Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

5 hours ago, Buce said:

People with whom you share a mutual dislike buying birthday gifts, thus necessitating an awkward phone call expressing faux thanks for an unwelcome gift, insincerely given, merely to adhere to social convention.

Tell me about it, I hate buying the wife gifts too.

• Haha 2

29 minutes ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

Getting a job offer, sorting everything out, and then the offer being withdrawn because they shouldn't really have offered it in the first place.

There's nothing for it. I'm going to have to become a male prostitute

I know someone this happened too and he found out a few months later it was something to do with his Facebook profile and some unusual photos.

50 minutes ago, Strokes said:

I know someone this happened too and he found out a few months later it was something to do with his Facebook profile and some unusual photos.

My Facebook is just pictures of me doing my charity work, so I doubt that was the issue.

One of the events was a sponsored human centipede, maybe that was it

• Haha 3

56 minutes ago, Strokes said:

7 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Apparently some employers now try and Google certain applicant's details/postings etc to try and get more information on them..

Blimey, it’s a good job I don’t do social media. 

I’d never eat again. :dry:

On ‎19‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 16:06, Footballwipe said:

I absolutely do not understand mothers/fathers who PLASTER social media with pictures of their new child. I'm not a father, so maybe the below makes me heartless and I just "don't understand"

By all means, pose for a picture of your newborn after they're born. Of course, maybe after six months or a year you'd like to show us all how they're progressing. Let's face it, you're child in the first six months looks like any other baby, so it's only special to you and immediate family really.

What I do not want to see are any pictures of the following...

• Their first sleep
  • Every single outfit they wear
  • Posing with EVERY SINGLE family member
  • The first time they're outside in a buggy
  • When they have a funny hat on
  • When they're laughing
  • DEFINITELY not when they're crying
  • When you're relaxing when your child is asleep "First date night since INSERT NAME HERE arrived into our world"
  • When it's sitting in a buggy whilst you're eating out
  • Your baby with another baby I've seen countless times on my timeline already
  • Pictures of it "celebrating" its ONE WEEK (WTF)/One month/two month birthday

There are literally only so many times someone can like/love/wow your Facebook photos, and only so many generic comments about how cute/beautiful/gorgeous/sweet your baby looks before it gets old. Document your child's formative years, just don't inflict this on Facebook/Twitter/Instagram so publically.

Couldn't have put it better myself.

don't forget the daily snapchat updated photo that makes them look the complete opposite of what they actually look like, enough's enough

31 minutes ago, Tuna said:

My browser being invaded by intrusive Black Friday adverts from Amazon that you can't seem to get rid of.

I guess you could say you aren't dealing* with this very well

*Black friday sale now on - see all deals here.

Edited by Wookie
  • Haha 1

On 23/11/2017 at 17:43, Bellend Sebastian said:

Getting a job offer, sorting everything out, and then the offer being withdrawn because they shouldn't really have offered it in the first place.

There's nothing for it. I'm going to have to become a male prostitute

Bellend Substitution..

We have a massive problem with knife crime and what happens ...   on the front of yesterdays Mercury a man has been found guilty of attacking another innocent drinker outside a pub with a knife for no apparent reason  ......     he'd just been kicked out and was in a foul mood ...   he stabs the guy multiple times leaving puncture wounds in his head, chest and underarm ...    it was described as an 'unprovoked motiveless attack' and he was also charged with a separate assault.     He got 12 months !!  ...    out in 6.   That's really sending a message out isn't it !      (He was banned from going in the pub for 5 years though ..  that'll teach him !) ...    :nono:   

12 hours ago, Countryfox said:

We have a massive problem with knife crime and what happens ...   on the front of yesterdays Mercury a man has been found guilty of attacking another innocent drinker outside a pub with a knife for no apparent reason  ......     he'd just been kicked out and was in a foul mood ...   he stabs the guy multiple times leaving puncture wounds in his head, chest and underarm ...    it was described as an 'unprovoked motiveless attack' and he was also charged with a separate assault.     He got 12 months !!  ...    out in 6.   That's really sending a message out isn't it !      (He was banned from going in the pub for 5 years though ..  that'll teach him !) ...    :nono:   

A 17-year-old lad, who stabbed a stranger in the heart in St. Matthew's.., apparently smirked when his jail sentence was revealed to him..at the time of the incident he was on his way to a youth offender meeting and was reported to have been "very cheerful" during it not long after the incident..

You just don't know when or where these events can happen, and just shows there's people out there that should've been/should be carefully assessed when they were younger before letting them onto the streets. Although, regarding the alcohol-fuelled incident that you mentioned, it's hard to stop that type of thing happening unfortunately. I've seen people both be pleasant whilst after a few pints etc but also known some who aren't their true selves and put themselves and others in danger.

Edited by Wymeswold fox