Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

27 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I would ****ing love to. 

More to the point, so would most of my Asian colleagues who would probably not only find it amusing but help me find one. 

My Japanese friends are always trying to get us to embrace and partake in Japanese culture and dress, they think its partly hilarious and partly cool, they want us to like and experience it. 

It's only little bellends who live their life on twitter and a few snobbish "academics" that seem to have anointed themselves the guardian of their chosen culture that actually really give a flying ****. 

Telling the Kardashian bird she can't braid her hair is like me telling you lot you can't eat Welsh cakes because you're the oppressors. 

This is just another case of bashing whitey.

Black people have been straightening their hair for decades.

1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

Which bit? 

It happens a lot at the moment, I've just seen the Kardashian headline on the BBC this morning. 

That's another thing that grinds my gears as well mind, twitter reacting to Kim Kardashian's hair do isn't ****ing news anyway, get it off my front page. 

The prom dress. 

I agree with all that you say anyway. 

Guest MattP

Of all the batshit crazy stuff we've seen recently I think cultural appropriation probably tops the list, after being told for so long to ignore race based customs it's a complete role reversal to tell people to notice it and be wary. 

@Finnegan There is a picture on Facebook somewhere of me dancing in my Sherwani - I'll be honest I thought I'd feel uncomfortable but after a few minutes you really start to enjoy the difference of wearing something totally new.

Edited by MattP
Sherwani whoops

32 minutes ago, MattP said:

Of all the batshit crazy stuff we've seen recently I think cultural appropriation probably tops the list, after being told for so long to ignore race based customs it's a complete role reversal to tell people to notice it and be wary. 

@Finnegan There is a picture on Facebook somewhere of me dancing in my Sherwani - I'll be honest I thought I'd feel uncomfortable but after a few minutes you really start to enjoy the difference of wearing something totally new.

Depends on the context I suppose. There's a photo of myself and my friends on my Facebook banner (or there was, I can't remember what it is at the moment, probably Rob Earnshaw or something) of us all in hakama and hakamashita at a traditional onsen ryokan where it was actually more or less mandatory. 

I wouldn't say I particularly felt overly self conscious. 

I probably would if I decided to wear it to the Blackbird for a beer and a burger though. lol

Guest MattP
7 minutes ago, Samilktray said:

White people don't have the right hair for braids/dreads etc. It just looks a bit stupid 

They don't, but it's a great way for them to show us how dippy they are without even opening their mouths so at least keep the option open for them.

Nothing screams "trust fund" like a white kid with dreads.

2 hours ago, MattP said:

They don't, but it's a great way for them to show us how dippy they are without even opening their mouths so at least keep the option open for them.

Nothing screams "trust fund" like a white kid with dreads.

Funny, I've only ever met 3 white folk with dreads and it's safe to say they all fall within the bottom tax bracket... perhaps they do it as an aspirational thing. :ph34r:

The woman on the Giffgaff advert who thinks it's 1976, and it's another fvcking advert featuring a shit poem. Stop doing poem adverts. Not as bad as that obese old bint on the banking advert who does a terrible poem with her bingo wings flapping then looks up at the ceiling for no reason like an absolute fruitbag

Also JustEat "Magic is Real". Not as bad as Hungry House trying to mimic Gogglebox. And the Halifax cartoon ones, totally pointless. Basically all the adverts

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo said:

The woman on the Giffgaff advert who thinks it's 1976, and it's another fvcking advert featuring a shit poem. Stop doing poem adverts. Not as bad as that obese old bint on the banking advert who does a terrible poem with her bingo wings flapping then looks up at the ceiling for no reason like an absolute fruitbag

Also JustEat "Magic is Real". Not as bad as Hungry House trying to mimic Gogglebox. And the Halifax cartoon ones, totally pointless. Basically all the adverts

That Vauxhall Corsa advert with the women sat in it bobbing their heads along to some dance music is wearing thin with me now.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo said:

6 hours ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

That Vauxhall Corsa advert with the women sat in it bobbing their heads along to some dance music is wearing thin with me now.

That fvcking Lloyds Bank advert with all them horses on the beach. What the fvck is that all about?

Accompanied by the slow ballad "You're not alone" and the token disabled, pregnant and ethnic minority people all together stroking horses noses.

What a crock of shit and a piss poor bank from my experience. Get in the bin

• Like 2

How did she get the car stereo on?

How did she roll down the electric window?

Did she have the keys? 

Why did she have the keys?

Why wasn't the man supervising her if she had the keys?

Why has she taken her mother with her?

Is it because mummy is going to pay for the car?

Why hasn't someone already gone over to tell her to turn the music down?

Why is she so ignorant not to answer his questions but to simply ignore him?

Why hasn't the salesman tried to upsell her to an Insignia or three models up like they always do?

These are some of the many questions that run through my head when I see this advert.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

That fvcking Lloyds Bank advert with all them horses on the beach. What the fvck is that all about?

Accompanied by the slow ballad "You're not alone" and the token disabled, pregnant and ethnic minority people all together stroking horses noses.

What a crock of shit and a piss poor bank from my experience. Get in the bin

There's a McCain radio advert at the moment which is properly bizarre. It basically says "gay people love gay people, trans people love trans people, black people ditto. It's all fine, don't worry about it. McCain chips, buy them"

I'm not even kidding, listen out for it

• Like 1

That does my head in. It also bothers me that I think the girl in the driver's seat is meant to be 17-18 years old, but she could pass for about 35

Edited by Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo
  • Like 2