Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Benjani

What are you eating now?

Chilli con carne. Easy to make, lasts a couple of days and you can take it work aswell.

yeah i think my sister is planning on smashing out something like this in the week. 

My culinary ability reaches the heights of coco pops and if I'm feeling adventurous toast.

i've had at least 7 or 8 bowls of shreddies since friday. that's a solid meal right there. 

I am absolutely SHIT at cooking, I can't even cook a ****ing sandwich properly, they always fall apart.

Since the woman left the other week I've been eating nothing but shit out of tins and even that gets burnt to the bottom of the pan.

I eat from the pan to save washing up, Bear Grylls style. I assume I'm not the only one?

I am absolutely SHIT at cooking, I can't even cook a ****ing sandwich properly, they always fall apart.

Since the woman left the other week I've been eating nothing but shit out of tins and even that gets burnt to the bottom of the pan.

I eat from the pan to save washing up, Bear Grylls style. I assume I'm not the only one?

If I have to cook for myself i'll do sweet potato mash and steak. If I burn the steak it's still edible, if I don't cook it long enough it's still edibile. You can't go wrong.

I did roast chicken earlier, realised I had no stuffing mix so did it from scratch. Had no onions so used pickled onions, didn't have sage so just chucked any old herbs in, had to even make the breadcrumbs. It turned out brilliant, and the gravy I concocted was my best yet (bit of Bisto, white wine, pepper, meat juices and debris from the various veg)

• 4 weeks later...

Had some fajitas earlier, not had them in time. Was pretty nice and spicy, what are others opinions on fajitas?

Also question as it is something I am very interested in, what is everyones favourite meal?

Fajitas are delightful, I slightly prefer the mince version burritos though. Can't beat a bit of Old El Passo. 

Had some fajitas earlier, not had them in time. Was pretty nice and spicy, what are others opinions on fajitas?

Also question as it is something I am very interested in, what is everyones favourite meal?

In terms of eating: Cottage Pie is glorious, but I'm too lazy to deal with all the washing up from the different pans and utensils you need to use along the way.

In terms of me actually cooking: Onion, crushed garlic, and chilli fried in the base of a ceramic casserole dish.  Add meat (whichever mince or cut is on special offer), and drizzle a small amount of red wine and even smaller amount of soy sauce in.  While the meat is cooking chop up the vegetables ready to chuck in once the meat's browned, again, whatever you want to use - usually I go for courgette, mushrooms, and carrots. I always go for aubergine. Add chopped tomatoes - if you're using fresh ones you'll have to wait for them to mush down into a sauce at this point. Stir in some chicen stock jelly stuff at this point. Now chuck a load of chipolatas on top as well as one whole chilli for good measure and bang the whole lot in the oven at 190 until the carrots(if present) are nice and soft and the aubergine's disappeared into the sauce (this is why I always get it, adds so much to the overall flavour of the dish once disintegrated).  Half an hour should do it.  Remove from oven and set on the side.

Now you are nearly ready to eat, but we're missing one vital ingredient: The carbohydrate.  At this point the only washing up should be the one chopping board and knife you've used for everything, plus a spatula for mixing the dish during the frying phase.  If you're smart you did it while the stew was in the oven, so you don't want to make too much more preparing it. I have 2 solutions:

1. Chop up some potatoes way back at the beginning of the process, blanche them to remove excess starch, chuck in the pot along with everything else before it goes in the oven.  Unfortunately this means a whole new pan to wash up (plus an entire colander if you're one of those who struggles with the concept holding a lid against the potatoes while you pour the water out), which is why I prefer option 2, this next bit is going to change your life:

Grab a mug and fill it to a bit under halfway with couscous.  Pour in freshly boiled water so that it reaches twice the height of the couscous. Wait 5 minutes.  Tip it out into a bowl and ladle the stew on top.

In total you should have the following washing up to worry about:

Pre-eating: 1 knife, 1 chopping board, 1 spatula, 1 mug, 1 ladle.

Post-eating: 1 bowl, 1 fork, 1 casserole dish a few days later when you've finished all the stew off.   So really only the casserole dish and potentially the chopping board constitute any troublesome dishwashing effort which is an absolute miracle and the result of years of experimentation.

Here is one for ya.

Do a fry up like your sausage then add your bacon then mushrooms etc (if using) then crack in some eggs (like 4 at least for this to work) while everything is still in the pan. Once the egg whites set they literally hold it all together like a fry up pizza. Then put on a big chopping board, serve with toast and you literally just cut a slice of full english and enjoy.

big_fryup_breakfast2.jpg

Kebab meat and salad from 'The Ocean'...

That's your fave meal? And you are not 17? Come on man.

Edited by Unabomber

Here is one for ya.

Do a fry up like your sausage then add your bacon then mushrooms etc (if using) then crack in some eggs (like 4 at least for this to work) while everything is still in the pan. Once the egg whites set they literally hold it all together like a fry up pizza. Then put on a big chopping board, serve with toast and you literally just cut a slice of full english and enjoy.

big_fryup_breakfast2.jpg

That's your fave meal? And you are not 17? Come on man.

No, what I was eating now..

Fave meal... A top pasta dish probably.