Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

On 3/7/2018 at 15:24, ozleicester said:

:) The costs to buy your way out here are insane. Which state are you looking at, what field of work?

Just remember when you get here that when  you vote "Liberal" you are voting Conservative, something to do with being upside down  

Ideally Perth, and I am a CIMA qualified accountant (CPA equivalent) working in pretty senior roles.

44 minutes ago, Jon the Hat said:

Ideally Perth, and I am a CIMA qualified accountant (CPA equivalent) working in pretty senior roles.

Perth is wonderful, hot though... really really hot :)

Im sure the mining companies will be queuing for your services :)

1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

The Rachel Riley obsession on this forum is not only a dreadful forced meme it's also weirdly creepy. 

(if your response to this is to post a picture of Rachel Riley, get in the bin)

It was funny at first but quickly died a death with the same weirdos posting and liking each other's 'Rachel' posts which are almost identical every time

27 minutes ago, Wookie said:

It was funny at first but quickly died a death with the same weirdos posting and liking each other's 'Rachel' posts which are almost identical every time

It was never really funny to be honest. As with most forced memes, the original post is worth a cuckle, everything that follows is just wildly unfunny people parroting that shit in a desperate bid to get a laugh. 

On 08/03/2018 at 10:12, Footballwipe said:

I dunno why but I feel like I've posted this gripe before. Anyway. Inspired by a Tweet I saw, I'm really not okay with the pressure that gets PILED on couples entering their late 20's to have kids if they're childless.

People I know have recently had children and instantly it's "oooh you'll have this soon," or the even worse "So when will it be your turn. Won't be long after you get married, will it?" No, just no. You're in a position where you want kids, and that's fine. Why is it suddenly a prerequisite in some people's eyes for a couple to have a child when they settle down. Very frustrating.

I am convinced there are couples who have had kids just to keep their friends/family happy.

Having kids is a selfish act

Raising them isn't, but there is a big difference between the two.

6 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Might sound a bit hard brexit but it pisses me off when people say simple words in a foreign language and think they're the dogs bollocks for it.

Merci for sharing that.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Might sound a bit hard brexit but it pisses me off when people say simple words in a foreign language and think they're the dogs bollocks for it.

Mange tout, Rodney.

• Haha 1

Just now, Webbo said:

Merci for sharing that.

That's spot on.

Some bellend walked into the office and said "BONJOUR" annoyingly loud, proceeded to answer questions with "SI" and then walked out saying "CIAO".

Do one mate.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

15 hours ago, AKCJ said:

I am always saying the few Portuguese words I know to my Portuguese colleagues. I was hoping it was endearing, but they probably think I'm just a massive c*** now that I think about it.

"Imagine the media coverage that goal would have got if _________ scored it"

Good goals get replayed over and over again regardless of who scores it, saw someone saying that if Kane scored Vardy's goal we wouldn't hear the end of it despite Lampard saying it was his favourite goal of the season on match of the day ffs

17 hours ago, AKCJ said:

That's spot on.

Some bellend walked into the office and said "BONJOUR" annoyingly loud, proceeded to answer questions with "SI" and then walked out saying "CIAO".

Do one mate.

lollollollollol

You'd hate me. I say bonjour a reasonable amount in my best Vinnie Jones in Snatch voice. 

I'm also prone to do a frequent Eddie Izzard imitation ciao as well. 

After watching too much Gomorrah I spent at least a week saying grazi to everyone that passed me a cup of tea. 

There's nothing like a Scandi drama to get me "tak"-ing at everyone too. 

I should stress nearly all of these are just with friends and colleagues that know me pretty well, I do it pretty tongue in cheek and I'm always doing odd accents and impressions around the place. It's just my dorky sense of humour, it's absolutely not any attempt at appearing cultured or sophisticated. lol

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Wookie said:

"Imagine the media coverage that goal would have got if _________ scored it"

Good goals get replayed over and over again regardless of who scores it, saw someone saying that if Kane scored Vardy's goal we wouldn't hear the end of it despite Lampard saying it was his favourite goal of the season on match of the day ffs

I 95% agree with this, however some Harry Kane offside tap in or a Salah four foot toepoke will still win goal of the season. 

How Dele Ali won goal of the season ahead of Vardy in 15/16 for a bit of skill I - literally here - can pull off myself I'll never know. I never understood the hype for that goal, he just flicked a ball over someone's head.

There are pub footballers that can pull that off, you just have to be cheeky. 

Pulling off that Vardy hit against Liverpool? 99.99999% of us would have shanked it in to row Z over our shoulders, collapsed in a heap and dislocated something. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

lollollollollol

You'd hate me. I say bonjour a reasonable amount in my best Vinnie Jones in Snatch voice. 

I'm also prone to do a frequent Eddie Izzard imitation ciao as well. 

After watching too much Gomorrah I spent at least a week saying grazi to everyone that passed me a cup of tea. 

There's nothing like a Scandi drama to get me "tak"-ing at everyone too. 

I should stress nearly all of these are just with friends and colleagues that know me pretty well, I do it pretty tongue in cheek and I'm always doing odd accents and impressions around the place. It's just my dorky sense of humour, it's absolutely not any attempt at appearing cultured or sophisticated. lol

Yeah theres the difference.

This turd came in yesterday thinking he was all suave.

2 hours ago, z-layrex said:

I am always saying the few Portuguese words I know to my Portuguese colleagues. I was hoping it was endearing, but they probably think I'm just a massive c*** now that I think about it.

I find people appreciate it when you make token efforts to use their language, depending on how you go about it of course.  For instance there's an Italian girl at work who finds it hilarious when I throw in the odd scusi, grazie or ma che cazzo, but no doubt she'd think me a massive jeb end if I always greeted her with a ciao bella.  I've never met anyone who didn't appreciate hearing some of their local curse words, getting them to teach you new ones is pretty much guaranteed to be met with enthusiasm.

Fact is us Brits have a bit of a rep for xenoglossophobia so it tends to come as a pleasant surprise when you engage with people on their terms even in the most basic way.  Of course you can always ask these guys if they're tired of hearing the same few words yet.

When it comes to everyday conversation though Finners pretty much sums it up above for me.

3 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

however some Harry Kane offside tap in or a Salah four foot toepoke will still win goal of the season. 

I know you're not 100% serious but that's blatantly untrue. It wasn't just the flick it was the volley too - All is a runty twat but it was a fantastic goal you can't reduce it to what pub players can do lol

18 hours ago, AKCJ said:

That's spot on.

Do one mate.

When I moved to Germany I discovered everyone says ciao and I hated it. I thought it was proper pretentious with the ciao and 2 cheek kisses.

Now I say ciao and I am happy to receive a punch if I ever mutter the word in Britain. 

1 minute ago, Wookie said:

I know you're not 100% serious but that's blatantly untrue. It wasn't just the flick it was the volley too - All is a runty twat but it was a fantastic goal you can't reduce it to what pub players can do lol

Obvious hyperbole, yes, but it's a pretty good example of a goal that wouldn't have anywhere near the hype if Charlie Adam or Joe Allen or someone had done it. 

It was pulled off by (at the time) the London media's favourite footballer which is the only reason it won. 

As with everything on Foxestalk, there's two wildly opposing trends regarding Tottenham. There's "ah shit bottlers they're shit Kane is crap wankers he's a pub footballer Shinji is a better striker" and then there's the "Tottenham are majestic you're all bitter I'm going to show how much of an impartial unbiased football genius I am by admitting Dele Ali is the next Ronaldinho."

Look, I'm capable of standing in the middle. They're a good team, not a great one. Kane and Ali are exceptional talents, they're probably not (the latter anyway) world class. Ali scored a good goal, top ten for the season, I couldn't really pull it off in all reality, no. I'm obviously exaggerating. 

But don't let that distract from the point. Vardy's goal (especially if you factor in the ridiculous assist) was football perfection, was the better goal aesthetically, was the more difficult technically and should have won the ****ing Puskas let alone the Premier league goal of the season. 

It seemed to only really get written off because people believed Vardy wasn't technical enough to have meant it. I'd like to think now he's repeated the feat twice people are starting to realise he's a lot more gifted than he's been given credit for - hence Lampard and others actually acknowledging this one was majestic.