Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

1 hour ago, HighPeakFox said:

Drivers that either a) drive to take the 3rd/4th exit on roundabouts but decide not to signal right, and b) drivers that enter roundabouts intending to go straight ahead, yet inexplicably signal to turn right.

I hate the twonks that join the roundabout from the left when you're turning right, and get all excited when you cross their path when moving over to the left to leave the roundabout WHICH IS CORRECT YOU TOTAL ARSEHOLES

• Like 2

HMRC. I work for myself through a limited company and I am the only director and only employee. This is common across engineering and IT where large companies routinely draft in self-employed sub-contractors, often for many months or even for years on large projects. A couple of weeks ago I got a letter from HMRC which alleged that I hadn't filed the return for last year's corporation tax and they had imposed a penalty of £200, with further penalties if I didn't pay up by the 21st of December. Accountant was completely unsurprised and already on the case when I contacted him. I have spoken to a couple of other engineering and IT subbies who have had the same letter. Wouldn't be surprised if thousands of these letters have gone out and a fair number of the unfortunate recipients just panicked and paid up. It isn't the first time HMRC have messed me about in the less than three years I have been subbying. Don't suppose for a minute the dimwitted civil servant responsible for this will be reprimanded. He will probably be promoted for his initiative in garnering thousands for the Treasury coffers. I groan inwardly when I get their nasty little brown envelopes made from recycled bog paper and I hate HMRC even more than Jon Moss!!!

10 hours ago, DanNDH88 said:

People who go out clubbing on christmas eve... whoppers

Just out of interest why does this bother you? Never really affected me and I’ve never really done it either. Occasionally frequented the white horse Birstall on a couple of Xmas eves to have a few jars but never got shit faced or owt.

but why does it annoy you so?

• Like 1

Specifically the Muppet in traffic on Freeman's Common on Saturday night who turned his engine off but was so far off to the side of the road it looked like he had parked up.

Then when people tried to go round him he got upset.

On 23/12/2017 at 15:44, Matt said:

Talking about adverts, the Sainsbury advert with people who can't sing, there are a few different ones I think, the one that really annoys me they keep showing it on loop at the gym, an cringworthy couple, bloke in a turkey outfit, do some poem like thing (Don't know why companies think poetry is good on adverts - I mentioned Nationwide and their shitty poetry adverts earlier in the year).

Sainsbury's have done the most cringworthy, sickening, embarrasing, stupid adverts this year.

Yum, Yum, Yum.

Food Dancing.

What's for dinner?

Halloween.

#everybitofchristmas

Poverty.

talking of adverts with people who can't sing, I fvcking hate the Paddy Power one with the guy in the wheelchair.

It's traditional for me to spend Boxing Day on my arse idly deciding what I might spend my Christmas money on, assuming that I've managed to get through the festivities without bankrupting myself.

I've reached peak consumer. Literally the only thing I can think of that I need is a stick on bird feeder for the window.

The ultimate first world problem

Do you remember when you could open a Christmas present without a camera being shoved in your face?

Do you remember when people bought/thought of Christmas presents by thinking "oh I think they'll absolutely love that" instead of "oh that'll get me loads of shares and retweets, I'm going to get them that" 

:rolleyes:

• Like 1

On 25/12/2017 at 22:55, SystonFox said:

Just out of interest why does this bother you? Never really affected me and I’ve never really done it either. Occasionally frequented the white horse Birstall on a couple of Xmas eves to have a few jars but never got shit faced or owt.

but why does it annoy you so?

This. 

Got to be a bit of a whopper if it bothers you so much people going clubbing on Christmas Eve.

36 minutes ago, EastAnglianFox said:

Lewis Hamilton having to apologise for making fun of his little nephew for wearing a princess dress....swear people are waking up daily just thirsty to find anything to be offended at..when will it stop.

He should stick to his amazing Princess Diana poetry

4 hours ago, EastAnglianFox said:

Lewis Hamilton having to apologise for making fun of his little nephew for wearing a princess dress....swear people are waking up daily just thirsty to find anything to be offended at..when will it stop.

Tbf Hamilton is a colossal dick to go onto social media to take the piss out of a toddler, acknowledging he's been a twat is hardly a bad thing.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Footballwipe said:

Do you remember when you could open a Christmas present without a camera being shoved in your face?

Do you remember when people bought/thought of Christmas presents by thinking "oh I think they'll absolutely love that" instead of "oh that'll get me loads of shares and retweets, I'm going to get them that" 

:rolleyes:

It is true. I have a 3 year old son and have various other mums and dads on Facebook who have kids the same age as my lad. Christmas night once my son was fast asleep I scrolled down Facebook and couldn't believe the amount of parents that had filmed their kids opening present after present. Absolutely baffles me! lol

As much as I like coming on here with ease on my mobile I also hate technology specifically mobile phones. 

Kids either seem to get ignored whilst their parents sit glued to their phones or they're being filmed constantly like mini celebrities lol

On 12/26/2017 at 21:11, Bellend Sebastian said:

It's traditional for me to spend Boxing Day on my arse idly deciding what I might spend my Christmas money on, assuming that I've managed to get through the festivities without bankrupting myself.

I've reached peak consumer. Literally the only thing I can think of that I need is a stick on bird feeder for the window.

The ultimate first world problem

FYI... they dont work, birds dont land on them....and if one dared to, the sticky things are useless!!

6 hours ago, ozleicester said:

FYI... they dont work, birds dont land on them....and if one dared to, the sticky things are useless!!

I'm torn between being furious with you for crushing my dreams of close proximity bird observation and being grateful to you for imparting potentially valuable consumer information.

I need to go away and reflect further, on both this and the equally vexed question of 'do I need a leaf blower?'

1 minute ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

I'm torn between being furious with you for crushing my dreams of close proximity bird observation and being grateful to you for imparting potentially valuable consumer information.

I need to go away and reflect further, on both this and the equally vexed question of 'do I need a leaf blower?'

Leaf blowers are excellent... unless you live next to one.... I suggest getting a Chainsaw... they are THE BEST!

• Like 1