Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

Morons who haven't got the balls to hold their hand up and just say sorry.

Few days ago, a woman parked in our delivery yard, which has a huge sign on the gate saying no customer parking (though to be fair, she wasn't even a customer, she was posting letters at the post box on our front) and she blocked in three vehicles who were about to leave. She noticed me give her a dirty look and gave me a load of verbal about how else can she post letters (the answer being, park in the side road thirty metres away and walk an extra 18 metres :dry:). To which I replied, "How would you like it if we came and parked across your drive?", then she said, "no need to get aggressive!" and I said, "I'm not being aggressive, you stupid woman!" and then she left, with me and a few other posties looking on in despair.

Today her husband came in to complain about me and said I called her a F'in Bitch. My manager knew I didn't, I never swear (Any perusal of my posts will show this). It just beggars belief that these people, who were in the wrong to start, feel they have any grounds to complain. It's like they feel they should be able to do what they like unchallenged and if anyone dares, we'll invent some cock and bull to get them in trouble.

Not the first time this has happened either, to me or other posties

2 hours ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

Morons who haven't got the balls to hold their hand up and just say sorry.

Few days ago, a woman parked in our delivery yard, which has a huge sign on the gate saying no customer parking (though to be fair, she wasn't even a customer, she was posting letters at the post box on our front) and she blocked in three vehicles who were about to leave. She noticed me give her a dirty look and gave me a load of verbal about how else can she post letters (the answer being, park in the side road thirty metres away and walk an extra 18 metres :dry:). To which I replied, "How would you like it if we came and parked across your drive?", then she said, "no need to get aggressive!" and I said, "I'm not being aggressive, you stupid woman!" and then she left, with me and a few other posties looking on in despair.

Today her husband came in to complain about me and said I called her a F'in Bitch. My manager knew I didn't, I never swear (Any perusal of my posts will show this). It just beggars belief that these people, who were in the wrong to start, feel they have any grounds to complain. It's like they feel they should be able to do what they like unchallenged and if anyone dares, we'll invent some cock and bull to get them in trouble.

frankie-howerd-pic-rex-256328675.jpg.34074add68ec78481d3a973ecec209f6.jpg

On 28/11/2017 at 22:41, Wymeswold fox said:

Although, regarding the alcohol-fuelled incident that you mentioned, it's hard to stop that type of thing happening unfortunately. I've seen people both be pleasant whilst after a few pints etc but also known some who aren't their true selves and put themselves and others in danger.

I disagree with that. People who are pleasant don’t carry knives around per se - then regardless of how drunk you get you don’t have a weapon to stab someone with. 

If you carry a knife then it shows a predisposition to violence and any use of it should be classed as pre-meditated  

5 minutes ago, winteriscoming said:

Was in Leicester the other day went to get a burger and there was 3 blokes in there. 1 serving 2 sitting down - ordered it and they then just spoke to themselves in a different language. It just made me angry. Would you of said anything or like me I just walked out? 

If you're gonna get pissed everytime you hear someone speak a different language in Leicester then you better get yourself some blood pressure pills. 

• Haha 4

11 minutes ago, winteriscoming said:

Was in Leicester the other day went to get a burger and there was 3 blokes in there. 1 serving 2 sitting down - ordered it and they then just spoke to themselves in a different language. It just made me angry. Would you of said anything or like me I just walked out? 

Perhaps he was telling his mates about the dreadful dose of the shits he's got, in which case, just as well you walked out.

In fairness mate, I'm struggling to think of anywhere in the English speaking world where there wouldn't be a good chance of this happening in the fast food joints there

41 minutes ago, winteriscoming said:

I assume you are trolling?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, winteriscoming said:

Not really sure what the issue is? That they were speaking a different language or were ignoring you?

Edited by Tuna

Proper first world problem this but I'll ask the question anyway.

What are people's opinion on working from home? Today I am the only person in the office, have no meetings internal or external and there is nothing I couldn't do from home. However the company, whilst really good to work for, is firmly against WFH. Seems pointless and a bit backwards on days like today.

27 minutes ago, Lovejoy said:

What are people's opinion on working from home? Today I am the only person in the office, have no meetings internal or external and there is nothing I couldn't do from home. However the company, whilst really good to work for, is firmly against WFH. Seems pointless and a bit backwards on days like today.

I guess it depends on your role. if others who dont have wfh option (due to nature of their role) complain that its unfair even though logistically it makes no sense then the company might want to avoid wfh to not p1ss off other employees. Sad, I know. 

I am all about wfh provided that you do either the same amount of work or more. That can be tricky to determine for some roles. 

I work in IT. We have deadlines and in a lot of instances predefined tasks. You get it done or you dont. If you dont well you will be found out.

I find that when wfh im less distracted by other colleagues,  avoid water cooler chat and can get more work done.

It just depends on how old schol your mgmt style is and if anyone of the mgmt is a micro manager. If they feel the need to be in control or show they are the boss then you're not working from home lol.

So many roles nowadays could wfh but until the old way of thinking changes it will be hit or miss depending on te company 

The only thing that makes me laugh is when companies don't allow wfh but expect you to wfh in evenings and weekends if it suits their needs. Dictators!

On 12/5/2017 at 16:48, Trav Le Bleu said:

The 'let's-point-the-finger-at-someone-else-even-if-it's-blantantly-fecking-obvious-to-a-brainless-badger-that-they-were-at-fault' attitude seems to be becoming increasingly common. Last week, someone at work ended up t-boning a woman that drove straight out of a junction. Despite the bloody great give way signs and white lines telling them to give way apparently it wasn't their fault. Think they tried to claim my work colleague was going too fast (they weren't, as is clearly obvious from the fairly low level of damage sustained); that they were actually turning right out of the junction instead of going straight on (not sure what difference this makes as they still have to give way irrespective of whatever direction they are going; and that the accident hadn't been reported to the police (it had as my work colleague has the incident number, it's just the police did their usual of not bothering to attend, but apparently they had the incident captured on CCTV)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lovejoy said:

You usually find that if your manager has to be in the office and cant work from home thats the reason they are against it.

I am in the same boat to be honest, i work about a 45 minute drive from home and could easily work from home 50% of the time but the days i do i actually get a lot more done as i will start work 45 mins early for a start. But they still dont like it as the boss has to be in pretty much 9-5 every day.

Mums that walk with their kids in a pushchair in a group of other mums with kids in pushchairs on a pavement ALONGSIDE EACH OTHER.

Yeah, no worries love i'll just step out into the traffic to get out of the way of your massive pram because you're yet to master the art of single file.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Lovejoy said:

Love it. 

My role changed to 'home-based working' and it made sense given the job I do.

Lots of pros and cons to it. The main pro being you're left to your own devices which include good time management and very good discipline.

The main con being it can get quite lonely and you can feel isolated at times. This can be easily rectified with the help/support of a good team and manager.

I work from home on occasion and it's great to avoid the commute but I'm not sure i'd want to do it full time. I like a bit of separation between home and work, and would definitely miss the social side of being at work.

That said I'd also love a proper 'work from anywhere' type gig so i could go and live in a beach hut in the tropics for half the year while still earning a good wage.