Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

Just now, Steve_Walsh5 said:

I’m city council so I get a bin & then some orange bags for recycling. 

Though we have recently just got a letter saying they are looking at only emptying the bin once every two weeks. We are only a family of 3 but our bin needs emptying on a weekly basis. 

The way it works down here is that they empty the big green (general rubbish) bin and the big blue (recycling bin) alternate weeks. It almost forces you to recycle because if we didn't, the big green bin would be overflowing. It works out prefect actually and suggests almost exactly half of our rubbish is recyclable. 

The small food waste caddy is emptied every week with either bin and that's almost always full as we can't fit food waste in with the normal rubbish.

We are a family of four but the system kinda works and I feel like I'm doing my bit and doing it right.

But the Council tax down here is fvckin extortionate :(

• Like 1

Not recycling bugs the shit out of me.

So much energy and resources go into making every plastic container, every cardboard box, every aluminium tin and every glass jar you use.

All you have to do is give it a quick rinse if necessary and put it into a different container, it's so easy. 

• Like 3

We recycle, I do my bit but it bugs me that more packaging is not recyclable.

Charnwood council are pretty good with it, they do only do alternate collections but if you want a bigger recycling allocation they will give you a bigger bin or an extra bin. Once I did that, it eased the burden because you naturally want to recycle so you don’t fill the general waste bin.

• Like 2

The phrase “Early bird discount” when selling tickets for events.

Don’t know why but it bugs the shit out of me and reaks of desperation and fear from the organisers that it won’t sell out.

Wtf so we aren't all on the same bin terms? I get a big black bin for general shit then 2 red bins one for glass one for plastic then a bag for card. The general and recycling are emptied alternate weeks. It's s bit of a hassle with the recycling wish we could just chuck it all in one.

42 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

Wtf so we aren't all on the same bin terms? I get a big black bin for general shit then 2 red bins one for glass one for plastic then a bag for card. The general and recycling are emptied alternate weeks. It's s bit of a hassle with the recycling wish we could just chuck it all in one.

Yeah we have one recycling bin for everything, would be a nightmare if we had to separate it.

In Charnwood it's a green bin for recycling and a grey bin for everything else. It alternates each week which one gets collected. When we moved into our new house we had 2 green bins which we always manage to fill, the grey bin's barely gets half full.

Whats the deal with people completely absolving themselves of their responsibility to look after their old folks? 

People shove their oldies in a home, or get home care and then moan when the state don't pull out all the stops to give them a 5 star living experience.

1 minute ago, CarbonVirtine said:

People saying 'tbf' having just said (or about to say) something that's anything but fair! lol

Actually, it makes me laugh rather than irritates me. It seems akin to a vocal tic and can be ignored 

Like people saying "Well, to be honest......"

Then I jump in and say "No, don't be honest. Lie to me please" 

14 minutes ago, CarbonVirtine said:

People saying 'tbf' having just said (or about to say) something that's anything but fair! lol

Actually, it makes me laugh rather than irritates me. It seems akin to a vocal tic and can be ignored 

like those that say 'I'm not racist but...' as if that justifies the racist thing they're about to follow up with lol 

9 hours ago, StanSP said:

like those that say 'I'm not racist but...' as if that justifies the racist thing they're about to follow up with lol 

Reminds me of the Ned Stark phrase: 'anything said before the word 'but' is shit'

11 hours ago, StanSP said:

I'm not sure that's always true; often it's a pre-emptive response to the inevitable accusations of racism that are levelled at people who broach certain subjects.

14 hours ago, StanSP said:

My mother doesn't say that, because she's quite open about her racism. The reason that people like her get furious about being called a racist is nothing to do with the accusation being inaccurate, it's that being racist is now seen as a bad thing, and frankly, nobody likes change, do they?

****ing Fortnite can ****ing **** off. sick of my kids arguing over, shouting at it, and now my son running around crying because he cant find the power supply for his nintendo switch because, its on switch now and the fact its THE SAME ****ING GAME  doesnt matter to him. 

• Like 1