'balloon' protecting the pitch, with my grandad ... Great times and memories of why I'll love LCFC forever)

... So who else can remember the power transformers down the back of the club buzzing like crazy as you walked passed them? ... I used to walk down there every day from hazel street school back to Stuart street ( purposely passed the club and around the ground just to be close to the 'City') .... Brilliant times really!

The buzzing noise generated from those transformers is nostalgic somewhat.

I was only thinking the same before I read this lol

Yeah you are right can't remember ever having extreme weather at the King Power

My first ever game at Filbert Street was against Blackburn really thick fog was sat in the upper tier of the double decker could barely see the halfway line

My first ever game at Filbert Street was against Blackburn really thick fog was sat in the upper tier of the double decker could barely see the halfway line

Was that a midweek league cup game?

I remember watching us against Blackburn in a cup game during the week. I was still in my school uniform for some reason and it was absolutely freezing. I was sat in the double decker for that game.

The Middlesbrough Friday night was about as extreme as it gets.

I remember watching us against Blackburn in a cup game during the week. I was still in my school uniform for some reason and it was absolutely freezing. I was sat in the double decker for that game.

Yea I remember this Tuesday night sure it was a 1.0 win Lennon. Not sure though

no it was a prem league game just found this on youtube