Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

Lazy cvnts who wait 5 minutes to take the elevator ONE floor when they could easily take the stairs instead.

Causes queues, congestion and inconvenience for people who GENUINELY need to use the lift.

If you’re fit enough and capable enough to walk up some stairs then do it already FFS :mad:

32 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

Lazy cvnts who wait 5 minutes to take the elevator ONE floor when they could easily take the stairs instead.

Causes queues, congestion and inconvenience for people who GENUINELY need to use the lift.

If you’re fit enough and capable enough to walk up some stairs then do it already FFS :mad:

I work in a building where I often have to shift heavy equipment between several floors and I must admit this probably does irritate me more than it should. Going up one flight is a whole world better than those that take the lift to go down one flight though. For Christ sake, I've been waiting for this lift for ten minutes and you can't even roll with gravity for one flight of stairs.

56 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

The really annoying thing about it is that by not using the stairs they are ensuring that sooner rather than later they won't be able to.

One of Mrs B's colleagues catches a bus home from work because she's too fat and lazy to walk the half a mile or so to where she lives. And then she wonders why she's fat ("Oh, I've been going to Weight Watchers for years", she whines, "I think it must be genetic..")

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Otis said:

Reminds me when I see fatties trying to park as close as possible to supermarket doors. Then proceed to buy diet & weightwatchers food.

Probably the same people who stagger out of McDonalds with 15,000 calories of fat burger and a bucket of Diet Pepsi.

12 minutes ago, Buce said:

Probably the same people who stagger out of McDonalds with 15,000 calories of fat burger and a bucket of Diet Pepsi.

I prefer the taste of diet coke/pepsi, so would order it if I was having a ridiculously unhealthy meal or not. My mate, who generally steers clear of fast food because he's diabetic, has a diet coke/pepsi on the rare occasion he treats himself.

Also I think a morbidly obese person parking a few parking spaces closer to the supermarket, any extra weight is going to trim is going to be like throwing a deckchair off a ship. 

I'm not defending lazy fat people, losing weight is doable, I've lost 4.5 stone* this year. I just think sometimes people order the diet drink for non diet reasons and trying to park close to shop isn't making that much difference to their weight loss or lack of, so it's a bit harsh pulling them up on it.

*May not be that after Chistmas lol 

1 minute ago, Facecloth said:

I prefer the taste of diet coke/pepsi, so would order it if I was having a ridiculously unhealthy meal or not. My mate, who generally steers clear of fast food because he's diabetic, has a diet coke/pepsi on the rare occasion he treats himself.

Also I think a morbidly obese person parking a few parking spaces closer to the supermarket, any extra weight is going to trim is going to be like throwing a deckchair off a ship. 

I'm not defending lazy fat people, losing weight is doable, I've lost 4.5 stone* this year. I just think sometimes people order the diet drink for non diet reasons and trying to park close to shop isn't making that much difference to their weight loss or lack of, so it's a bit harsh pulling them up on it.

Fair enough, Facey.

I guess I was being a bit judgemental.

4 hours ago, Buce said:

The really annoying thing about it is that by not using the stairs they are ensuring that sooner rather than later they won't be able to.

One of Mrs B's colleagues catches a bus home from work because she's too fat and lazy to walk the half a mile or so to where she lives. And then she wonders why she's fat ("Oh, I've been going to Weight Watchers for years", she whines, "I think it must be genetic..")

going along with this subject, riding the bus and people getting off at EVERY STOP even when they are really close together, like, get off when the bus stops and ****ing walk 5 mins down the road

Just now, Buce said:

Fair enough, Facey.

I guess I was being a bit judgemental.

Think it's the same with anything, and the argument was put across in both the politics thread and the rickets thread, people seem to want to fall on one side a fence all the time and never give benefit of the doubt or see things aren't always black and white, on any subject. Actually that grinds my gears.

There will be some people doing those things genuinely thinking a diet coke with a big mac meal will help them lose weight and that doing no exercise but buying diet food will trim the fat off, but there will be others with a different story. I know in my mind those people exist (I was one!) and they grind my gears, but I would never look at someone and assume they were one of those people.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

Think it's the same with anything, and the argument was put across in both the politics thread and the rickets thread, people seem to want to fall on one side a fence all the time and never give benefit of the doubt or see things aren't always black and white, on any subject. Actually that grinds my gears.

There will be some people doing those things genuinely thinking a diet coke with a big mac meal will help them lose weight and that doing no exercise but buying diet food will trim the fat off, but there will be others with a different story. I know in my mind those people exist (I was one!) and they grind my gears, but I would never look at someone and assume they were one of those people.

On reflection, I think I owe you and anyone else I may have offended by expressing my prejudice, an unreserved apology.

On this occasion I fell below the standards that I hold myself to.

1 hour ago, Facecloth said:

Sounds like you were more of a beach towel a year ago. 

Great effort :thumbup:

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

I'm torn between being furious with you for crushing my dreams of close proximity bird observation and being grateful to you for imparting potentially valuable consumer information.

I need to go away and reflect further, on both this and the equally vexed question of 'do I need a leaf blower?'

Never tried a bird feeder stuck to the window I've had one that attached to guttering a foot or two from the window and small birds have been more than happy to feed from it. 

"Have a SAFE" xxxx

Im sick of every.... event.... every time people try something new..... every time they meet new people.... every time they step outside, they are told to have a safe time.

Stop being scared by everything.... have some fvcking fun!

1 minute ago, ozleicester said:

"Have a SAFE" xxxx

Im sick of every.... event.... every time people try something new..... every time they meet new people.... every time they step outside, they are told to have a safe time.

Stop being scared by everything.... have some fvcking fun!

Too right.  Stay safe though Bro. ? 

• Haha 1

When you reach your late twenties and suddenly society piles pressure on you to have a baby?

Our two sets of friends are a similar age and have just had kids within about eight months of each other. Couple that with my impending marriage and the litany of comments like "oh you'll be doing this soon," "come on then when the you having yours?"

I've had loads of other small comments just nipping about children now that marriage is on the horizon. Can't people shut the fvck up and let me run my own life at the pace I want? There must be plenty of kids out there who were born just so their mum and dad could shut their friends and families' mouths for a few seconds.

Happy new year! lol

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Footballwipe said:

When you reach your late twenties and suddenly society piles pressure on you to have a baby?

Our two sets of friends are a similar age and have just had kids within about eight months of each other. Couple that with my impending marriage and the litany of comments like "oh you'll be doing this soon," "come on then when the you having yours?"

I've had loads of other small comments just nipping about children now that marriage is on the horizon. Can't people shut the fvck up and let me run my own life at the pace I want? There must be plenty of kids out there who were born just so their mum and dad could shut their friends and families' mouths for a few seconds.

Happy new year! lol

The thing is sometimes you see young parents with their kids in public and question whether they're fully-capable enough of being a good parent.

David Jason didn't become a Father until he was 60 and George Clooney recently had twins at his age, for example, so there's really no point in comparing yourself to others with regards to 'pace' etc.

Just find it quite arrogant personally in that new parents are saying this sort of thing tbh.

Edited by Wymeswold fox

1 hour ago, HighPeakFox said:

Baby on Board (and their ilk) car stickers. 

I cannot begin to convey the utter contempt I hold for these things, and what they have come to stand for.

What do they stand for?

I don’t have one in my car, but seems to me that it’s a gentle plea to the dickhead road users we all know exist to try their best not to involve them in a car accident that might harm their baby? 

I cannot begin to convey the utter contempt I hold for these things, and what they have come to stand for.
I like these. Means I keep well back because you know it's some exhausted mother driving, who at any moment could turn around to do something with the baby or toddler, either something nice or give them a good whack, leading her to swerve off course and cause an accident.

Other drivers need something similar, such as "Youth aged 18-25", "Old Person aged 65+", or "Idiot with low IQ".

That way you can choose to overtake as soon as possible, hang well back (my preferred choice), or find an alternate route.

Sent from my VKY-L09 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Nobody is forced to agree. They shouldn't need to exist in my opinion, and I certainly don't need telling that someone else has people in their car.

I am aware that the premise is a benign one - as MC says, an awareness of a stressed out mother, for example. However, my feeling is that there is another sub-conscious message being sent (the people in my car are more important than you/yours, perhaps). 

7 hours ago, HighPeakFox said:

Apprently the real reason these were made is so that in the event of an accident and the possibiliy of the baby being thrown from the car, the emergency services would know to look for it away from the car.