Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

Got an email from Paddy Power saying my account has been removed as a security measure after someone (in Vietnam) attempted multiple logins. Turns out my Betfair account had been frozen too but they didn't email me, so now I'm having to go through EVERY website I have linked to that email address in case any attempts were successful. What a ballache this is.

Luckily all my betting accounts have zero credit so they can't withdraw anything but I'm still pissed off

2 minutes ago, Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo said:

Got an email from Paddy Power saying my account has been removed as a security measure after someone (in Vietnam) attempted multiple logins. Turns out my Betfair account had been frozen too but they didn't email me, so now I'm having to go through EVERY website I have linked to that email address in case any attempts were successful. What a ballache this is.

Luckily all my betting accounts have zero credit so they can't withdraw anything but I'm still pissed off

Maybe they'll pick a few winners for you?

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Webbo said:

Maybe they'll pick a few winners for you?

Maybe! More worried that if they successfully log in I guess it's quite easy to get all your bank details, so I'm going to be watching my Natwest account like a hawk for the next few days

My William Hill account was locked, just had to go through all the security shit on live chat to be told "It's locked because you haven't logged in for over year". What a waste of an evening this is

Edited by Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo
  • Like 1

Recruitment firms - asking if I would consider a move, to which I suggested that I may be tempted, but only if it were a better opportunity and closer to home. Naturally they have since come back with either A. awful places or B. 90 mile round trip commutes. The chaps in question can't have a huge success rate if that is their tactical approach. 

On 16/05/2018 at 12:00, Nalis said:

The Harry Kane jokes in reference to the infamous claimed goal. They got old very quickly.

I'm reminded of those fekking Hitler rant videos... they're past tiresome. The first one I saw, and it must have been a good 15 years ago, was novel and worth a smile.... but there are people still doing them... it's enough to have me making one of those Hitler rant videos.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, David Guiza said:

Recruitment firms 

You do realise you could have left it at that. No reasoning beyond that is required.

They're like estate agents in their inability to return calls. It's like there's a tacit understanding - if you have to call me then the answer was no. I don't get it. Do call charges come out of their commission or something?

• Haha 2

31 minutes ago, CarbonVirtine said:

You do realise you could have left it at that. No reasoning beyond that is required.

They're like estate agents in their inability to return calls. It's like there's a tacit understanding - if you have to call me then the answer was no. I don't get it. Do call charges come out of their commission or something?

Very true!

I also told one gent that I didn't want to be considered for a firm because their office hours are ridiculous, I then receive confirmation of interview. I'm sure some love working in a commission based job but it would be my personal hell. 

http://www.dw.com/en/germanys-refugee-agency-faces-new-claims-in-asylum-scandal/a-43864811

What grinds my gears about this is that someone was so stupid to do something like this right now that is practically tailor-made for the ADF and other related groups to gain political capital from.

What was it someone said about evil triumphing because good is dumb?

Emails from companies papping themselves over all this GDPR stuff. FFS the amount of emails I’m getting this from people who haven’t contacted me in years asking me if I still want to ‘stay in touch’

I get all the legal implications but I sense some SME’s, sole traders and independents are going a bit OTT. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

Emails from companies papping themselves over all this GDPR stuff. FFS the amount of emails I’m getting this from people who haven’t contacted me in years asking me if I still want to ‘stay in touch’

I get all the legal implications but I sense some SME’s, sole traders and independents are going a bit OTT. 

what are SMEs?

To be fair, it is a massive change and a I think a lot of companies/organisations are shitting themselves a little but at the same time, erring on the side of caution. Might as well join in with everyone else at the same time and let people know they're aware what's going on with the massive change. I bet if a company didn't send an e-mail out would get criticism (not from you maybe, but in general) that they didn't send any notification out and then get called out for looking like they're ignoring this GDPR stuff. 

7 minutes ago, StanSP said:

what are SMEs?

To be fair, it is a massive change and a I think a lot of companies/organisations are shitting themselves a little but at the same time, erring on the side of caution. Might as well join in with everyone else at the same time and let people know they're aware what's going on with the massive change. I bet if a company didn't send an e-mail out would get criticism (not from you maybe, but in general) that they didn't send any notification out and then get called out for looking like they're ignoring this GDPR stuff. 

Small and medium sized enterprises. 

22 hours ago, Tuna said:

Nice house.

His parents have won their court plea to make him move out.

No household parent should let others live in their property who are unwilling to help with the bills that come up with living there etc.

Should give this guy a lesson on how to support a household whilst living there and respect in general.

6 minutes ago, StanSP said:

what are SMEs?

Small & Medium size Enterprises (small businesses)

I'm getting loads of e-mails from other small businesses (independent contractors/one man bands) I've done work with in the past, asking me if I still want to be on their database. Some of these people are associates and even friends so why the fvck are you asking me this?

My understanding is that all of this is aimed at B2C not B2B but every man and his dog is doing it. I understand it's an opportunity to clear up ones database, but some people are using this GDPR to make themselves and their business appear 'bigger and more important' than they are. 

Could just me me though :D

15 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

Agree - I think everyone who’s ever emailed me has emailed me again in the past week, asking if they can email me...

And (as a business owner) I have no idea what I’m supposed to do about GDPR. I’ve looked on the website and am still clueless. :blink:

1 minute ago, Milo said:

Agree - I think everyone who’s ever emailed me has emailed me again in the past week, asking if they can email me...

And (as a business owner) I have no idea what I’m supposed to do about GDPR. I’ve looked on the website and am still clueless. :blink:

Me too :blink:

I thought this was all aimed at big corporates around protecting customers data, but it seems to have morphed into something much bigger (and unnecessary)

I'm sure I heard that B2B is excluded from all this but it's very confusing. Saying that, I don't send out e-mails, blogs, newsletters and all that so it doesn't really effect me. But surely people can just 'unsubscribe' to stuff rather that having to 'opt in' again?

Bizarre... 

15 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

Small & Medium size Enterprises (small businesses)

I'm getting loads of e-mails from other small businesses (independent contractors/one man bands) I've done work with in the past, asking me if I still want to be on their database. Some of these people are associates and even friends so why the fvck are you asking me this?

My understanding is that all of this is aimed at B2C not B2B but every man and his dog is doing it. I understand it's an opportunity to clear up ones database, but some people are using this GDPR to make themselves and their business appear 'bigger and more important' than they are. 

Could just me me though :D

7 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

Me too :blink:

I thought this was all aimed at big corporates around protecting customers data, but it seems to have morphed into something much bigger (and unnecessary)

I'm sure I heard that B2B is excluded from all this but it's very confusing. Saying that, I don't send out e-mails, blogs, newsletters and all that so it doesn't really effect me. But surely people can just 'unsubscribe' to stuff rather that having to 'opt in' again?

Bizarre... 

it's all businesses. small, medium or large!

They have to be compliant so they've probably just e-mailed everyone on their mailing list? They're not gonna pick out people they may or may not know given they could have 100s or 1000s of e-mail addresses on their lists. 

It's not about clearing up databases - they need to make sure they have the customer's consent to still use their data. With GDPR, the customer has more power and control over their own data. Before it wasn't so one-sided, but GDPR gives it pretty much back to the customer in its entirety. 

GDPR has been on the cards for at least a year. Surely your businesses would have been contacted or consulted by ICO? It's not like it's just happened over the past few days. It may have got more publicity recently because of it going live on Friday, but this has been talked about for around a year I'm sure.

8 minutes ago, StanSP said:

it's all businesses. small, medium or large!

They have to be compliant so they've probably just e-mailed everyone on their mailing list? They're not gonna pick out people they may or may not know given they could have 100s or 1000s of e-mail addresses on their lists. 

It's not about clearing up databases - they need to make sure they have the customer's consent to still use their data. With GDPR, the customer has more power and control over their own data. Before it wasn't so one-sided, but GDPR gives it pretty much back to the customer in its entirety. 

GDPR has been on the cards for at least a year. Surely your businesses would have been contacted or consulted by ICO? It's not like it's just happened over the past few days. It may have got more publicity recently because of it going live on Friday, but this has been talked about for around a year I'm sure.

I thought this was all recent and on the back of the Facebook/Cambridge Analytica scandal stuff. I had no idea it had been on the cards for a year.

The ball ache for me is that these businesses probably have a combination of customers, suppliers, associates, friends and even family on the same database! 

As this is just aimed at customers, it means I'm getting e-mails off every cvnt and his cousin because they haven't got separate databases and just send it to everyone on their contact list!

That's what's grinding my gears! :mad: 

P.S. I'm a Ltd company but had no correspondence from the ICO about this

Edited by Izzy Muzzett

22 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

I thought this was all recent and on the back of the Facebook/Cambridge Analytica scandal stuff. I had no idea it had been on the cards for a year.

The ball ache for me is that these businesses probably have a combination of customers, suppliers, associates, friends and even family on the same database! 

As this is just aimed at customers, it means I'm getting e-mails off every cvnt and his cousin because they haven't got separate databases and just send it to everyone on their contact list!

That's what's grinding my gears! :mad: 

P.S. I'm a Ltd company but had no correspondence from the ICO about this

it's annoying but what else do you expect to happen :)/what else would you suggest...?

11 minutes ago, StanSP said:

it's annoying but what else do you expect to happen :)/what else would you suggest...?

I'd expect that any business owner worth their salt would have a decent CRM system in place that was dedicated for their customers only.

I guess I wouldn't expect them to also send that same information to their suppliers, associates, other businesses, friends and family etc. if it's only relevant to their customers.

That's why I thought this GDPR was only relevant for B2C and not B2B.

Maybe I'm wrong or just asking too much :rolleyes: