Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

2 hours ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

My favourite cashpoint is the Natwest in Birstall, so responsive. What's everybody else's favourite cashpoints?

2 hours ago, SystonFox said:

Wasn’t there a lad on here who purposefully took ages at cash points to annoy other humans?

personally I like Tesco express Birstall ; really crisp fivers

2 hours ago, Countryfox said:

My least favourite is the one on Aylestone road near Cavendish road ..  cus it gives out  £10 NOTES ...  yep ten pound bloody notes !! ..   a fistful of those nasty little plastic things ..   don’t fold over proper and guaranteed to stick together...   which is NOT what you want when off down the pub ...    disgraceful banking !!

2 hours ago, The Doctor said:

Some do, some don't. Only really seen fivers from cash points at ones near universities or student accommodation mind.

2 hours ago, SystonFox said:

Yes mate get over to Birstall. Crisp fivers there

1 hour ago, ScouseFox said:

tesco express/metro gaffs love a fiver at a cashy. GOAT. 

7 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

If I put in that I want £40+, I sometimes get 4-fives and two-tens etc.

I tend to notice that I get them more when on the outskirts of the city, and less of them whilst in the city.

Just found this. Check it out ATM lovers :thumbup:

HOLE IN THE WALL 

New app reveals your nearest free cash point and even tells you which ones dispense £5 notes

A map on the app will show where the free ATMs are across the country, so you'll no longer be stung with extra charges

https://www.thesun.co.uk/money/3460899/new-app-reveals-your-nearest-free-cash-point-and-even-tells-you-which-ones-dispense-5-notes/

Tesco express are generally pretty quick but also have a lot of skimmers. Is that the right word? (bad people who try to steal you money at ATMs). I actually just had to look up what ATM stood for ??

Co-op machines are the worst. you have to wait to put your card in and then wait and answer some stupid questions about receipts and balance.

See you all at Foxestalk ATM Expo August 2018

1 hour ago, cambridgefox said:

I could give a speech.

many,many years ago I used to work for a bank and one of my first jobs was balancing,loading,filling up the machines.Sometimes I even got to post out retained cards.

All interesting stuff.

Go on ask me a 1990s based ATM question! 

Where was the first drive-through cash machine (1998) located?

In-branch ATM’s are clearly superior due to the much wider range of services they provide. The downside is they’re only available when the branch is open. 

The worst are those nasty standalone dial up jobs you get inside shops like spar.

My favourite physical feature on an ATM is a mirror so you can make sure some bastard isn’t trying to steal your pin.

My least favourite physical feature is when they’re too low and you have to stoop to enter your PIN.

What’s everybody’s PIN numbers?

Edited by Rogstanley
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Rogstanley said:

In-branch ATM’s are clearly superior due to the much wider range of services they provide. The downside is they’re only available when the branch is open. 

The worst are those nasty standalone dial up jobs you get inside shops like spar.

My favourite physical feature on an ATM is a mirror so you can make sure some bastard isn’t trying to steal your pin.

My least favourite physical feature is when they’re too low and you have to stoop to enter your PIN.

What’s everybody’s PIN numbers?

8008 obviously because it looks like boob and makes me chuckle.

• Like 1

On 28/02/2018 at 18:25, oakman said:

The TUI advert with the gap-toothed girl singing. Her voice goes right through me.

Also have to put to TV on mute whenever a Go Compare ad comes on.

Me too, Jess Glynne is horrific. Actually makes me angry every time she's on the radio. 

Small talk gets on my nerves. I don't know how anyone can be arsed to talk about weather, clocks going forward and being "alright for a monday". 

Edited by RonnieTodger

3 minutes ago, RonnieTodger said:

Small talk gets on my nerves. I don't know how anyone can be arsed to talk about weather, clocks going forward and being "alright for a monday". 

I love a bit of small talk but what grinds my gears is the typical and predictable British response to a very simple question...

Q: ”How are you today?”

A: “Not TOO bad”

It’s such a boring, negative and mundane answer but 99% of our dumb population spout it out. You’d rarely get that response in the USA for example.

When someone asks it to me, I say “I’m absolutely fvcking outstanding today thanks” and they look at me gone out :D

Sometimes I substitute outstanding for ‘magnificent’ or ‘fantastic’ if I’m feeling adventurous :thumbup:

17 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

I love a bit of small talk but what grinds my gears is the typical and predictable British response to a very simple question...

Q: ”How are you today?”

A: “Not TOO bad”

It’s such a boring, negative and mundane answer but 99% of our dumb population spout it out. You’d rarely get that response in the USA for example.

When someone asks it to me, I say “I’m absolutely fvcking outstanding today thanks” and they look at me gone out :D

Sometimes I substitute outstanding for ‘magnificent’ or ‘fantastic’ if I’m feeling adventurous :thumbup:

Sorry Izzy but...

image.png.90fcd0799f11b928eb3999b6a3bb91fa.png

Edited by ajthefox
  • Like 2