Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

23 minutes ago, lgfualol said:

When I moved to Germany I discovered everyone says ciao and I hated it. I thought it was proper pretentious with the ciao and 2 cheek kisses.

Now I say ciao and I am happy to receive a punch if I ever mutter the word in Britain. 

The absolute worst are those who say "ciao for now" as if they're asking for a kicking.

On 09/03/2018 at 16:40, Finnegan said:

It was never really funny to be honest. As with most forced memes, the original post is worth a chuckle, everything that follows is just wildly unfunny people parroting that shit in a desperate bid to get a laugh. 

Are you talking about memes or my eleven years on the forum

On 09/03/2018 at 14:44, Finnegan said:

The Rachel Riley obsession on this forum is not only a dreadful forced meme it's also weirdly creepy. 

(if your response to this is to post a picture of Rachel Riley, get in the bin)

iu.jpeg.9ee086c7061cd3bbf85647dcbde2969c.jpeg

On 12/03/2018 at 14:58, AKCJ said:

Might sound a bit hard brexit but it pisses me off when people say simple words in a foreign language and think they're the dogs bollocks for it.

Folk that over pronounce the 'a' in theatre make me smile, it can sound a bit pretentious. 

A reporter on the news last night (Salisbury poisoning item) mentioned the restaurant Zizzi. He pronounced 'restaurant' the French way. Zizzi's Italian. Made me chuckle. 

Edited by CarbonVirtine

On 13/03/2018 at 12:04, RonnieTodger said:

Whenever a football fan dies at a game, literally every tribute is "No-one should go to a football game and not come home" like it's a really profound sentence. 

I don't know why it annoys me so much.

I do agree with this. I understand when the sentence is used re ; Hillsborough, Heysel, Bradford etc as they are huge tragedies. But people die each day in different ways at different times so to say that when someone has had a heart attack in the stadium is odd as it has largely nothing to do with footy. It was just his time

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Those Nationwide adverts with the two singing knobheads are the worst, but their #relatable #heartwarming spoken word shit performed exclusively by northerners talking about twee shit like their nan and putting the kettle on make me want to kill.

Could always be worse mate. 

article-0-0C300C3C00000578-861_468x339.j

2 minutes ago, SystonFox said:

I’d rather bang Howard from the halfiax ads than those two munts on the nationwide ads. They have very punchable faces

you got that all wrong, they cant sing with a mouthful of cock

4 hours ago, Finnegan said:

Could always be worse mate. 

article-0-0C300C3C00000578-861_468x339.j

Eh, I'd rather have him back than Top Cat trying to sell me a mortgage. You're buying a bloody bin.

Also, the outtakes they put on those adverts make me far more annoyed than they should. Why are you animating how it's not supposed to go?

1 minute ago, The Doctor said:

Eh, I'd rather have him back than Top Cat trying to sell me a mortgage. You're buying a bloody bin.

Also, the outtakes they put on those adverts make me far more annoyed than they should. Why are you animating how it's not supposed to go?

Tbf there's a good metaphor about the housing market in that.

15 minutes ago, Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo said:

The token woman commentator on MOTD, absolutely nothing to do with her being a woman, just that when anything remotely interesting happens she tries desperately to bloke-up her voice and sounds like she's trying to pass a particularly big kidney stone

I noticed this.

"YAN CHORLAY YADDAM, YAS BIN SYENT YOFF"

"CHYENK TYOSUN, WITH HIS THYIRD GYOAL IN AS MYANY GYAMES, HE FYUUUUUUIRES IT IN"

On 13/03/2018 at 20:04, RonnieTodger said:

Whenever a football fan dies at a game, literally every tribute is "No-one should go to a football game and not come home" like it's a really profound sentence. 

I don't know why it annoys me so much.

On 16/03/2018 at 07:03, SystonFox said:

I do agree with this. I understand when the sentence is used re ; Hillsborough, Heysel, Bradford etc as they are huge tragedies. But people die each day in different ways at different times so to say that when someone has had a heart attack in the stadium is odd as it has largely nothing to do with footy. It was just his time

in addition to this... "He/She died doing what she loved"...

NO!

he/she loved surfing, they did NOT love being chewed up by a shark...

he/she liked flying a helicopter, they did NOT love plummeting to the ground at 90 mile an hour.

• Haha 2

27 minutes ago, winteriscoming said:

All week the media and pundits going on about seville beating man utd and not once have I heard them mention that we beat them in the champions league last season. It just pisses me off how were just forgotten about. 

Because it's no longer current?

• Like 1