Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

Being propositioned by a colleague for a lift home every night for the foreseeable future because you happen to live within a mile of each other and they don't drive. If it were a colleague that I actually spoke to on a regular basis, or even once a day, I wouldn't mind but I barely see the woman. Now I have to either:-

A. Produce a convincing lie as to why I can't.

B. Refuse and, perhaps rightly so, look like a dick.

C. Accept and put up with it. 

The last person I car shared with became polyamorous and we ended up falling out as I was good friends with her other half (just your average falling out). I can only hope the same happens. 

Ruddy colleagues.  

32 minutes ago, David Guiza said:

Being propositioned by a colleague for a lift home every night for the foreseeable future because you happen to live within a mile of each other and they don't drive. If it were a colleague that I actually spoke to on a regular basis, or even once a day, I wouldn't mind but I barely see the woman. Now I have to either:-

The last person I car shared with became polyamorous and we ended up falling out as I was good friends with her other half (just your average falling out). I can only hope the same happens. 

Ruddy colleagues.  

You are going to the gym on the way home. Sorted. Can work every day.

Edited by Rogstanley
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, David Guiza said:

Ruddy colleagues.  

Awkward.

If they offered no money i'd go with B.  It's cheeky to ask and put someone in an awkward position especially if you aren't willing to foot some cost sharing. Sure some could call you scrooge but to me if i ask a favour then I will make sure to offer something in return (no sex unless shes fit and willing). Doesnt mean i'd necessarily take their money but its a test of character to me. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rogstanley said:

What if he is a fat b@stard that clearly doesnt work out?

What if she also happens to work out at the same gym and then still wants a lift home after the gym. lol

He needs to have 2 or 3 lies to backup each lie he has to tell

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, Wymeswold fox said:

People who go to games who actually rarely watch the game and just chatter amongst themselves and take various selfies.

Not sure about this, bud. 

In order of priority, watching the actual game is about the fourth or fifth on the list of reasons that I go to matches...

Is that just me?

24 minutes ago, Rogstanley said:

21 minutes ago, Jattdogg said:

What if he is a fat b@stard that clearly doesnt work out?

What if she also happens to work out at the same gym and then still wants a lift home after the gym. lol

He needs to have 2 or 3 lies to backup each lie he has to tell

24 minutes ago, Jattdogg said:

Awkward.

If they offered no money i'd go with B.  It's cheeky to ask and put someone in an awkward position especially if you aren't willing to foot some cost sharing. Sure some could call you scrooge but to me if i ask a favour then I will make sure to offer something in return (no sex unless shes fit and willing). Doesnt mean i'd necessarily take their money but its a test of character to me. 

I've opted with option D of giving her a lift Monday-Wednesday and then i'm at the gym Thursday and Friday and we settled on a sum for petrol money too. 

I'm already preparing the gym stories for the way home. I just love to pump that iron. 

• Like 3

Morons trying to take the moral highground over news stories. 

I saw a great one this weekend, when a woman won "Jeff's" £1million from Super 6 and some arsehole fan commented "Why are you giving away all that money when clubs like Hartlepool and Leyton Orient need it". He's either stupid enough to believe it actually comes out of Stelling's back pocket or he believes that the woman who did well enough to nail 6 exact score-lines doesn't deserve it because people at football clubs don't know how to manage their business. If you're going to stop a competition to spend money wisely, don't give it to a football club ffs.

Also honourable mentions to those moaning at Sky News getting an award for their Manchester terror attack coverage and people blindly defending Ant McPartlin's drink driving because of his mental health issues.

• Like 1

The followenglandaway lads, what’s the point in spending a few hundred quid going abroad to sing Don’t take me home in English style pubs and bars?

Amsterdam is a great city so it doesn’t make to sense to do exactly the same thing you’d do at Stoke away.

23 minutes ago, Wookie said:

The followenglandaway lads, what’s the point in spending a few hundred quid going abroad to sing Don’t take me home in English style pubs and bars?

Amsterdam is a great city so it doesn’t make to sense to do exactly the same thing you’d do at Stoke away.

seen some videos of fans throwing beer from bridges on to passing boats underneath and the passengers on them.

Really pisses me off cos beer is really expensive there and it shouldn't be wasted!

Yeah I’ve seen some of the videos of the England ‘fans’ and they are an embarrassment. You can have a drink, a sing song etc without being a dickhead. We weren’t much better in Seville from what I saw though. 

Wouldnt go near an England away at the minute, not because I don’t want to get attacked, but because I don’t want to be associated with the morons. 

Edited by RowlattsFox

Guest seanfox778

Mobile games that only work with an internet connection, I only play games if I don’t have internet for whatever reason. I’m looking at you Super Mario Run!

56 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

Yeah I’ve seen some of the videos of the England ‘fans’ and they are an embarrassment. You can have a drink, a sing song etc without being a dickhead. We weren’t much better in Seville from what I saw though. 

Wouldnt go near an England away at the minute, not because I don’t want to get attacked, but because I don’t want to be associated with the morons. 

Heard they've been chanting "**** off Europe, we all voted out" a lot as well. I'm sure the Dutch will miss the imbeciles terribly. Embarrassing.

People with them luggage bags on wheels. Not the entirety of people that use them - but people who get off trains, or get to the top of a flight of stairs, and immediately stop to pull the ****ing handle out. Carry it five yards to a spot people aren't rushing about in you ****ing blert.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

People with them luggage bags on wheels. Not the entirety of people that use them - but people who get off trains, or get to the top of a flight of stairs, and immediately stop to pull the ****ing handle out. Carry it five yards to a spot people aren't rushing about in you ****ing blert.

Especially when they wheel it about 2 feet and then have to put the handle down again for some more stairs!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Facecloth said:

Especially when they wheel it about 2 feet and then have to put the handle down again for some more stairs!

It's enough to boil anyone's piss it really is.

Also I read the two quotes in your signature as if they're somehow related. Like Finnegan had to leave the forum in shame after a ten incher late on.